Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Missing pics/video - only on some posts

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-22, 02:30 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked 3,736 Times in 1,835 Posts

Most photos and videos show but not all?
In general the forum site works great for me, but I have a recurring problem where i will open a thread and the picture or video everyone is commenting is not there, just missing/blank. Here is the most recent example:
https://www.bikeforums.net/winter-cy...-snowplow.html
This is what I see on that page:

Any thoughts on what is going on? I have tried to look up my browser settings and make sure there is nothing strange. No weird extensions or anything. 85-90% of the content is usually there, just these weird exceptions.
Anther good example would be the "post your favorite christmas song" there are lots of blank posts for me on that one? But, I can access the videos on many of the posts?

To be clear, I do not believe the issue has to do with broken or missing links, as usually others seem to be able to see them.
Old 12-22-22, 05:28 AM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 1444 Post(s)
Liked 1,392 Times in 760 Posts
Thanks for the link to the cool video.

As to what your problem might be, I have few ideas. Do you have ad or tracker blockers running on your computer or network? If so, can you momentarily disable them to see if that fixes things? It's possible they are blocking an image or video link from time-to-time. For instance, I use Brave (which has built-in ad blocking), run pihole on a Raspberry Pi (again, ad blocking), and (on my phone) use DuckDuckGo's tracker blocker VPN. Maybe try a different web browser?
Old 12-22-22, 10:37 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,808 Times in 3,316 Posts
Originally Posted by SoCaled
To be clear, I do not believe the issue has to do with broken or missing links, as usually others seem to be able to see them.
Up in the URL line of your browser there might be some icons that you can click on to see if something like cookies are being blocked or other security settings you've chosen are blocking things.

Video on that page works for me. Take a few moments to start on my slow PC. Maybe yours is even slower!
Old 12-26-22, 04:43 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18410 Post(s)
Liked 15,530 Times in 7,326 Posts
Are you posting at work, where you can’t access something like Facebook and/or YouTube? I have experienced the same as you in the Addiction thread. IIRC, the photos were somehow tied to Facebook, which is blocked by my employer.

Last edited by indyfabz; 12-26-22 at 04:48 AM.