Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Freak Biker checking in

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Freak Biker checking in

Old 10-15-22, 09:28 AM
GuitarlCarl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Freak Biker checking in

I found this place researching TT bikes. Very cool. I usually hang at ratrodbikes so there you go. Same username and attitude. I missed out on the professional bike culture growing up but I still find these bikes amazing. My main ride is so far left many won't get it but it's comfortable and fun for just cruising. I built it and call it Harlequin T. It's a stretch recumbent made from an old Daisy tandem. 9 more posts and maybe you'll get to see it...
Oh yeah, I'm an old guy 62 who repairs guitars at a local Mom and Pop store, south of Chicago about 60 miles.

GC
Old 10-15-22, 09:37 AM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked 768 Times in 491 Posts
Welcome!
BTW, many of us, even the old schoolers are still growing up and enjoying cool bike builds.
Nice of you to fix guitars, hope you get to work some classics like fenders and gibsons?
Old 10-16-22, 04:33 PM
GuitarlCarl

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joesch
Welcome!
BTW, many of us, even the old schoolers are still growing up and enjoying cool bike builds.
Nice of you to fix guitars, hope you get to work some classics like fenders and gibsons?
Oh yeah, we're a Fender dealer, a company that has in the past bought much of it's competition. So I get to work on a lot of cool stuff I'd never see otherwise.
I'm still going thru the vintage TT thread. Very cool stuff. I'm also rebuilding a Nishiki into a faux TT bike for an online buildoff. Will be chiming in now and then, there's a wealth of information here, glad I found it.
Old 10-17-22, 09:28 AM
IsraelStall
Banned.

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It is indeed a fit place to share bike ideas and so on. Welcome aboard!
Old 10-17-22, 01:53 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked 1,414 Times in 801 Posts
Welcome from a septuagenarian that has retained some of his child. He comes out most often when pedaling a bike, and he is always welcome.