Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

CarbonSpeedCycle (CSC) 29er & 27.5 carbon frames - $100

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Old 05-20-20, 12:11 PM
NatusEstInSuht

Bikes: 1970's Piasentin Super Vitus 971, 1979 Carlton Professional, 2005 Trek 5000, 2011 Niner EMD, 2018 Argon 18 XRoad, 1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 55 Posts

EDIT: It appears the $100 price was an error on Carbon Speed Cycle's part and the company has issued a PayPal refund without me even requesting it. Honest mistakes happen and the company acted honourably.

Mods: Please delete if not appropriate. I just saw the deal and wanted to let people know. Thanks.

Not sure if this is a misprint, but CSC is selling its carbon 29er and 27.5 cross country frames for only $100, including shipping, through the company's website.

https://www.carbonspeedcycle.com/201...-frameset.html

Last edited by NatusEstInSuht; 05-27-20 at 02:33 AM.
Old 05-21-20, 08:24 AM
qclabrat

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 63 Posts
link looks dead, I'm thinking this was a bogus site
Hope no one here got scammed
I don't think CSC was selling direct and was a Aliexpress merchant
Old 05-21-20, 12:07 PM
NatusEstInSuht

Bikes: 1970's Piasentin Super Vitus 971, 1979 Carlton Professional, 2005 Trek 5000, 2011 Niner EMD, 2018 Argon 18 XRoad, 1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion

Originally Posted by qclabrat
link looks dead, I'm thinking this was a bogus site
Hope no one here got scammed
I don't think CSC was selling direct and was a Aliexpress merchant
The site's back and running again and it's 100% legit. I've ordered a set of wheels from CSC, using this webpage before. Zero issues and payment is through PayPal.

Last edited by NatusEstInSuht; 05-21-20 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-21-20, 12:41 PM
qclabrat

Originally Posted by NatusEstInSuht
The site's back and running again and it's 100% legit. I've ordered a set of carbon wheels from CSC, using this webpage before. Zero issues and payment is through PayPal.
okay, I gave it a shot, I have lots of extra parts laying around and won't even need to buy anything else. I used Paypal so they'll watch out for me. Oddly there is no email confirming my order after 5 mins.
Old 05-21-20, 12:46 PM
NatusEstInSuht

okay, I gave it a shot, I have lots of extra parts laying around and won't even need to buy anything else. I used Paypal so they'll watch out for me. Oddly there is no email confirming my order after 5 mins.
Last time I ordered from CSC, they sent me the confirmation email once they had the tracking information and the order was ready to be shipped. It took around five days.

When you check out, there an order number on the screen. Did you note this down?
Old 05-21-20, 12:49 PM
qclabrat

Last time I ordered from CSC, they sent me the confirmation email once they had the tracking information and the order was ready to be shipped. It took around five days.

When you check out, this an order number on the screen. Did you note this down?
I usually do but with poor multi tasking, closed the window in error before jotting it down. It was $100 with no shipping charge so I'm still a bit skeptical
Time will tell, I'll update along the way
Likes For qclabrat:
Old 05-21-20, 12:54 PM
NatusEstInSuht

I usually do but with poor multi tasking, closed the window in error before jotting it down. It was $100 with no shipping charge so I'm still a bit skeptical
Time will tell, I'll update along the way
I'm pretty sure the frames are not meant to be this low in price, but let's see what happens. If they ship it, I'm going to be happy. If they cancel the order due to a pricing error, I won't lose any sleep. Either way, we're covered by PayPal.
Old 05-21-20, 01:01 PM
qclabrat

I'm pretty sure the frames are not meant to be this low in price, but let's see what happens. If they ship it, I'm going to be happy. If they cancel the order due to a pricing error, I won't lose any sleep. Either way, we're covered by PayPal.
I hear you, stuck at home monitoring till baseball restarts...
I found it odd that they mention choice of either dropout but prior to check out not able to choose. Also there were wheels going for 105 and when you select it, the choices were like a bike. Yeah, I'm not going to sweat it either way.
Did you also get the medium 29er?
Old 05-21-20, 01:14 PM
NatusEstInSuht

I hear you, stuck at home monitoring till baseball restarts...
I found it odd that they mention choice of either dropout but prior to check out not able to choose. Also there were wheels going for 105 and when you select it, the choices were like a bike. Yeah, I'm not going to sweat it either way.
Did you also get the medium 29er?
It will come with two sets of rear hangers. One for a 135mm quick release hub and the other for a 142mm thru-axle hub.
From the website... Package include (sic) : Frame +Clamp +Headset+Rear Hangers + thru-alex (sic)

I decided to get a medium 27.5 as I already have a cross country 29er.

I recently picked up a complete Shimano Sora groupset, FSA crankset and drop handlebars, and a Promax Decode R disc brake set for the princely sum of $140 CAD, so I'm planning to build a monster cross style bike. Once (if) the frame ships, I'll look for a suitable and inexpensive 27.5 or 650b wheelset and get the other bits and bobs after the frame arrives.
Old 05-26-20, 07:59 AM
qclabrat

It will come with two sets of rear hangers. One for a 135mm quick release hub and the other for a 142mm thru-axle hub.
From the website... Package include (sic) : Frame +Clamp +Headset+Rear Hangers + thru-alex (sic)

I decided to get a medium 27.5 as I already have a cross country 29er.

I recently picked up a complete Shimano Sora groupset, FSA crankset and drop handlebars, and a Promax Decode R disc brake set for the princely sum of $140 CAD, so I'm planning to build a monster cross style bike. Once (if) the frame ships, I'll look for a suitable and inexpensive 27.5 or 650b wheelset and get the other bits and bobs after the frame arrives.
Have you received any communications from the merchant? I haven't and just sent a message to them from their website. If I don't hear back by end of week, I'll likely contest the charge with PP.
Old 05-26-20, 06:47 PM
seat_boy

Bikes: Serial bike flipper

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 72 Posts
I ordered, but not a peep so far. Paypal has a 180 day limit for buyer protection, so there's some time here.
Old 05-27-20, 02:19 AM
NatusEstInSuht

Have you received any communications from the merchant? I haven't and just sent a message to them from their website. If I don't hear back by end of week, I'll likely contest the charge with PP.
Originally Posted by seat_boy
I ordered, but not a peep so far. Paypal has a 180 day limit for buyer protection, so there's some time here.
I received an email this evening from PayPal informing me that CSC has refunded my money. I did not ask for a refund, so I guess the $100 price was a mistake on their part.

Oh well... Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Old 05-27-20, 05:15 AM
seat_boy

Bikes: Serial bike flipper

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 72 Posts
Same refund here. Dang, I was looking forward to this build.
Likes For seat_boy:
Old 05-27-20, 06:55 AM
qclabrat

I received an email this evening from PayPal informing me that CSC has refunded my money. I did not ask for a refund, so I guess the $100 price was a mistake on their part.

Oh well... Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
same refund, but odd that they didn't fix the price on the link
thanks for the short excitement for all who played along, back to building my fatbike wheels....
Likes For qclabrat: