Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Giant Revolt with D-fuse

Old 01-21-22, 09:21 AM
exercion

Bikes: Cannondales: Synapse 5 Carbon and F5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 32 Posts
Giant Revolt with D-fuse

Curious if anyone here rides the Revolt or other bike with Giants D-fuse seatpost? I'm looking hard at getting one, but also have read about some people having issues with sliding posts. I'm 230/240 lbs and while I love what I know about those bikes from afar, I'd hate to get one then find it's a known issue that above X weight the seat posts have issues.

Eric
Old 01-24-22, 01:01 AM
SquishyBiker

Bikes: 2014 Avanti Circa (Rd Dist), 2020 Giant Toughroad (Rd Tour), 2021 Trek Allant+ 8S (eCommute), 2021 Scott Aspect 940 (Mt HT), 2014 Santa Cruz Superlight 29er (Mt FS), 2022 Scott Spark 960 (Mt FS)

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 26 Posts
I have recently had problems with frame quality on a D-fuse frame (Toughroad) - for this reason alone, I now stay away from proprietary seat tubes...
Likes For SquishyBiker:
Old 02-02-22, 07:39 PM
DarKris

Bikes: Kona Kahuna DL Drop Bar - Sensah SRX Pro 1x11 (2012 Frame), Giant Toughroad GX 1 - Shimano Road Hydro + SLX 1x10 (2018), Diamondback Sync'r - SRAM NX 1x12 (2020)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 54 Posts
I'm 247 lbs and I have a Revolt Advanced and have had no issues with the seatpost. I also has a Toughroad for about 3 years and have ridden it with the D-Fuse post even when I was around 360 lbs without issue.

As with anything YMMV.
Old 02-03-22, 08:39 AM
exercion

Bikes: Cannondales: Synapse 5 Carbon and F5

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 32 Posts
Thanks guys. It wound up being a moot point as I stumbled across a used Checkpoint in my size.
Old 03-07-22, 05:58 AM
deaninkl

Bikes: 2009 Giant TCR Aluxx SL, 2015 Bruno 700c Tour, Canyon Urban 8.0, Giant FCR 2018,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
I’m 220 lbs and have ridden a Giant FCR for an out 3 years, never had any issues, but don’t really get the rational behind it… somewhat restricts some fixings and means seat posts can only be used on other Giant models… works fine for me but not a fan.
Old 07-19-22, 07:08 PM
Plainsman

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by exercion
Curious if anyone here rides the Revolt or other bike with Giants D-fuse seatpost? I'm looking hard at getting one, but also have read about some people having issues with sliding posts. I'm 230/240 lbs and while I love what I know about those bikes from afar, I'd hate to get one then find it's a known issue that above X weight the seat posts have issues.

Eric
I know it's a moot point, but thought I would respond in case anyone else has the same question. I have a 2022 alloy Revolt that came with an alloy D-fuse seat post. I weigh under 160 pounds and could not keep the post from slipping. When tightened to max torque, it would still slip, even on asphalt. Shop remedied that by covering the post with Finish Line Fibergrip and slightly over-torqueing (after talking to Giant). I recently swapped to a carbon post, and now have no slipping even on course gravel, and I don't even have it at max torque. I think the slipping was an issue of aluminum on aluminum.
Old 07-21-22, 10:16 AM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
I'm not a fan of proprietary seat posts. I won't bike a bike that has one. It's bad enough getting a bike that has an 27mm seatpost size.