Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Workman 3 speed folder weight

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Old 02-25-23, 06:25 PM
jdogg111

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 31 Posts

Hi, anyone familiar with workman 3 speed folders? Any good ? How much do they weigh? I like the idea of built in America, plus the 479 price seems ok, tho I'd like a bit cheaper. Thanks
Old 03-09-23, 03:05 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked 1,000 Times in 654 Posts
Worksman is a builder of good ol' steel bikes. They are built to last, however, they are not lightweight. I see they have an option for aluminum wheels for $44. That would get the weight going in the right direction.

That hinge design is dated design. They work, however, if you are looking at a lower cost bike you may want to look at a Dahon too. Downtube has a bike that going for $479 with all the lightweight stuff already. If it is any help, both Dahon and Downtube started in the US and have thier bikes made overseas now. I like Worksman, my only concern is that hinge and if you are looking for something lighter there are others choices.

You could call up Worksman to get the weight and more specifics. They are still made in the United States. Much of their manufacturing and assembly has moved to South Carolina, but they are still headquartered in Queens, NY.