Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

thoughts on Eurobike XC7000?

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 04-10-21, 11:28 AM
motopokep
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Looking to get my first road bike, want it to be aluminum.

Eurobike XC7000 is a cheaper Chinese version of high end road bikes, Specialized's Allez Sprint and Venge Pro have that look, but cost in the thousands. This one is only about $500. Weighs a lot though, 28 lbs, but I hope to drop weight with better wheels. I absolutely love the looks of it. anyone have it? anything bad about it? I

Last edited by motopokep; 06-13-21 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-10-21, 06:30 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4322 Post(s)
Liked 3,943 Times in 2,636 Posts
It looks like a pretty terrible bike. It is certainly better looking than most Walmart type bikes but I wouldn't spend money on it but if you just want a bike that looks kind of like a road bike and performs like a potato, this is the perfect candidate.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 04-10-21, 06:55 PM
motopokep
Banned

Originally Posted by veganbikes
It looks like a pretty terrible bike. It is certainly better looking than most Walmart type bikes but I wouldn't spend money on it but if you just want a bike that looks kind of like a road bike and performs like a potato, this is the perfect candidate.
Have you ridden it? If not, how would you know that it's a "terrible bike" and "performs like a potato"?
Likes For motopokep:
Old 04-10-21, 07:12 PM
znomit
Zoom zoom zoom zoom bonk

Bikes: Giant Defy, Trek 1.7c, BMC GF02, Fuji Tahoe, Scott Sub 35, Kona Rove, Trek Verve+2

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked 722 Times in 366 Posts
Originally Posted by motopokep
Have you ridden it? If not, how would you know that it's a "terrible bike" and "performs like a potato"?
If the major drawcard is it will look great parked in your garage next to your motorcycle then how can anyone argue?
Please let us know how you get on.
Old 04-10-21, 07:18 PM
Bigbus
Very Senior Member

Bikes: Giant Quasar & Fuji Roubaix

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 343 Times in 244 Posts
There are lots of Utube vids with comments and reviews on the parts that comprise these bikes-you won't like what they say. But if it's all about looking good, go for it. If you can do your own tuning and repairs, so much the better. Good luck, and I don't mean that in a snarky way. You might actually get on with the bike and at least your son likes it already which is a plus.
I feel I should add-quality used bikes will give you much more bang for your buck-the key word here being 'quality'.
Old 04-10-21, 07:18 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Looking at the parts on it, the place it is being sold (not a bike shop or a proper bike seller) plus the price. It is all no-name components and Shimano Tourney which is the lowest end of any of Shimano's group sets. Having seen these bikes often at the shop and seeing how they work or frequently don't work that is why I said what I said.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 04-10-21, 07:23 PM
Bigbus
Very Senior Member

Bikes: Giant Quasar & Fuji Roubaix

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 343 Times in 244 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Looking at the parts on it, the place it is being sold (not a bike shop or a proper bike seller) plus the price. It is all no-name components and Shimano Tourney which is the lowest end of any of Shimano's group sets. Having seen these bikes often at the shop and seeing how they work or frequently don't work that is why I said what I said.
Well said 'Clark'. You should have added that it's the only Shimano part on the bike and that is so they can use the name in their advertising.
Likes For Bigbus:
Old 04-10-21, 08:39 PM
motopokep
Banned

Last edited by motopokep; 04-13-21 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-10-21, 08:49 PM
motopokep
Banned

Last edited by motopokep; 04-13-21 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-10-21, 08:53 PM
znomit
Zoom zoom zoom zoom bonk

Bikes: Giant Defy, Trek 1.7c, BMC GF02, Fuji Tahoe, Scott Sub 35, Kona Rove, Trek Verve+2

That's great for you wanting a project bike and all, but I wouldn't inflict one of these on your friends and family.

Actually, I do have a couple of family members who deserve one of these....
Old 04-10-21, 09:22 PM
motopokep
Banned

Last edited by motopokep; 04-13-21 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-11-21, 12:02 AM
sw20

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
It seems this thread is somewhat simular to your last thread, you've basically made up your mind but want people here to talk you out of it, but am not willing to listen to advice and suggestions and will counter any advice given. Just buy the bike as that's what you're gonna do anyway regardless of what anyone says.
Likes For sw20:
Old 04-11-21, 01:55 AM
rivers

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 79 Posts
GCN did a video on this bike recently. Not worth the money. They do give some advice on where to go if you're on a budget
Likes For rivers:
Old 04-11-21, 09:11 AM
motopokep
Banned

Originally Posted by rivers
GCN did a video on this bike recently. Not worth the money. They do give some advice on where to go if you're on a budget
Nope, seen that before, that's a lower-end model XC550 model steel frame, very heavy, around 34lbs. This thread is about the XC7000 aluminum that weighs 28 lbs and looks a lot different. I think the XC550 is a good first road bike for the casual rider on a budget looking to commute or get into shape, or just have some fun on a good looking bike.

Last edited by motopokep; 04-11-21 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-11-21, 09:18 AM
motopokep
Banned

Last edited by motopokep; 04-13-21 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-11-21, 05:51 PM
Elvo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 206 Posts
If you are new to cycling you should try local bikes that fit - not fake bikes from China. Don't forget about the customs duties and handling fees as well.
Old 04-11-21, 06:50 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

here's their CF version. it's about $1,000 and weighs 21lbs. As attractive as that may sound, I'm not willing to put my safety on the line with CF

That's the same bike with the same low quality components if they are charging 1k for that even if Carbon fiber they are ripping you off.

You want a quality road bike with decent parts that will last a while, take a look at this:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/al...ext=90021-4044
If you are looking to save money get a hybrid:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/si...ext=90920-7700

Both will look great but if you are trying to save a hybrid will save you a lot of money over a hybrid.
Old 04-11-21, 07:39 PM
Reflector Guy

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 588 Posts
I absolutely love the looks of it, so does my son. It has to be this color....
How much of its looks are because of the overabundance of graphics? You could probably come out ahead by buying a more-modest looking bike of better quality, and then slap on a whole sheet of vinyl stickers which are plentiful on Ebay.
Old 04-11-21, 11:05 PM
Aerzon

Bikes: Raleigh Mojave 4.0, Panasonic DX1000

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
If you're willing and able to do your own work, or even just willing and able to learn to do your own work: Buy good quality, used bikes. Plenty of them out there in all kinds of different colors, styles, quality etc.

A used bike from any reputable manufacturer will be many times better than that bike, even if you go into the vintage market.
Likes For Aerzon:
Old 04-12-21, 02:04 AM
rivers

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 79 Posts
Nope, seen that before, that's a lower-end model XC550 model steel frame, very heavy, around 34lbs. This thread is about the XC7000 aluminum that weighs 28 lbs and looks a lot different. I think the XC550 is a good first road bike for the casual rider on a budget looking to commute or get into shape, or just have some fun on a good looking bike.
And you know what, it's still not even a halfway decent bike. It is a BSO (bike shaped object). If you have a limited budget, buy used. You will get far more bang for your buck, Who the hell cares if your bicycle matches your motorbike?
Old 04-12-21, 03:34 AM
znomit
Zoom zoom zoom zoom bonk

Originally Posted by rivers
Who the hell cares if your bicycle matches your motorbike?
Everyone at the bicycle/motorcycle cafe.

Old 04-12-21, 07:56 AM
MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 10142 Post(s)
Liked 5,831 Times in 3,139 Posts
Goodness, such decals! You don't see 36-spoke deep-section rims every day.
Likes For MoAlpha:
Old 04-12-21, 09:09 AM
motopokep
Banned

Last edited by motopokep; 04-13-21 at 11:34 AM.
Likes For motopokep:
Old 04-12-21, 09:22 AM
Reflector Guy

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 588 Posts
Have you seen the one with the three-spoke mag wheels? Might want to keep that one in consideration also.
Old 04-12-21, 09:36 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10943 Post(s)
Liked 7,469 Times in 4,179 Posts
I'm not buying this bike so it can match my white motorcycle so I can stare at both next to each other in my garage. I like the looks of it, it reminds me of my white motorcycle. Since I'm buying 3 of these, the price is a major deciding factor. I don't want to buy used. There are no new top quality bikes that look like this one for this price. I also really like this look. Those are not decals, the bike is painted that way (except the wheels). Wheels are crap. I'm buying this bike as a project, mostly for the frame, seat post and color scheme. Before riding it, I'll upgrade rims/tires, seat, and possibly brake calipers and derailleurs. I don't go to bike cafes (motor or cycle) and sit there shooting the crap about how this or that bike looks good and who is wearing the coolest spandex outfit. I don't ride in a group either. I'm buying 3 of these bikes today from the manufacturer in China. They've been sold out in the US for a while.
Just buy the bikes then. Why continue to argue here?

But if you want to keep justifying...if you are going to upgrade the wheels, tires, saddle, brake calipers, and both derailleurs- why even buy the bike? It really is just a low end frame, fork, and handlebar at that point.
Just buy a few BrandX framesets from CRC and have the frames powdercoated or the framesets painted. You wont have that 'cool' chunky seatpost style, and instead will have an easily serviceable round seat post.

If you are into appearance more than usability, it makes sense to buy the bike you want. If you are into cycling, it makes sense to buy a quality bike even if it doesnt fit an arbitrary look.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.