Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

My Dahon Dash

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

My Dahon Dash

Old 04-03-17, 07:58 PM
Abu Mahendra

Bikes: In service - FSIR Spin 3.0, Bannard Sunny minivelo, Dahon Dash Altena folder. Several others in construction or temporarily decommissioned.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 897 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 17 Posts
My Dahon Dash

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 04-10-17 at 03:53 AM.
Old 04-10-17, 03:55 AM
Abu Mahendra

Bikes: In service - FSIR Spin 3.0, Bannard Sunny minivelo, Dahon Dash Altena folder. Several others in construction or temporarily decommissioned.

Old 04-10-17, 04:09 AM
Diode100

Bikes: 2011 Jetstream P11 Alfine; 3sp Presto-Lite; Occasional Access to 6sp Brompton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I appreciate these splendid photos, but I have to say I do like it when those cycling in exotic climes include a photo of their lunch when out pootling, adds some extra spice and colour for those of us in more dour locations.
Old 04-29-18, 07:16 PM
Abu Mahendra

Bare bones now...

Old 04-29-18, 10:19 PM
L Arnold
**thusi*st

Bikes: Specialized Touring Expedition '1984, Volagi Liscio, Dahon Visc D18, Dahon Visc SL, Schwinn Moab

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Nice Pics.
Why did you take the bike down to the Frame? Are the built pics after the build?

I am going to work on getting some similar bikes. Not really in Dahon's current offering but hey.
Where there is a will, perhaps there is a way.

Enjoy your bike!
Old 04-29-18, 10:48 PM
Abu Mahendra

hi, thanks...i bought the Dash second-hand in 2014. Since then, during two tours, three countries, and till a few weeks ago it was my meat-and-potatoes ride. In that time it accumulated several battle scars, though structurally it is sound as ever. The tubes and welds are all physically intact. The LockJaw hinges still open and clamp shut fine. I've often ridden it roughshod as it were a veritable mountain bike. Not bad for an affordably-priced 'Asian' manufacture, hah?

In the meantime i have accumulated other bikes, so it is now time to decommission the Dash, perhaps permanently, perhaps only temporarily. The bike holds a special place in my heart for it was my gateway drug to small-wheel bikes, folding and non-. It is now headed to the shop for re-painting. When it returns, it will go on a wall as a decoration piece, to remain there as such permanently or to await its turn in the qeue for rebuilding...

The FSIR Spin now takes the Dash's place as my main folding 406er.

Originally Posted by L Arnold
Nice Pics.
Why did you take the bike down to the Frame? Are the built pics after the build?

I am going to work on getting some similar bikes. Not really in Dahon's current offering but hey.
Where there is a will, perhaps there is a way.

Enjoy your bike!

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 04-30-18 at 07:00 AM.
Old 06-26-21, 12:46 PM
BikeLite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 93 Posts
There's a dahon dash in the Tour Divide race this year, ridden by Amy Clark, who has a racing background also with Bike Friday bikes.
https://trackleaders.com/tourdivide2...name=Amy_Clark
Likes For BikeLite: