Jimriides
NotaNewbie

Bikes: Cannondale FSI - Cannondale R1000 - Firestone Beach Cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Nails

My nail Tally today. All were either in the bike or car lane. Found in a one Mile strip between the Anaheim Stadium and Katella on Sunkist. Great ride except for a 20 minute Nail bonanza.
Old 02-18-23, 09:36 PM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1751 Post(s)
Liked 1,422 Times in 973 Posts
If you found all those similar looking nails in a short distance they probably fell out of a contractor's vehicle. That's just behind 'tile row' on State College Blvd, there are quite a lot of off-street multi-unit industrial buildings in that area that contractors lease to store materials. Bummer, but it happens, and I've gotten flats in similar situations myself.
Old 02-18-23, 10:06 PM
Jimriides
NotaNewbie

Bikes: Cannondale FSI - Cannondale R1000 - Firestone Beach Cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
I wonder how many got sucked up by tires. Many were like new. I kept the perfect ones. I had this size nall completely penetrate my sidewall and thru to the other side making an awful noise as it scratched my Hi- Mod Frame. First ride ever with Midnight Riders in the bowels of LA. First flat ever with my Schwalbe Marathon Supremes. The whole group stayed with me as I patched my tubes on each side. Fun but sketchy Ride from 10 pm to 2 am then after party.