Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Found a bottle of vodka in a dumpster on a ride, you?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Found a bottle of vodka in a dumpster on a ride, you?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-22, 09:52 AM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
It's not even a matter of adulteration. People reuse bottles and don't always bother to relabel them or take the label off when they do.

I've never seen anyone do a blindfold taste test between rubbing alcohol and quality vodka, but a person wouldn't need to have bad intent to reuse a fancy vodka bottle as their rubbing alcohol container, they might even find it funny as a private joke. Nowhere in that scenario would they have given thought to what might happen after it's been discarded. People rarely do.
Life is full of risks, id take my chances that the half full bottle of vodka hasn't been adulterated and isn't rubbing alcohol. Seems like OP did too
Old 07-06-22, 09:58 AM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3502 Post(s)
Liked 2,918 Times in 1,772 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
Life is full of risks, id take my chances that the half full bottle of vodka hasn't been adulterated and isn't rubbing alcohol. Seems like OP did too
There's a chance you could survive a jump out of a plane at 30,000 feet without a parachute. I hear the trip down is quite scenic. Might be worth the risk.
Old 07-06-22, 10:12 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts

Mazel tov. I really don't care what either of you do. You posted that there was no risk of it being adulterated which was clearly a dumb assertion.

As I recall, you're a self-identified alcoholic who's said that he's put vodka into his water bottle while he rides. Not to get ad hominem here, but you realize you're an admitted addict bragging about how far you'd go for a fix, right? Kinda think if I were OP, you'd be about the last person I'd want "defending" me.
Old 07-06-22, 10:29 AM
LarrySellerz

Mazel tov. I really don't care what either of you do. You posted that there was no risk of it being adulterated which was clearly a dumb assertion.

As I recall, you're a self-identified alcoholic who's said that he's put vodka into his water bottle while he rides. Not to get ad hominem here, but you realize you're an admitted addict bragging about how far you'd go for a fix, right? Kinda think if I were OP, you'd be about the last person I'd want "defending" me.
im just saying that he's probably more likely to cut himself on glass trying to grab the vodka that hurt himself from adulterants. You would spit out iso if you put it in your mouth. Not bragging though, you do have a point
Old 07-06-22, 10:31 AM
smd4

im just saying that he's probably more likely to cut himself on glass trying to grab the vodka that hurt himself from adulterants. You would spit out iso if you put it in your mouth. Not bragging though, you do have a point
So the fact that some dude may have drunk from the open bottle--and all that entails--isn't disgusting to you?
Likes For smd4:
Old 07-06-22, 10:34 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6955 Post(s)
Liked 10,959 Times in 4,686 Posts
That bottle of vodka is pretty much useless, unless the dumpster also contained some Vermouth and green olives.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 07-06-22, 10:39 AM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,103 Times in 1,367 Posts
Originally Posted by smd4
So the fact that some dude may have drunk from the open bottle--and all that entails--isn't disgusting to you?
I mean it was already poison when it left the factory
Genesis 49:16-17
Likes For Darth Lefty:
Old 07-06-22, 10:45 AM
smd4

Originally Posted by Koyote
That bottle of vodka is pretty much useless, unless the dumpster also contained some Vermouth and green olives.
A man can't really savor his martini without an olive, you know? Otherwise, you see, it just doesn't...quite...make it.
Old 07-06-22, 10:47 AM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9653 Post(s)
Liked 6,365 Times in 3,505 Posts
For 5 bucks you can go to Total Wine and get a fifth of vodka. No risk is worth drinking out of a bottle found in a dumpster.

The whole idea is simply disgusting.
Likes For Mojo31:
Old 07-06-22, 10:48 AM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9653 Post(s)
Liked 6,365 Times in 3,505 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
But, depending on how and where it was made, it could be a good poison.
Old 07-06-22, 10:56 AM
LarrySellerz

Its vodka dude... people who drink vodka from a dumpster don't care about backwash; and they shouldn't, bacteria can't live in vodka. Ya OP is degenerate AF for drinking vodka out of a dumpster but whatever more power to him. Being like "the vodka could be contaminated" is completely ignoring the mindset of someone who would drink vodka out of the dumpster in the first place
Likes For LarrySellerz:
Old 07-06-22, 10:58 AM
smd4

Its vodka dude... people who drink vodka from a dumpster don't care about backwash; and they shouldn't, bacteria can't live in vodka. Ya OP is degenerate AF for drinking vodka out of a dumpster but whatever more power to him. Being like "the vodka could be contaminated" is completely ignoring the mindset of someone who would drink vodka out of the dumpster in the first place
So...we should be supportive of alcoholism?
Old 07-06-22, 11:01 AM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2238 Post(s)
Liked 3,429 Times in 1,793 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
Exactly.

That's the irony of this thread. The less Vodka in that bottle, the less likely it is to kill you.
Likes For Polaris OBark:
Old 07-06-22, 11:02 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

When I was a kid, oral thermometers were dipped in iso to sterilize them between uses, so I have actually tasted iso. I started drinking at a very young age and one of the first things I had was vodka and it basically tasted the same to me. Now admittedly, my palate was not exactly sophisticated, but I'm not sure you'd be able to tell the difference until after you swallowed it. Please don't try the experiment.

I don't know how you calculate probabilities, but that comparison sucks. Besides, I'm pretty sure you are more likely to cut yourself on a bottle you retrieve from a dumpster and haul on your bike than you are if you pick it up in more normal channels, so I don't see what you think you're proving with that comparison. As the pilot said, "yes, I know I'm more likely to get killed driving to and from the airport, but I have to do that too." The comparison is meaningless.

Last edited by livedarklions; 07-06-22 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-06-22, 11:02 AM
smd4

Its vodka dude... people who drink vodka from a dumpster don't care about backwash; and they shouldn't, bacteria can't live in vodka.
Wasn't really the bacteria I was concerned with. More like drinking some other dude's spit. But whatever floats your boat...
Likes For smd4:
Old 07-06-22, 11:09 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Are you trying to get OP to pay you to stop posting?

Up to this point, no one else suggested this is an alcoholism issue with him.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 07-06-22, 11:14 AM
LarrySellerz

Are you trying to get OP to pay you to stop posting?

Up to this point, no one else suggested this is an alcoholism issue with him.
Not saying he is an alcoholic just that drinking vodka out of the dumpster is pretty degenerate, but whatever we live in a crazy society anyways and at the end of the day drinking dumpster vodka isn't hurting anyone and frankly isn't worse for you than drinking vodka from the corner store or some rich dude drinking 100$ vodka at a party. If anything its better for the environment
Old 07-06-22, 11:16 AM
smd4

Not saying he is an alcoholic just that drinking vodka out of the dumpster is pretty degenerate, but whatever we live in a crazy society anyways and at the end of the day drinking dumpster vodka isn't hurting anyone and frankly isn't worse for you than drinking vodka from the corner store or some rich dude drinking 100$ vodka at a party. If anything its better for the environment
I'd never spend that much money on vodka.
Old 07-06-22, 11:19 AM
LarrySellerz

I'd never spend that much money on vodka.
Some people do, and society treats them better than OP drinking his dumpster vodka
Old 07-06-22, 11:19 AM
smd4

Some people do, and society treats them better than OP drinking his dumpster vodka
Gee, I wonder why?
Likes For smd4:
Old 07-06-22, 11:25 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

I'm sure being called a degenerate is soooooo much better than being called an alcoholic.

Objectively, you're more likely to drink poisoned vodka if you get it from the dumpster than if you get it from the store. You're welcome to take that risk, I don't care. Just stop lying about the comparative risk.

And it's eco-friendly? Why are you so desperate to defend this that you'd make up such obvious BS?
Old 07-06-22, 11:26 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Has the OP suggested society is treating him badly? What the hell are you talking about?
Old 07-06-22, 11:30 AM
LarrySellerz

Has the OP suggested society is treating him badly? What the hell are you talking about?
y'all are trashing him for drinking it! lol. That is society
Old 07-06-22, 11:33 AM
smd4

y'all are trashing him for drinking it! lol. That is society
Of course we are! 'Cause it's disgusting and gross and kinda stupid. What's the problem?
Likes For smd4:
Old 07-06-22, 11:42 AM
Reflector Guy

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 588 Posts
We need to stop pretending Larry and the OP are two different people.
Likes For Reflector Guy:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.