Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Giant TCR 2 disc SE vs Giant TCR Advanced Pro 2 disc

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-23, 03:11 AM
hsea17

Bikes: Giant SCR / Felt FR5 / Trek Emonda ALR 6 / Trek Domane AL2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts

Hi

Anyone own or have knowledge about the difference include weight on the above. I have got an offer on both bikes the SE for US 2000,- and the advanced Pro 2 US 2400,- Im looking for a bike with lowest possible weight without braking the bank and dealer says 8.84 Kg for the SE and 7.85Kg for the advanced Pro 2 but online reviews I have checked seems to indicate similar weight!

Thanks @regards
hsea17

Last edited by hsea17; 02-01-23 at 03:17 AM.
Old 02-01-23, 09:13 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6192 Post(s)
Liked 4,808 Times in 3,316 Posts
Well it'd help a lot if you gave links to Giant's description of each bike. They have TCR's in all different configuration with different tier groups or drivetrain and wheels. All of which will make a difference in weight. I didn't find the exact title of one of the bikes you said. But for the closest I found, one has a carbon wheelset.

Not every bike of the same model and same everything is going to weigh the same. How much difference there is among them I don't know. And if your were looking at review weights from others, then you have to consider the size of the frame they were on. Bigger frames of the same model will weigh more than the weight spec's the mfr may have given the weight for.

And the reviewer may have been including items like pedals, bottles, bottle cages and kit bag with tools under the saddle.

Last edited by Iride01; 02-01-23 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-01-23, 06:29 PM
hsea17

Bikes: Giant SCR / Felt FR5 / Trek Emonda ALR 6 / Trek Domane AL2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Well it'd help a lot if you gave links to Giant's description of each bike. They have TCR's in all different configuration with different tier groups or drivetrain and wheels. All of which will make a difference in weight. I didn't find the exact title of one of the bikes you said. But for the closest I found, one has a carbon wheelset.

Not every bike of the same model and same everything is going to weigh the same. How much difference there is among them I don't know. And if your were looking at review weights from others, then you have to consider the size of the frame they were on. Bigger frames of the same model will weigh more than the weight spec's the mfr may have given the weight for.

And the reviewer may have been including items like pedals, bottles, bottle cages and kit bag with tools under the saddle.
Thanks for replying. Got it. The bikes, observed just now, have also different specs from one continent to another one so I throw in the towel on this one. However and at least where Im located one is named Giant Tcr Advanced Pro 2 Disc and the second one is named Giant Tcr Advanced 2 Disc -SE.

Regards
hsea17