Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Canyon, Grand Canyon Womens

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Old 11-09-22, 09:23 PM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1084 Post(s)
Liked 854 Times in 483 Posts

I’m thinking about buying this for my wife. She’s literally never had a bike that fits her correctly. She’s 4’9”

This bike in XS actually falls within her size. Everything else she’s had is actually too small but close enough to make it work.

Seems like a fairly decent set of parts with nice middle of the ground geometry. The fork is kinda low end but probably in line with the rest of the bike.

The 170mm cranks seem silly long for a bike this size. Honestly 155 is probably best for her.

Only missing a dropper, which I have an extra that would work with a shim. Might work.

Kinda heavy for the size. It is only $700 though.

She hasn’t ridden a mountain bike in 20 years. Was never serious. Has never had a bike that fits. This seems like a slam dunk. Am I missing something?
Old 11-10-22, 12:45 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4323 Post(s)
Liked 3,945 Times in 2,638 Posts
Yep missing the ability to try it, Canyon unless things have changed is an online brand so no ability to try it out and make sure it fits and if fitment is a huge part of this which it sounds like, it would be a no go from the get go. Most $700 bikes aren't particularly light they usually use lower end components especially suspension wise so not usually a great buy.

I would make sure the bike actually fits and is comfortable and is something she would ride before buying something off the internet unless she is 100% sure on it.