Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Velodrome.shop

Old 03-13-22, 12:03 AM
Anfieldtramp

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Velodrome.shop

Hi all,

I recently bought quite a few components from said shop (https://www.velodrome.shop/), largely because of how good their prices were for the Phil Wood Hubs, and also the fact that shipping was free, which is a big deal for me since I'm not from the UK. Unfortunately I only checked their trustpilot reviews only after I had paid for my order...and it seems like they have a somewhat spotty record. I would like to know if anyone has bought anything from them recently, and how have your experiences been?
Old 03-13-22, 02:38 AM
RobertPaulson

Bikes: Dolan DF4, Tarmac SL7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Anfieldtramp
Hi all,

I recently bought quite a few components from said shop, largely because of how good their prices were for the Phil Wood Hubs, and also the fact that shipping was free, which is a big deal for me since I'm not from the UK. Unfortunately I only checked their trustpilot reviews only after I had paid for my order...and it seems like they have a somewhat spotty record. I would like to know if anyone has bought anything from them recently, and how have your experiences been?
I got some stuff from them pretty recently, it took an age to turn up but it did turn up - I don't think they are a scam etc, just very disorganized or short staffed. I use brooks now for all track stuff and I could not fault them.
Likes For RobertPaulson:
Old 03-13-22, 07:33 AM
m@tty

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
Have used them and no problems in the past.
Likes For m@tty:
Old 03-13-22, 06:37 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
From what I've seen their model hasn't really changed. They didn't keep a lot of stock in house and relied on ordering from suppliers after orders are placed. That means a lot of reviewers/users might have to wait a long time for stuff.
Likes For brawlo:
Old 03-13-22, 06:59 PM
Baby Puke

Bikes: Marin Stelvio, Pogliaghi SL, Panasonic NJS, Dolan DF4, Intense Pro24 BMX

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 58 Posts
A friend ordered some stuff from them a few years ago, never turned up.
Old 03-14-22, 04:50 AM
Anfieldtramp

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I emailed the salesperson and they confirmed my order was shipped the next day …though it has been more than 10 working days since then. Hmm. I wonder how an online shop stays afloat if they can’t guarantee at least most of their orders will turn up on time.
Old 03-15-22, 02:03 AM
RobertPaulson

Bikes: Dolan DF4, Tarmac SL7

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
massively recommend brooks for any UK track stuff, they have always been fantastic. the owner runs track teams and rides himself - often at uk events. Prices for velo specific things are usually spot on too.
Likes For RobertPaulson:
Old 03-22-22, 04:32 PM
DSPnz

Bikes: Track bike_ avanit pista tea, Road- Padrus evo, Gravel- Cannodale, Retro- Keneveans, lomabardi, farleiughs, nelson, Dressen, Pegasus, comms gams bossomworth..( all lo pros road and track )

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dontstoppedalling.co.nz in NZ