Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Help with Model & value on my 1994 Cannondale

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-21, 01:52 PM
ehrlichx4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've had this bike for years, and not ridden it in at least 15 years. Looking to sell it myself or donate to a local bike charity/notprofit. I've determined it is most likely a 1995 according to the Year/Month indicators FL but not sure how to tell more without unscrewing the bottom to expose the rest of the numbers. Any ideas? Worth selling or just donating? Thanks for any input! Also...because I'm new the site won't let me post pictures. Open to ideas on how to share my info!
Old 12-06-21, 02:44 PM
SoccerBallXan

Bikes: Many!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 124 Posts
Post the photos of the bicycle to your BicycleForum's photo album, and other members can take them and post them in this thread.
Old 12-06-21, 02:49 PM
Gary12000 

Bikes: '71 Raleigh Inter, '98 Tommasini, '83 Trek 500, 83 Trek 720 '

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 110 Posts
welcome, sorry but its not possible to give any assistance without more detail.
you can either make 10 posts over a few days which will then allow you to post up to 10 pictures, i have seen where the usual response it to post your pictures into your profile and then some one else can post them for you.

i'm afraid you will have to do a bit more work if you want to know if you have something worth selling, its likely to be Aluminum from that era but i'm no expert on cannondales. another way to tell if something is good mid range or high end is to post details of what Groupset it has on it and perhaps what rims, so details of thosie things will give a clue. for example would be Shimano ...."something". they often have names or model numbers that all mean something.
Old 12-06-21, 03:14 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,593 Times in 3,781 Posts
Pic Assist - https://www.bikeforums.net/g/picture/23351741

Old 12-06-21, 04:32 PM
ehrlichx4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary12000
welcome, sorry but its not possible to give any assistance without more detail.
you can either make 10 posts over a few days which will then allow you to post up to 10 pictures, i have seen where the usual response it to post your pictures into your profile and then some one else can post them for you.

i'm afraid you will have to do a bit more work if you want to know if you have something worth selling, its likely to be Aluminum from that era but i'm no expert on cannondales. another way to tell if something is good mid range or high end is to post details of what Groupset it has on it and perhaps what rims, so details of thosie things will give a clue. for example would be Shimano ...."something". they often have names or model numbers that all mean something.
THANK YOU! I believe the forum moderator was nice enough to post the pictures! The bike was pretty high quality when I rode in the "good old days!" The bike does have a Shimano XTR derailer and Deore LX shifters. Clipless pedals, mavic M231 ,26" rims, and a rock Shox front shock. I really think the value would be in the frame, and wondering if the "vintage" level of this adds some value or not. THANK YOU!

Last edited by ehrlichx4; 12-06-21 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-06-21, 06:09 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,593 Times in 3,781 Posts
It is always best to post a picture of the full bike from the drive side of the bike.

Old 12-07-21, 09:38 AM
bargainguy

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 310 Times in 191 Posts
Per the serial number F, looks like a '94:

https://vintagecannondale.com/year/1994/1994.pdf

...and could possibly be an M800 (p. 14 of the pdf).

Note that the suspension fork is not original, as all the C-dale MTBs from that year had rigid forks.
Old 12-07-21, 06:40 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Too bad you don't have the rigid fork, that would improve value somewhat. Its a 27 year old front suspension 26'r MTB. The MTB world has moved on, so its best outlet is as a recreational bike (low value). Rigid forks make better recreational bikes due to fork aging/maintenance.

Worth selling? Depends on your market and the value you put on your time. Not going to be very valuable in most markets. Myself, I tend to look for the older stuff, mid 1980s, with rigid frame, thumb shifters, and so on. In my market I would donate it. Hopefully your market is better.

Last edited by wrk101; 12-07-21 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-12-21, 06:20 PM
Clang

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 2,255 Times in 1,311 Posts
I'd rather have a Cannondale with a Rock Shox Judy SL ('95-'96 colors) than one with their proprietary Head Shoks. This is not a bike that screams donate. I never see Cannondales go for cheap, especially the higher-end ones. To me this should be listed at $200-$250. Make sure to take pics from the other side and closeups of any XTR bits. There's plenty of upgrades like the polished Kore stem, V-brakes, suspension seatpost, etc