Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Is this a TVT “HM” or a “HR” ?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-21, 08:30 AM
Surfer77

Bikes: Alan Competition, Serotta Club Special, Bottecchia ADR SL, Ciocc San Christobal, Aventon Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 16 Posts

hi Bike ppl,

I found a Concorde TVT for sale. Advertised as an HM (hi modulus) model but I think it is actually an HR. From what little what i have read about TVTs is the HM had “TVT” engraved into the face of the head tube lug and also the sides. Also engraved on the seat tube lug. The advertised frame does not have those engravings, only an “HM” decal, which anyone can have made.

Bf I contact the seller, I want to be quite sure. I thought someone here would give me the answer!
The blue frame is the one in question. The white one *is* an HM, with the engravings.

Thanks! Does anyone know the weight difference between the two? This one for sale is claimed to be 1832 g. The HM is higher spec, stiffer and lighter than the HR.
What would an HR frame sell for? He is asking €799 for this, ahem, HM!

Thanks!
Robin

Last edited by Surfer77; 09-27-21 at 08:51 AM.