Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Giant OCR 2 front derailleur hanger replacement

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 08-07-22, 08:41 AM
BikePiet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi

I imported my (Dutch) 2006 Giant OCR 2.0 road bike to Canada and discovered that the (braze-on / direct mount) front derailleur hanger is broken. There's a big tear that went all the way through. Not sure when or how this happened as it did not seem to affect the shifting, but I'd like to replace it all the same.

Does anyone know where I could order a replacement in Canada? I've only found websites in the UK and France that seem to sell this particular or comparable types. It looks like a Giant Front Derailleur Bracket WG24F or #310201, but maybe the WG29 or WG30 could work too. Not at all sure what to look for apart from the largest chain ring size, which is 52T.

imgur.com/E6TOAAd
imgur.com/ugDO2oi

Merci!
Old 08-08-22, 05:21 AM
Hondo6

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked 655 Times in 455 Posts
Originally Posted by BikePiet
Hi

I imported my (Dutch) 2006 Giant OCR 2.0 road bike to Canada and discovered that the (braze-on / direct mount) front derailleur hanger is broken. There's a big tear that went all the way through. Not sure when or how this happened as it did not seem to affect the shifting, but I'd like to replace it all the same.

Does anyone know where I could order a replacement in Canada? I've only found websites in the UK and France that seem to sell this particular or comparable types. It looks like a Giant Front Derailleur Bracket WG24F or #310201, but maybe the WG29 or WG30 could work too. Not at all sure what to look for apart from the largest chain ring size, which is 52T.

imgur.com/E6TOAAd
imgur.com/ugDO2oi

Merci!

This might be the part you need. You'd have to contact the vendors to find out if they ship Canada (they both appear to be in the US).

Be advised that postal shipping from US to Canada (and vice versa) can be fairly expensive.

https://www.amaincycling.com/giant-f...yABEgJUBvD_BwE

https://sunshinebike.com/products/gi...cr-99-07-27037

AliExpress also appears to have the part. I'm pretty sure they ship to Canada.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004346177828.html

Can't vouch for any of these sources as I've never done business with any of them.

I'll defer to our Canadian readers regarding where to obtain it from a Canadian source.

Best of luck.

Last edited by Hondo6; 08-08-22 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-11-22, 08:03 AM
BikePiet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks!