Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

2005 Trek Pilot 5.9

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

2005 Trek Pilot 5.9

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-21, 10:34 AM
kidadam

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
2005 Trek Pilot 5.9

Hey,

I'm looking for an affordable light weight road bike to add to the collection of bikes.

I came across this pilot 5.9 which I know very little about other than it's the type of bike I'm looking for around that price. This price does seem high however (CAD).

Gone is the Dura Ace replaced with a newer Ultegra (and 105) - is that something I should be wary of or is it an improvement?

Any thoughts on the the pilot 5.9? Any suggestions for light weight semi comfy road bike?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-road-bike/ci...7398?undefined

Last edited by kidadam; 05-08-21 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-08-21, 02:21 PM
kidadam

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis
Does seem a bit high in price $1400 for a 2005.

Bought a brand new 5.2 in 2005 for $2000 with full Ultegra. Reg price $2,899 but bought new in 2006.

Honestly, I would not pay over $800 "that's being nice" seeing it is a Frankenbike at this point. The rims lasted 12,000 miles then cracked around the nips in a few places. Might want to check that as well. If you buy it, might need new wheels in the near future. That year Bontrager rims were known to crack around the eyelets.

Very comfy upright position, relaxed geometry labeled more of an upright comfort bike but it is fast as well.
That was exactly what I was thinking. I almost would prefer original given the use I intend. 50k to 80k on the same old circuit.