Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Biking, hiking and camping in Nikko national park

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-21, 03:25 AM
waddo

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 41 Posts

More for the hikers and campers than bikers, but still worth watching.

Likes For waddo:
Old 11-16-21, 06:06 AM
metalrideroz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Not sure my garbage monitor gives the full experience but even at 1080 this is quite the sight.

I don't know if you follow photography (not video) but the cameras have moved so far away from being an item used to take still photographs by trying to cram all the latest video tech in, that in some strange way your video is a reminder that, sometimes at least, the most important thing in photography is composition.

Last edited by metalrideroz; 11-16-21 at 06:10 AM.
Old 11-16-21, 06:55 AM
waddo

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 41 Posts
Actually in the old old days I studied photography and had my own (black and white) darkroom. All of my life I did photography and my first few bike tours in Japan were partly for photography. When I got my first video camera I read up on the basics of videography. It's pretty simple but it's the editing that is hard, mostly because of the audio and the voice-over with no soundproof room; and mixing/EQ is a work in progress. Also, I spend countless hours searching for the right music and trying to edit to the music so that it seems the track was actually composed for the video. Of course all these challanges means that every project is new and interesting and part of an endless learning process. With no action camera footage this one was pretty quick and easy to do and took about 30 hours to complete.

All this to say, composition is always step one even in video and as soon as you move the camera during recording there is a potential to mess up, so you need to learn how video cameras move and it is almost always preplanned.

Sorry my answers are usually long-winded!