Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Time ADHX gravel/cx bike

Old 09-19-22, 12:45 PM
timcruz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Caliwild
Nope! Just showed up at my bike shop, packaged perfectly. They sent me a tracking number and I was following its route from Slovakia, through Germany and then to California. If you didn't get a tracking number, I'd suggest emailing info@timebicycles.com and they'll provide one.

Awesome! I just got in touch with them and it looks like the frame is still in production. Should be shipped out in 7-10 days, I can't wait! I'll share pics here once I've built it up.

Are you running the Dead Superbox stem?
Old 09-22-22, 01:01 PM
Caliwild

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked 660 Times in 276 Posts
Originally Posted by timcruz
Awesome! I just got in touch with them and it looks like the frame is still in production. Should be shipped out in 7-10 days, I can't wait! I'll share pics here once I've built it up.

Are you running the Dead Superbox stem?
Yes, I have the Deda [autocorrect stinks ] Superbox stem... It's pretty nifty and keeps the cables concealed. Looks really nice too since it's, well, boxy... Regarding the frame, when I ordered mine, they already had one ready to go so it shipped immediately. 7-10 days isn't bad for yours though....
Old 09-23-22, 05:28 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3078 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 1,005 Posts
You guys and your Times….you’re killing me! Those bikes are awesome! I’m eagerly awaiting pics of timcruz ‘s amber one. Kudos!!
Old 09-23-22, 03:03 PM
Caliwild

Originally Posted by chaadster
You guys and your Times….you’re killing me! Those bikes are awesome! I’m eagerly awaiting pics of timcruz ‘s amber one. Kudos!!
OK, well, since timcruz is getting the amber one and I have the carbon gloss one, you should just get the green or blue one to complete the trifecta...
Likes For Caliwild:
Old 10-06-22, 08:07 PM
Aliaksandr
AlexAG

Bikes: Cervelo P-Series + Trek Emonda SL6 + Trek Marlin 8

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Pulled the trigger on Forest 🟢 😍
Ordered complete build with Rival 2x, shipped assembled.
Can't wait to get it delivered 😊
Likes For Aliaksandr:
Old 10-07-22, 10:17 AM
Caliwild

Originally Posted by Aliaksandr
Pulled the trigger on Forest 🟢 😍
Ordered complete build with Rival 2x, shipped assembled.
Can't wait to get it delivered 😊
Nice! Congrats... What I've discovered is that this is one my best descending bikes. It's very stable. You can literally ride downhill, going 35 mph, and just take your hands off the handlebars... Post pics when you get it.
Likes For Caliwild:
Old 10-12-22, 09:50 PM
timcruz

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Nice! Congrats... What I've discovered is that this is one my best descending bikes. It's very stable. You can literally ride downhill, going 35 mph, and just take your hands off the handlebars... Post pics when you get it.
I have it all built up and made a stupid YouTube video about it! I can't post a link but if you're interested I'll DM you the link and you can check it out!

Photos here!

Last edited by timcruz; 10-12-22 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Added photos
Likes For timcruz:
Old 10-13-22, 11:06 AM
Caliwild

Originally Posted by timcruz
I have it all built up and made a stupid YouTube video about it! I can't post a link but if you're interested I'll DM you the link and you can check it out!

Photos here!
Found it. Really cool!
Old 10-13-22, 11:43 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4828 Post(s)
Liked 7,820 Times in 3,704 Posts
Very nice bike!

I have a Time VX Special Pro that I bought new in 2003. It is still the best handling bike I've ever ridden - quick, but stable, and utterly confidence-inspiring.
Old 10-13-22, 11:55 AM
Caliwild

Originally Posted by Eric F
Very nice bike!

I have a Time VX Special Pro that I bought new in 2003. It is still the best handling bike I've ever ridden - quick, but stable, and utterly confidence-inspiring.
Thanks! Those VX Special Pro's look pretty sweet as well... I'm just annoyed that it took me all of these years to realize that these Time bikes are so well made... The tolerances, the finishing, etc, are amazing... Honestly, it puts all the other big name carbon frames to shame.
Old 10-13-22, 12:05 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4828 Post(s)
Liked 7,820 Times in 3,704 Posts
Thanks! Those VX Special Pro's look pretty sweet as well... I'm just annoyed that it took me all of these years to realize that these Time bikes are so well made... The tolerances, the finishing, etc, are amazing... Honestly, it puts all the other big name carbon frames to shame.
I think there are a lot of really great bikes out there, but I have consistently found that people who have ridden Times almost invariably consider them among the best bikes they have ridden. I really like my current Storck road bike. It's light, fast, and in every way a high-performance road machine. However, compared to my Time, the handling is nervous, and lacks the same sure-footed predictability.

Enjoy your ride!
Old 10-14-22, 05:41 PM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
Beautiful bike and looks like a great choice! For a gravel bike, a good purpose-built carbon frame beats the hell out of a dinosaur titanium frame in every way except maybe will it last 30 years. But who wants to ride the same bike for 30 years anyway?
Old 10-18-22, 09:39 AM
Caliwild

Originally Posted by dwmckee
Beautiful bike and looks like a great choice! For a gravel bike, a good purpose-built carbon frame beats the hell out of a dinosaur titanium frame in every way except maybe will it last 30 years. But who wants to ride the same bike for 30 years anyway?
Thanks! Yeah, I thought about it the same way... Too many stories of people buying a Moots or some other fancy titanium frame, intending for it to be a "forever bike," and then realizing that their frame is now outdated when it comes to standards. Plus, I get bored easily and like to switch up bikes every few years (although this one will probably be in the stable for a long time)...
Old 10-19-22, 05:32 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII

Did you Time-owning lucky-ducks notice that “YouTube sensation” Hambini put Time at the top of his Table of Build Quality list recently, saying further that Time was in a “league of one”?

Likes For chaadster:
Old 10-20-22, 10:40 AM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1871 Post(s)
Liked 689 Times in 467 Posts
What a 5 year old.
Old 10-21-22, 06:23 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Originally Posted by shoota
What a 5 year old.
Yes, sorry…I should have said “5 year old YouTube sensation.” 😆
Old 10-27-22, 02:39 PM
steveadorjan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Could anyone tell me if the ADHX also uses the patented Time Quickset headset or not? I'm having a hard time visualizing how that system could work together with the Deda Superbox stem's spacers and the Deda DCR internal cable routing (as far as I know, that requires its own special headset)
Old 10-27-22, 04:52 PM
Caliwild

Originally Posted by steveadorjan
Could anyone tell me if the ADHX also uses the patented Time Quickset headset or not? I'm having a hard time visualizing how that system could work together with the Deda Superbox stem's spacers and the Deda DCR internal cable routing (as far as I know, that requires its own special headset)
I'm not home to check, but this is what I had found online: "The ADHX uses a more compatible DEDA S DCR headset to tuck away cables" via https://contenderbicycles.com/blogs/...-bike-thoughts
Old 10-28-22, 01:55 AM
steveadorjan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not home to check, but this is what I had found online: "The ADHX uses a more compatible DEDA S DCR headset to tuck away cables"
Thanks, I have found a youtube video that clearly shows a traditional steerer without a threaded sleeve (sorry, I cannot link it, as I have less than 10 posts)
Old 10-28-22, 01:57 AM
steveadorjan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, I have found a youtube video that clearly shows a traditional steerer without a threaded sleeve (sorry, I cannot link it, as I have less than 10 posts)
I'm actually wondering if it was worth giving up the benefits of the Quickset system for the sake of integration, which I'm not really a fan of (though the DCR system is one of the best of this kind)
Old 10-28-22, 09:46 AM
Caliwild

I'm actually wondering if it was worth giving up the benefits of the Quickset system for the sake of integration, which I'm not really a fan of (though the DCR system is one of the best of this kind)
Not sure, but the system seems to work well and sure looks the part...
Old 10-28-22, 09:50 AM
steveadorjan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not sure, but the system seems to work well and sure looks the part...
Where exactly are the cables routed within the headtube, in front of the steerer or behind it? And do they rub against the steerer at all?
Old 10-28-22, 10:33 AM
Caliwild

Where exactly are the cables routed within the headtube, in front of the steerer or behind it? And do they rub against the steerer at all?
The front... don't think so...
Likes For Caliwild:
Old 10-28-22, 11:12 AM
Branko D

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked 408 Times in 252 Posts
Time bikes in vivo look awesome, and when I crash my road bike hard enough, it's probably going to get replaced with a Time Skylon.

The RTM production technology is superior. 3T is also doing the same (and is producing in Italy) for their newest gravel bike (Racemax or something).
Likes For Branko D:
Old 12-17-22, 07:19 PM
dcee604

Bikes: Ridley Noah SL, Storck Aerfast Pro, Ventum GS1

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
Hi riders! I'm deciding on this particular bike too. Could you tell me what size frame you ordered, and what exactly is the standover height from the ground to the top of the centre of the top tube? I know I've already asked TimCruz through your YouTube comments. Just trying to decide whether to get XS or S. Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.