Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

What road bike do you have?

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

What road bike do you have?

Old 03-16-24, 03:52 PM
Texas Aggie 

Bikes: Eddy Merckx Titanium AX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 5 Posts
Purchased this a couple weeks ago. Went from titanium with Ultegra on alloy clinchers to pretty much the opposite. But I absolutely love the ride so far!

Likes For Texas Aggie:
Old 03-23-24, 12:35 AM
Fredo76
The Wheezing Geezer

Bikes: 1976 Fredo Speciale, Jamis Citizen 1, Ellis-Briggs FAVORI, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked 857 Times in 422 Posts

Blue Bella

Build list:

Frame: 60 cm Libertas (Belgian) mixte, w/531 main tubes, 35 5/8” wheelbase, 126 mm rear spacing, mid ’70s
Headset: IRD/Tange roller bearing
Bottom bracket: Shimano cartridge 122.5 mm
Stem: Nitto Technomic
Bars: Cinelli Giro d’Italia 42 cm, double wrapped w/Velo Orange yellow over Velox white (and no finishing tape(!))
Brifters: MicroNew 3x7
Shift cables: Jagwire
Brake cables: Shimano
Brake calipers: Tektro R359
DT cable guide: Campagnolo
DT cable stop: Origin8
Crankset: Velo Orange Grand Cru triple, 165mm, 48-34-24
Pedals: Shimano M520 double-sided SPD
Front derailleur: Shimano Deore II MT-62 triple
Rear derailleur: Shimano Tiagra RD-4400 GS
Chain: KMC 9-speed
Seatpost: Thomson Elite
Seat: Selle SMP Well, white
Wheels: Campagnolo Record hubs, FiR tubular rims, Vittoria Corsa Control 28mm rear, Rally 23mm front
Freewheel: Sachs sealed 7-speed, 13-15-17-19-21-23-26

Weight as shown: 11 kg (24.25 lbs.)

Blue Bella came out nice, I think.
Likes For Fredo76:
Old 03-23-24, 03:54 AM
VintageSteelEU

Bikes: Motobecane C41, Matsu$hita Nashonaru

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 395 Times in 234 Posts
Originally Posted by Fredo76

Blue Bella

Build list:

Frame: 60 cm Libertas (Belgian) mixte, w/531 main tubes, 35 5/8” wheelbase, 126 mm rear spacing, mid ’70s
Headset: IRD/Tange roller bearing
Bottom bracket: Shimano cartridge 122.5 mm
Stem: Nitto Technomic
Bars: Cinelli Giro d’Italia 42 cm, double wrapped w/Velo Orange yellow over Velox white (and no finishing tape(!))
Brifters: MicroNew 3x7
Shift cables: Jagwire
Brake cables: Shimano
Brake calipers: Tektro R359
DT cable guide: Campagnolo
DT cable stop: Origin8
Crankset: Velo Orange Grand Cru triple, 165mm, 48-34-24
Pedals: Shimano M520 double-sided SPD
Front derailleur: Shimano Deore II MT-62 triple
Rear derailleur: Shimano Tiagra RD-4400 GS
Chain: KMC 9-speed
Seatpost: Thomson Elite
Seat: Selle SMP Well, white
Wheels: Campagnolo Record hubs, FiR tubular rims, Vittoria Corsa Control 28mm rear, Rally 23mm front
Freewheel: Sachs sealed 7-speed, 13-15-17-19-21-23-26

Weight as shown: 11 kg (24.25 lbs.)

Blue Bella came out nice, I think.
Looks great! Probably one of the best looking bicycles in the past few pages of this thread (not plastic, which is always a win). That's a very unusual mixte frame. Fairly short chainstays, it looks like the frame geometry is very similar to typical racing frames rather than touring frames.
Old 03-23-24, 01:13 PM
Fredo76
The Wheezing Geezer

Bikes: 1976 Fredo Speciale, Jamis Citizen 1, Ellis-Briggs FAVORI, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr.

Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked 857 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageSteelEU
Looks great! Probably one of the best looking bicycles in the past few pages of this thread (not plastic, which is always a win). That's a very unusual mixte frame. Fairly short chainstays, it looks like the frame geometry is very similar to typical racing frames rather than touring frames.
Thanks, sincerely!

Can you believe she got dissed in the Hot or Not thread? Maybe it was the Tourney derailleurs I had on. Prejudice is a terrible thing...

The wheelbase is just 1/8" longer than my old racing bike, and it's not just the chainstays - I had to get my first 165mm crankset ever, to avoid toe overlap!

She's a fun ride. I like her looks so much I've been carrying a water bottle in my pocket to avoid cluttering her up!
Old 03-23-24, 01:38 PM
VintageSteelEU

Bikes: Motobecane C41, Matsu$hita Nashonaru

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 395 Times in 234 Posts
Originally Posted by Fredo76
Thanks, sincerely!

Can you believe she got dissed in the Hot or Not thread? Maybe it was the Tourney derailleurs I had on. Prejudice is a terrible thing...

The wheelbase is just 1/8" longer than my old racing bike, and it's not just the chainstays - I had to get my first 165mm crankset ever, to avoid toe overlap!

She's a fun ride. I like her looks so much I've been carrying a water bottle in my pocket to avoid cluttering her up!
Most of the mixte frames I see on evilBay are low level ones and fairly short. If there's one with Vitus or Reynolds tubing, tall and with proper dropouts, they tend to be way too expensive, which is why I don't have a mixte frame. Which is a bit of a shame, as that would be a great commuting bike.
It looks compact and should be pretty responsive, by the look of things. As for shorter cranks, apparently good for one's knees Happy riding!
As for Tourney derailleuirs, in my experience they work pretty well and do what they are supposed to do. My general preference would be an older upper level derailleur from the late 80's to mid 90's (say, Tiagra, 105 / Ultegra) because one can be had for the price of a new Tourney / Altus and they are better built. But other than that, there's nothing wrong with Tourney. That being said, only one of my bicycles has indexed shifting and I'm switching it to friction as well later this year.
Old 03-24-24, 04:42 PM
jaseyjase

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 15 Posts
Old 03-24-24, 07:30 PM
cweb99

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by jaseyjase
fire

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.