Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

How's the area near Loveland, Fort Collins, Greeley CO?

Notices
Foo Light hearted off-topic chit chat with no general subject.

Old 12-19-21, 12:18 PM
EJ123
djentleman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 43 Posts

Looking for jobs to start here next summer and have lots of freedom with where to apply. Outside of places I am also looking like Bend, OR and SLC/Provo UT, I really am interested in the area north of Denver.

Anyone have experience in this area? Seems like awesome bike trails, close to mountains, good cost of living/housing costs, not too cramped, and some lakes up there to do things. Also saw the mini regional airport up there that looks to offer flights to Denver/LV. I'm in my early 30s for what it's worth too, so may not mind putting roots there.
Old 12-19-21, 12:58 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,321 Times in 1,157 Posts
It is about an hour's drive to Denver's airport. A former GF was from Loveland, who described it as "flat, dry and dull." It does have a preponderance of nursing homes. Fort Collins has Colorado State, and is very close by (the two towns essentially merge). There is a bit more to do there. But the main attraction is the highway that goes up to Rocky Mountain National Park.
Old 12-20-21, 01:33 PM
EJ123
djentleman

Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
It is about an hour's drive to Denver's airport. A former GF was from Loveland, who described it as "flat, dry and dull." It does have a preponderance of nursing homes. Fort Collins has Colorado State, and is very close by (the two towns essentially merge). There is a bit more to do there. But the main attraction is the highway that goes up to Rocky Mountain National Park.
LOL, flat and dull describes my hometown pretty well. Hour drive is not too bad. I was hopeful that the home prices around that area were good, but that hope was quickly shot down when looking on zillow
Old 01-20-22, 09:02 PM
EJ123
djentleman

Anyone here been to the Longmont, CO area or know good/bad things about it?

Good chance I pick up a job there this summer either Longmont of Fort Collins, so super pumped for the trails and mountains.
Old 01-20-22, 09:14 PM
LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 245 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10722 Post(s)
Liked 4,093 Times in 2,405 Posts
I ride through often. I'm not real sure where the flat, dry and dull thing came from, but I don't much agree. There's good riding , no matter what you're into. Head west, you have hills, though you may call them mountains. East, it is plains, so that part is pretty flat. Gravel both ways. You're going to pay dearly for a home, and if you choose to rent, that'll be up there too. Longmont is a bit more diverse in culture than Ft. Collins, in my opinion.

Old 01-23-22, 01:36 PM
EJ123
djentleman

Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
I ride through often. I'm not real sure where the flat, dry and dull thing came from, but I don't much agree. There's good riding , no matter what you're into. Head west, you have hills, though you may call them mountains. East, it is plains, so that part is pretty flat. Gravel both ways. You're going to pay dearly for a home, and if you choose to rent, that'll be up there too. Longmont is a bit more diverse in culture than Ft. Collins, in my opinion.
They both certainly have pros and cons. I think both would be great options. Fort Collins seems to have better kayaking and their downtown looks more fun, but tad farther from downtown Denver, their airport, etc. I would love to have a house in that region and seems FC is MUCH cheaper than Longmont being so close to Boulder.
Old 01-24-22, 04:48 AM
clemsongirl 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked 2,140 Times in 684 Posts
I really like Golden Co. I go there a few times a year for work on contracts we have with NREL and I’ve been to a few great concerts at the Red Rocks Amphitheater 15 minutes away. Good area for hiking, rock climbing, bicycling (both mountain and road. Lookout Mountain is just one of the good road rides), good kayaking and all by/in the Rocky Mountain foothills. Also without urban crowded feelings but within a 30 minute drive to the Denver airport. Being a mid 30’s myself I’ve always found interesting things to do there especially concerning getting outside to exercise even in the winter!