Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

Any vintage British 3 speed cruiser lovers in Socal?

Notices
Southern California Southern California

Old 08-06-22, 10:45 PM
tell

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all, I have an orange 1963 3-speed Hawthorne Hercules cruiser that still has its lights and a generator (haven't tested it recently but it was working a few years ago). I have loved it and had great experiences riding it but I haven't ridden it in a few years and it's currently languishing in my yard in Los Angeles (East Hollywood/Los Feliz border). It's time to part with it and I would really like to give it to a vintage bike lover who would appreciate it, enjoy it and restore it. It's not in bad shape at all but does need new tires and probably a new chain. Please let me know if that's you! I tried to post some pics but I don't have picture or URL rights yet but happy to answer questions.
Old 08-09-22, 04:37 PM
sunburst

Bikes: Giant, Peugeots, Motobecanes, Kona, Specialized, Bike Friday, Ironhorse, Royal Scot, Schwinns

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 51 Posts
as of this week, there is a 3-speed lover in NorCal, SF Bay area. I was gifted a Royal Scot, and plan to restore. Need a rear wheel for it, as both the rim and hub have major
problems.