Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Protecting the paint on new bike??

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Protecting the paint on new bike??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-22, 12:47 PM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 435 Posts
Why would you cover a bike's paint job to protect its beauty when you can't see the beautiful paint job because of the tape?

If it is just the chainstay and the headtube, Lizard Skins make clear protective "patches" that do a good job, and are not too noticeable.

Last edited by Doug64; 02-16-22 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-16-22, 01:49 PM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
OP didn't say what kind of bike that the OP just bought....or did I miss something?

If it's a mountain bike, few of us do put some protection on the new mtn bike to prevent stones and such from chipping away at the paint. Yes, some of us would like to minimize the chips and scratches. Noticed I highlighted the word minimize!

I used: https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/pro...tion-kit-gloss

This covers the key areas that do wear out quickly. Heck, I paid alot for the bike, I want to make sure it makes it a few months before it gets beat to heck!
Likes For travbikeman:
Old 02-16-22, 01:51 PM
gpburdell

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked 196 Times in 130 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug64
Why would you cover a bike's paint job to protect its beauty when you can't see the beautiful paint job because of the tape?
Typically helitape / PPF is clear. I believe matte finish is available as well for those with a matte paint job.

You'd have to get right up close to see the tape on my bike's downtube
Likes For gpburdell: