Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Apollo Vintage Bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-23, 02:08 PM
Rfonseca714

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Apollo Vintage Bike

Hello, I'm trying to get information on my Vintage Apollo Bike. can someone help me with the model and year and maybe what's the value , it is for sale for someone who is interested.

Last edited by Rfonseca714; 01-23-23 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-23-23, 02:11 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,593 Times in 3,781 Posts
Pic Assist - https://www.bikeforums.net/g/picture/27972342

Thread moved from General to Classic & Vintage Appraisals.

Last edited by cb400bill; 01-23-23 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-23-23, 04:16 PM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Rough condition. I see very little value personally. Here is some more info: (link is broken) The info came from Re**it and it refuses to allow the URL to copy properly for some reason. Hmmmm. Never saw that before.

But the consensus is it is probably somewhere around 1980 vintage despite the cottered cranks which would ordinarily point to it being older.

The thing is it would take a lot of elbow grease and likely some consumables in order to get it running again. And at that point you will likely be upside down as it pertains to value.

There are many competing brands both from back then, earlier and current. Many much nicer.

Interesting that there is still an Apollo folding bike made that is a modern take on the bike you own. There's even electric models apparently.

Last edited by TugaDude; 01-23-23 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-24-23, 10:04 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Donation fodder where I live. Not worth the time and trouble to sell. Folders get little interest generally, and this one is in poor condition. The consumables to refurbish the bike would exceed the value of the finished project.

In the consumer branded vintage folder market, the Raleigh Twenty had some value, the other brands, not so much.

No location in the OP's provide, so perhaps his market is better.
Old 02-05-23, 06:30 PM
rickpaulos

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 150 Times in 89 Posts
My local bike coop has a couple similar folders from the 1960s/1970s that have been sitting for a few years. Both in rough shape. Nearly no interest. Sold one for a bargain price of $20 and the buyer re-donated it untouched after a year of looking at it. Many of these need more in parts than they are worth. I see a number of them in use at large outdoor swap meets. Most are in ride able condition.

Apollo (Greek God) has been used by at least 4 bike companies. A 2000+ year old name difficult to trademark or copy-ritet so it keeps getting recycled. I have a Made in England Apollo 3 speed 'racer' and an Apollo mountain bike. There was a flashy Apollo muscle bike. And I've seen other folders like yours.