Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

iGPSPORT iGS630

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-23, 08:38 PM
microcord

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 52 Posts
iGPSPORT iGS630

My only experience of "head units" was short and unpleasant. I bought a Garmin 810 (I think it was) new, and back when it was hot stuff. It had trouble finding a satellite. It kept imagining that I was going off the route, and beeping at me to tell me of this. It did an excellent job of reflecting the sky at me. Battery life was unimpressive. I soon got thoroughly sick of the damn thing and gave it to a friend on condition that he wasn't to ask me anything about it. But lack of something like it has meant that I've been very unenterprising; so recently I've been starting to think of buying a replacement.

I heard of the iGPSPORT iGS630 from Peak Torque's video review:

Its price is palatable. This and other reviews suggest that battery life is unusually good. The only minus I notice in reviews is that the rubber bands supplied as mounts aren't satisfactory; but it takes a standard push-and-revolve mount that of course can be bought separately. OTOH I know so little about this kind of device that I might not notice mention/hint of actual or potential shortcomings.

I'd use the device to show (or tell?) me how to follow routes made in Ride with GPS. I don't even need it for tracking (which my phone does well enough). I neither possess nor want a cadence meter, power meter or heart rate monitor. Any reason to choose an alternative to the iGPSPORT iGS630?
Old 01-09-23, 07:19 AM
will be was

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 14 Posts
I don't have the latest IGS630 but I have the IGS620 and IGS520, very happy with performance quality and pricing.
Only reason I'll buy the IGS630 is that, it can be connected to radar

Last edited by will be was; 01-09-23 at 07:23 AM.
Likes For will be was: