Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

Another SART Mugging on 1/30, 7:15pm

Notices
Southern California Southern California

Another SART Mugging on 1/30, 7:15pm

Old 02-05-12, 12:22 AM
sakeed123

Bikes: 1984 Raleigh RacingUSA GrandPrix 555sl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
How can you not fight? One of those ****ers at minimum would go to the morgue with me if that were what may come. That would put a stop from anyone else getting hit
Old 02-05-12, 12:56 AM
erg79

Bikes: 2012 Jamis Coda Comp; early 80s Univega Nuovo Sport

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sakeed123
How can you not fight?
I think notabikedork's post made it pretty clear why he chose not to.

One of those ****ers at minimum would go to the morgue with me if that were what may come. That would put a stop from anyone else getting hit
Always easy to say something like that. When you're put in an actual situation, in the dark, against two other guys and you don't know if they have guns...
Old 02-05-12, 11:01 AM
Flying Merkel

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
When you're outnumbered and taken by surprise, you are ****. On TV, when the hero wipes out three guys all by hisself, notice that the bad guys all patiently wait their turn to take their shots. Real life is a bit more complicated. The OP lost his bike and some stuff. He was able to go home to his family and back to work to support them. That's what a responsible adult has to do.

The users of SART need to get the word out. I've stopped riding the trail through Santa Ana at night. Between the 405 and 22 is my personal no fly zone. Santa Ana is my home town. Even 50 years ago it wasn't the best of 'hoods. Hasn't improved.
Old 02-05-12, 05:18 PM
mjclarklmc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got Me Too

On 02/04/12 at 2:30 PM under the 1st street bridge. Probably same three punks. Tossed a bike right in front of me at +14 mph. I hit hard and two started beating me while the third grabbed the bike. Saturday afternoon people coming and going. I agree probably a cell phone setup. Let me tell you after hitting the pavement and having two punks kick the **** out of me you are not able to do much.

If you see a Red and White 2012 Trek 5.2 Madone 50cm email me. Had a Node 2 and seat bag. Police said it was gang controlled territory.
Old 02-05-12, 07:26 PM
calamarichris
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 268 Times in 153 Posts
Originally Posted by weshigh
We got it after your first post. You don't like Hispanics/minorities. Moving on.
Thanks for saying what the rest of us were thinking.
Old 02-05-12, 08:01 PM
haaseg

Bikes: 2010 FUJI SL-1 Comp

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John R
It would be nice if you could outfit your bike with a Lojack or some kind of GPS tracking device. It would be worth the money to catch these bastards.
I was actually thinking about this the other day. I was thinking about the microchip they put in my dog, and I was thinking it would be neat to do something like drop an RFID down the seat tube, or tuck one in the handlebar before you put the bar end plug in.
Old 02-05-12, 08:22 PM
sakeed123

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by erg79
I think notabikedork's post made it pretty clear why he chose not to.

Always easy to say something like that. When you're put in an actual situation, in the dark, against two other guys and you don't know if they have guns...
THere are those that fight, and those that lay and play victum. I have always been a fighter for what is right. I pride myself not on being aggressive, but solely on being able to defend myself. Sometimes, actually most of the time, that is going on a quick offense without hesitation or thought. You either have it, or you don't. When I know I won't get into trouble for it, I will lay a couple of mfers out without though a second though. See my bike? try me
Old 02-05-12, 08:26 PM
jmX

Bikes: Roubaix / Shiv

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mjclarklmc
On 02/04/12 at 2:30 PM under the 1st street bridge. Probably same three punks. Tossed a bike right in front of me at +14 mph. I hit hard and two started beating me while the third grabbed the bike. Saturday afternoon people coming and going. I agree probably a cell phone setup. Let me tell you after hitting the pavement and having two punks kick the **** out of me you are not able to do much.

If you see a Red and White 2012 Trek 5.2 Madone 50cm email me. Had a Node 2 and seat bag. Police said it was gang controlled territory.
Say what? 2:30pm on a Saturday afternoon???
Old 02-05-12, 08:54 PM
calamarichris
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

THere are those that fight, and those that lay and play victum. I have always been a fighter for what is right. I pride myself not on being aggressive, but solely on being able to defend myself. Sometimes, actually most of the time, that is going on a quick offense without hesitation or thought. You either have it, or you don't. When I know I won't get into trouble for it, I will lay a couple of mfers out without though a second though. See my bike? try me
Cooool!
Old 02-05-12, 09:14 PM
sakeed123

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by calamarichris
Cooool!
So now Im labeled Bronson all because Im not a *****cat? Grow some balls. Glad none of you are enlisted to fight for this country. I might be on the other end of the spectrum granted, but that has alot to do growing up in the south bay with 5 brothers (including a twin) and no mom. School of hard knocks, all of us beating the **** out of eachother- but hey, whats all this scaredness of having a gun, how they hell do they know I don't pack one? food for though for ya. you think laying on the ground won;t get you shot if thats what they are going to do? I ain;t getting shot laying down, Ill take mine in the chest fighting.

And for the record, the last two bastards I took out a few years back jumped me and then cried and called the cops when I shove ones head up the others ass- you always go after the big guy, then get readyt with an elbow or a knee kick to the next punk

Last edited by sakeed123; 02-05-12 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-05-12, 09:25 PM
calamarichris
Banned.

So now Im labeled Bronson all because Im not a *****cat? Grow some balls. Glad none of you are enlisted to fight for this country. I might be on the other end of the spectrum granted, but that has alot to do growing up in the south bay with 5 brothers (including a twin) and no mom. School of hard knocks, all of us beating the **** out of eachother- but hey, whats all this scaredness of having a gun, how they hell do they know I don't pack one? food for though for ya. you think laying on the ground won;t get you shot if thats what they are going to do? I ain;t getting shot laying down, Ill take mine in the chest fighting.

And for the record, the last two bastards I took out a few years back jumped me and then cried and called the cops when I shove ones head up the others ass- you always go after the big guy, then get readyt with an elbow or a knee kick to the next punk
Totally awesome. I feel like I just watched 3:10 to Yuma! I'm so pumped!!

Old 02-05-12, 10:28 PM
Nachoman
well hello there

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 206 Posts
Another internet tough guy.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Old 02-05-12, 11:31 PM
bored117 

Bikes: Lynskey R230 DA DI2 ENVE 3.4 SES, 6KU Fixie, Cheap Aluminum Slapstick Trainer only bike

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Actually thinking maybe we pool money to get sakeed123 a decent bike in case he doesn't have one. He can be our... justice served man and keep going back and forth on the places where our forum members have been mugged. Maybe he will eliminate the bad neighbors all together and we can ride safely again...
If sakeed123 is really the type of guy who says he is... (and there is no reason for me to doubt him as of yet)... I think this could be actually meaningful way to be able to ride safely again...
Old 02-06-12, 01:53 AM
CB HI
Cycle Year Round

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
Outstanding thread. I now have a much better understanding how gangs run rampant.
Old 02-06-12, 01:58 AM
rooftest
Despite all my rage, I am

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Colnago C-50

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by calamarichris
Totally awesome. I feel like I just watched 3:10 to Yuma! I'm so pumped!!

Why would you disrespect an Eastwood film like that?
Old 02-06-12, 10:45 AM
calamarichris
Banned.

Originally Posted by rooftest
Why would you disrespect an Eastwood film like that?
Talk about disrespect. (Which is not a verb, IMO.) There are two kinds of men in this world my friend; those with shovels who call it an Eastwood film, and those with guns who [correctly] call it a Wallach film.
Eli acted circles around Clint in that one.
Old 02-06-12, 10:51 AM
John R
so cal com

Bikes: Trek hybrid commuter, Specialized Tarmac, Cannondale Cad 6, Shwinn Homegrown MB, Specialized FSR MB Cannondale Tandem

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's the question, did the bastards take your personal belongings as well as the bike?. Did they take backpacks or go through your jersey pockets. Would it be better to place your wallet on your person. I don't value by bike as much as my personal identity. It seems to me that these are the same a**holes that are doing this.
Old 02-06-12, 11:10 AM
LOGICK ONE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It has to be...all the attacks have happened between McFadden and 1st in Tijuana....err....Santa...err...Stabba Ana.
Old 02-06-12, 11:23 AM
when

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"If you think you have time to pull a gun or pepper spray or stun gun you are wrong."

This is not strictly true. Implements are not magic talismans, true. But the thing always pushed in combatives classes (whether gun, knife, or empty hand) is AWARENESS, and it is AWARENESS that gives you ample time to react. Nearly all people have zero awareness of their surroundings, and it is this that makes them easy pickings.

Scan your surroundings. Evaluate others on the MUP as threats. Be aware of bottlenecks/choke points.

And if you live in a progressive, civilized state, get training and carry something that goes bang.

Last edited by when; 02-06-12 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-06-12, 11:27 AM
jimxyz

Bikes: Baum Corretto - Felt F1

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmX
Say what? 2:30pm on a Saturday afternoon???
WTF? Is this right? Muggings on the SART mid-day? yikes
Old 02-06-12, 11:29 AM
Garfield Cat

Bikes: Cervelo Prodigy

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by when
"If you think you have time to pull a gun or pepper spray or stun gun you are wrong."

This is not strictly true. Implements are not magic talismans, true. But the thing always pushed in combatives classes (whether gun, knife, or empty hand) is AWARENESS, and it is AWARENESS that gives you ample time to react. Nearly all people have zero awareness of their surroundings, and it is this that makes them easy pickings.

Scan your surroundings. Evaluate others on the MUP as threats. Be aware of bottlenecks/choke points.

And if you live in a civilized state, get training and carry something that goes bang.
Wow, now I gotta learn a whole new set of skills. And I thought the pedal stroke was a big deal.
Old 02-06-12, 11:33 AM
LOGICK ONE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Garfield Cat
Wow, now I gotta learn a whole new set of skills. And I thought the pedal stroke was a big deal.
Old 02-06-12, 12:45 PM
Jed19

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jimxyz
WTF? Is this right? Muggings on the SART mid-day? yikes
This.

2:30 in the afternoon?

If this is true, then God help us all.
Old 02-06-12, 12:48 PM
LOGICK ONE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, the thugs probably realized that weekends are when people with really expensive bikes ride up and down. It's easy pickings for them.
Old 02-06-12, 01:37 PM
mjsocal

Bikes: older model Raleigh & a beach cruiser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jan Feetz
The area there is definitely gang area and its "marked". The gang controlling that are the Santa Ana Lopers. They are the law there and are tied to "La eMe", the Mexican Mafia. Make no mistake. They will take whatever they want. The neighborhoods surrounding that area are bad during the day and extremely dangerous at night. The only time police are in that area is when something bad happens, like a shooting or a murder.
How much area do they cover? Are they responsible for these recent succession of assaults or just a few? And thanks for the detailed info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.