Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

Perfect Redneck gift

Notices
Foo Light hearted off-topic chit chat with no general subject.

Perfect Redneck gift

Old 01-28-22, 12:59 PM
  #1  
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life
Thread Starter
 
Hondo Gravel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Hondo,Texas
Posts: 2,112

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2798 Post(s)
Liked 2,974 Times in 1,933 Posts
Perfect Redneck gift

Birthday is a week away but I got this early gift Now some cold beer with a fire with some color lol. I will post a picture when I light these things.


Cool !!!
Hondo Gravel is online now  
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 01-28-22, 01:09 PM
  #2  
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert
 
noisebeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AZ
Posts: 15,030

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5343 Post(s)
Liked 2,164 Times in 1,286 Posts
  1. Potassium chloride: Makes a purple flame.
  2. Magnesium sulfate: Makes a white flame.
  3. Strontium chloride: Makes a red flame.
  4. Copper chloride: Makes a blue flame.
  5. Lithium chloride: Makes a pink flame.
  6. Copper sulfate: Makes a green flame.
  7. Sodium chloride: Makes an orange flame.
noisebeam is offline  
Likes For noisebeam:
Old 01-28-22, 05:12 PM
  #3  
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel
 
RubeRad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,849

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 2,063 Times in 1,500 Posts
My first glance I thought it said ULTIMATE LAMES

Good description of Foo
RubeRad is offline  
Likes For RubeRad:
Old 01-28-22, 05:14 PM
  #4  
ahsposo 
Loaded Little Member
 
ahsposo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Third Grade
Posts: 7,150

Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5708 Post(s)
Liked 3,635 Times in 2,116 Posts
Now, if - when you burn those "logs" - you do something stupidly dangerous like having a pile of fireworks close by, that would be redneck perfect.

Be sure to get some video.
ahsposo is offline  
Likes For ahsposo:
Old 01-28-22, 05:19 PM
  #5  
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel
 
RubeRad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,849

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 2,063 Times in 1,500 Posts
Could be good for a transgender reveal party

What does orange mean?
RubeRad is offline  
Likes For RubeRad:
Old 01-28-22, 05:25 PM
  #6  
Zinger
Trek 500 Kid
 
Zinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 2,564

Bikes: '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2690 Post(s)
Liked 247 Times in 198 Posts


If the ground is shakin' and exhaust flames green, they must be runnin' that Hydrazine.
Zinger is offline  
Likes For Zinger:
Old 01-28-22, 05:30 PM
  #7  
mtnbud
Senior Member
 
mtnbud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Salem Oregon
Posts: 856

Bikes: 2019 Trek Stash 7, 1994 Specialized Epic 1986 Diamondback Ascent 1996 Klein Pulse Comp, 2006 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 190 Times in 120 Posts
I just watched a demo on YouTube. They looked pretty freakin' cool. Be careful not to drink too many beers when you try these. You don't want to trip out...

I think you got the family size pack. Based on what I saw, you probably got a year worth supply.

Happy early birthday btw.
mtnbud is offline  
Likes For mtnbud:
Old 01-28-22, 06:34 PM
  #8  
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life
Thread Starter
 
Hondo Gravel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Hondo,Texas
Posts: 2,112

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2798 Post(s)
Liked 2,974 Times in 1,933 Posts
Originally Posted by noisebeam View Post
  1. Potassium chloride: Makes a purple flame.
  2. Magnesium sulfate: Makes a white flame.
  3. Strontium chloride: Makes a red flame.
  4. Copper chloride: Makes a blue flame.
  5. Lithium chloride: Makes a pink flame.
  6. Copper sulfate: Makes a green flame.
  7. Sodium chloride: Makes an orange flame.
My dear old mom that has a Masters in Chemistry confirmed you are correct lol. I had to make sure in the era of Q anon lol.
Hondo Gravel is online now  
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 01-28-22, 06:50 PM
  #9  
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert
 
noisebeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AZ
Posts: 15,030

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5343 Post(s)
Liked 2,164 Times in 1,286 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
My dear old mom that has a Masters in Chemistry confirmed you are correct lol. I had to make sure in the era of Q anon lol.
While I cut and pasted it from the web, the content is fresh in my mind as my son has been making metal salt solutions to soak into paper and dry which we then burn over flame for the colours.
noisebeam is offline  
Likes For noisebeam:
Old 01-28-22, 08:16 PM
  #10  
Siu Blue Wind
Homey
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,405
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2270 Post(s)
Liked 1,029 Times in 662 Posts
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Now, if - when you burn those "logs" - you do something stupidly dangerous like having a pile of fireworks close by, that would be redneck perfect.

Be sure to get some video.
OMG when we were kids, we'd go around on Christmas Eve onto peoples roofs and put a pack of firecrackers down the chimney and into the fire. Till this day I feel so guilty about that.
__________________
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline  
Old 01-28-22, 09:08 PM
  #11  
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ,location, location
Posts: 9,751

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2808 Post(s)
Liked 1,967 Times in 1,305 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
My dear old mom that has a Masters in Chemistry confirmed you are correct lol. I had to make sure in the era of Q anon lol.
Your mother could be a lizard person as well. She probably voted for Biden like 100 times and is probably still stuffing the ballot box for him. They don't give up they keep stealing the election for the whole of last year they stole the election and they are still doing it this year. If Barack Obama was a real democrat why did he shoot JFK in the grassy knoll on 9/11?

The Democrats are trying to change the color of our fire to blue, there is no actual blue flames it is the lizard people of Hollywood.
veganbikes is offline  
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 01-28-22, 09:43 PM
  #12  
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life
Thread Starter
 
Hondo Gravel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Hondo,Texas
Posts: 2,112

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2798 Post(s)
Liked 2,974 Times in 1,933 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes View Post
Your mother could be a lizard person as well. She probably voted for Biden like 100 times and is probably still stuffing the ballot box for him. They don't give up they keep stealing the election for the whole of last year they stole the election and they are still doing it this year. If Barack Obama was a real democrat why did he shoot JFK in the grassy knoll on 9/11?

The Democrats are trying to change the color of our fire to blue, there is no actual blue flames it is the lizard people of Hollywood.
We are fascist pigs and Satanists. Colors mean nothing unless it is black. Chemistry is absolute doesnít discriminate it is what it is. Even in the cosmos.
Hondo Gravel is online now  
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 01-28-22, 10:04 PM
  #13  
Seattle Forrest
Senior Member
 
Seattle Forrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 22,709
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17098 Post(s)
Liked 9,008 Times in 5,057 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
OMG when we were kids, we'd go around on Christmas Eve onto peoples roofs and put a pack of firecrackers down the chimney and into the fire. Till this day I feel so guilty about that.
Seattle Forrest is offline  
Old 01-29-22, 09:10 AM
  #14  
dedhed
SE Wis
 
dedhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 8,837

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2056 Post(s)
Liked 1,999 Times in 1,243 Posts
A real redneck just makes one out of copper tube an vinyl hose.

dedhed is offline  
Likes For dedhed:
Old 01-29-22, 06:18 PM
  #15  
Zinger
Trek 500 Kid
 
Zinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 2,564

Bikes: '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2690 Post(s)
Liked 247 Times in 198 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
OMG when we were kids, we'd go around on Christmas Eve onto peoples roofs and put a pack of firecrackers down the chimney and into the fire. Till this day I feel so guilty about that.
We shot Roman candles at each other through 6 to 8 ft long tubes of PVC. One landed in the back of a 64 Chevy with the windows rolled down and burned it completely up. After that the North Side of Amarillo was Police occupied territory around the 4th of july.

I believe that qualifies as Redneck pastime and in proper Geographic location..
Zinger is offline  
Old 01-29-22, 06:38 PM
  #16  
Zinger
Trek 500 Kid
 
Zinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 2,564

Bikes: '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2690 Post(s)
Liked 247 Times in 198 Posts


Here's Catfish Cooley with some Redneck Deer hunting tips for those miniature East Texas Whitetail.

Not to be confused with the Dears that the Sailors hunt in the bars out in National city California.

And be vewy vewy quiet.
Zinger is offline  
Likes For Zinger:
Old 01-30-22, 11:28 AM
  #17  
Siu Blue Wind
Homey
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,405
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2270 Post(s)
Liked 1,029 Times in 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Zinger View Post
We shot Roman candles at each other through 6 to 8 ft long tubes of PVC. One landed in the back of a 64 Chevy with the windows rolled down and burned it completely up. After that the North Side of Amarillo was Police occupied territory around the 4th of july.

I believe that qualifies as Redneck pastime and in proper Geographic location..
Okay that's worse than me. That's horrible!! LOL
__________________
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline  
Old 01-31-22, 09:41 PM
  #18  
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life
Thread Starter
 
Hondo Gravel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Hondo,Texas
Posts: 2,112

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2798 Post(s)
Liked 2,974 Times in 1,933 Posts
I remember bottle rocket wars in the late 1970s dang we were friking stupid luckily those rockets were all over the place and no one lost an eye or an ear. Cheap bottle rockets got banned here years ago.
Hondo Gravel is online now  
Old 02-01-22, 10:15 AM
  #19  
skidder
Bipsycorider
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,424

Bikes: Why yes, I do have a few! Thank you for asking!

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked 561 Times in 389 Posts
Didn't anyone make a tennis ball cannon out of 'tin' cans? You made them with old food cans that had seams at both ends, put lighter fluid in the bottom. drop in a tennis ball and touch a match to the small hole in the bottom to ignite. This video's cannon doesn't seem to launch the balls as far as I remember; we could get them to go the length of a football field.




skidder is offline  
Likes For skidder:
Old 02-01-22, 10:23 AM
  #20  
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life
Thread Starter
 
Hondo Gravel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Hondo,Texas
Posts: 2,112

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2798 Post(s)
Liked 2,974 Times in 1,933 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder View Post
Didn't anyone make a tennis ball cannon out of 'tin' cans? You made them with old food cans that had seams at both ends, put lighter fluid in the bottom. drop in a tennis ball and touch a match to the small hole in the bottom to ignite. This video's cannon doesn't seem to launch the balls as far as I remember; we could get them to go the length of a football field.

Tennis Ball CANNON from Soup Cans - YouTube
The redneck Aqua Net potato gun made out of PVC. Similar to the tennis ball cannon we would shoot it at JoJo all the time. That hairspray is dangerous!
Hondo Gravel is online now  
Old 02-01-22, 10:48 AM
  #21  
curbtender
Senior Member
 
curbtender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SF Bay Area, East bay
Posts: 7,356

Bikes: Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Schwinn Speedster, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, MB3

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1150 Post(s)
Liked 986 Times in 592 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
I remember bottle rocket wars in the late 1970s dang we were friking stupid luckily those rockets were all over the place and no one lost an eye or an ear. Cheap bottle rockets got banned here years ago.
We used vuvuzelas to shoot them. The battles did get out of hand, lol. All good until a guy lit up a neighbors palm tree.
curbtender is offline  
Likes For curbtender:
Old 02-01-22, 11:32 AM
  #22  
ahsposo 
Loaded Little Member
 
ahsposo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Third Grade
Posts: 7,150

Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5708 Post(s)
Liked 3,635 Times in 2,116 Posts
We just went at it with hand held roman candles and thrown M80's.

My favorite bomb though, was a pint glass jar with a handful of pool chlorine and a few ounces of turpentine. Tightly seal, shake well and throw or place and run.
ahsposo is offline  
Old 02-01-22, 11:44 AM
  #23  
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert
 
noisebeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AZ
Posts: 15,030

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5343 Post(s)
Liked 2,164 Times in 1,286 Posts
New years morning 2003



noisebeam is offline  
Likes For noisebeam:
Old 02-01-22, 11:45 AM
  #24  
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life
Thread Starter
 
Hondo Gravel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Hondo,Texas
Posts: 2,112

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2798 Post(s)
Liked 2,974 Times in 1,933 Posts
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
We just went at it with hand held roman candles and thrown M80's.

My favorite bomb though, was a pint glass jar with a handful of pool chlorine and a few ounces of turpentine. Tightly seal, shake well and throw or place and run.
Dang Ahsposo that is a bit hardcore. bottle rockets is C league.
Hondo Gravel is online now  
Old 02-01-22, 11:53 AM
  #25  
ahsposo 
Loaded Little Member
 
ahsposo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Third Grade
Posts: 7,150

Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5708 Post(s)
Liked 3,635 Times in 2,116 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Dang Ahsposo that is a bit hardcore. bottle rockets is C league.
I grew up in an Irish Catholic neighborhood.
ahsposo is offline  
Likes For ahsposo:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.