Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Looking for user manual old computer

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-20, 02:45 PM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

Bikes: Diamondback Wildwood Classic

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 280 Times in 195 Posts

We get in a lot of donated bikes, some have basic computers and we always try putting in a new battery to see if it works, if it doesn't then it just gets tossed.If the new battery makes it come alive, we reset it up for whoever gets the bike.

We got one in with an Axiom "Gary Fisher" computer and for the life of us we cannot figure how to reset this one. Most of the time we can figure it out just by playing with the buttons and we have searched the web but this model (two buttons on bottom) never pops up.

We even email Axiom and they said they couldn't help us as it is too old.

The model is wired to the sensor on the fork and the sensor is working as it does record speed and distance but cannot figure how to set the time or wheel size.
Here are pics of the front and back (the back does have an AC (all clear) recessed button in addition to the two front buttons. There is also a date code stamped onto the back of "0298" so guessing it is about 22 years old

Please pass on the instructions if you have them. Thanks

Old 06-01-20, 03:14 PM
dmark 

Bikes: 68 SS, 72 Fuji Finest, 72 PX-10, 77 Pana Pro 7000, 84 Pinnarello Treviso NR, 84 Trek 520, 88 Project KOM, 90 Trek 750, 91 Trek 930

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 142 Posts
Looks like a Vetta perhaps try them?
Old 06-01-20, 04:05 PM
70sSanO

Bikes: 1986 Cannondale SR400 (Flat bar commuter), 1988 Cannondale Criterium XTR, 1992 Serotta T-Max, 1995 Trek 970

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1943 Post(s)
Liked 2,164 Times in 1,323 Posts
By 1998 Gary Fisher wasn’t making anything much less bike computers. The suggestion about Vetta is a good one. Check out a Vetta C10 manual. The design sure looks similar from both top and bottom.

John
Old 06-02-20, 02:03 AM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

Originally Posted by dmark
Looks like a Vetta perhaps try them?
Originally Posted by 70sSanO
By 1998 Gary Fisher wasn’t making anything much less bike computers. The suggestion about Vetta is a good one. Check out a Vetta C10 manual. The design sure looks similar from both top and bottom.

John
Thank you both, printed out the C-10 & C-15/16 manuals, we'll try these instructions out

Last edited by JoeTBM; 06-02-20 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-02-20, 06:47 AM
HillRider

Bikes: '96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '20 Surly Midnight Special, All are 3x10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2026 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 742 Posts
Another possibility is that it's a rebadged Cat-Eye as Trek's older house branded cyclometer's were Cat-Eyes. Look up a Cat-Eye Mity 3 and try it's set-up as all of the older Cat-Eyes had pretty much the same procedure.
Old 06-02-20, 06:56 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 699 Times in 436 Posts
We have an older Axiom computer from Performance. It is a two button, so maybe the instructions will be the same? Here's instructions for the Performance one, in case it might help: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/71...om.html#manual
The red button referred to is on the left (on ours) and the mode button is on the right.

Last edited by freeranger; 06-02-20 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-02-20, 11:56 AM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts
Another possibility is the AVOCET Cyclo 20 or 30
Old 07-30-21, 06:50 PM
ceege54

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Joe,

I ran across your 06-2020 post today, as I was searching online for a digital version of the manual for my computer. Your post popped up, so I thought I'd reply. Although highly unlikely that you'd still need the manual for last year's project, maybe a future bike may need it, or someone else could benefit from it.

I bought this shortly after I bought my bike in 1992, so it's from the early 1990s. I'm just going through some equipment these days, found my bike, replaced the tubes and tuned it up, and now I have something to ride! :-)

Anyway, here's a scanned image file of the exact manual you were looking for. (Let me know if it doesn't upload - I didn't receive confirmation that it got attached)

Clint Johnson
Manteno, IL
Old 07-31-21, 02:29 AM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

Originally Posted by ceege54
Hi Joe,

I ran across your 06-2020 post today, as I was searching online for a digital version of the manual for my computer. Your post popped up, so I thought I'd reply. Although highly unlikely that you'd still need the manual for last year's project, maybe a future bike may need it, or someone else could benefit from it.

I bought this shortly after I bought my bike in 1992, so it's from the early 1990s. I'm just going through some equipment these days, found my bike, replaced the tubes and tuned it up, and now I have something to ride! :-)

Anyway, here's a scanned image file of the exact manual you were looking for. (Let me know if it doesn't upload - I didn't receive confirmation that it got attached)

Clint Johnson
Manteno, IL
Clint, Yes I believe we solved that issue with help from another forum member. The bike has long been issued out.

As far as your attachment, sorry it did not attach and I believe the reason is that you are a new user to the Bike Forum, I believe you will need minimum 10 posts before you can attach items.

Really appreciate the attempt. Welcome to the forum and get you post count going so you can fully join in.