Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

NBD - Canyon Endurace

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

NBD - Canyon Endurace

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-22, 11:01 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10397 Post(s)
Liked 11,856 Times in 6,071 Posts
Originally Posted by TakingMyTime
I believe it's been out for some time. I did see one in this color in their showroom and the color looks much better in person than in pictures.
I will not be trading in my matte electric blue 2020 Endurace for it, though. I've actually gotten compliments on it.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Old 08-04-22, 11:08 AM
sshakari

Bikes: Canyon Endurace, Merckx liege 75, Cinelli Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 61 Posts
Congrats and enjoy the ride! Been on Endurace since 2019 its a fantastic ride.
Old 08-04-22, 02:38 PM
msu2001la

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1455 Post(s)
Liked 1,477 Times in 867 Posts
Sweet bike. I love the color.
I'm surprised Canyon can't get GP5000's. It looks like they're readily available from online sources.
Old 08-04-22, 02:49 PM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by TakingMyTime
Canyon Endurace CF SL 8 Di2 (what a mouthful) in Stealth Grey, size Medium

Only about 10 miles on it so I can't really speak to many of the features and ride quality other than it fits great and so far I'm very happy. Because of "supply chain" issues the Continental 5000 tires ended up be substituted with Goodyear F1 Tubeless (30mm) and at 80psi they feel like I'm riding in sand. I will be replacing them with some 25mm clinchers asap. One nice surprise was they threw in a 4iii NDS power meter. I like that it also acts as a Cadence Sensor so that I don't have to attach my Garmin sensor to the crank arm

I'm still trying to wrap my head around all this new technology. This is my first time with Di2 and Hydraulic brakes. Having 12 speeds is also pretty weird. There's just a lot to absorb.

The whole buying experience was great. I live near one of their warehouses and had it in 2 days. A few questions popped up during the assembly process but Canyon's online chat cleared those up right away.

Who rides 30mm tubeless at 80 psi?? I am at 60 for 28mm...

Edit: Lovely bike though! I have an older Endurace but this one is really sweet, I like the color too.

Last edited by ZHVelo; 08-04-22 at 02:53 PM.
Likes For ZHVelo:
Old 08-04-22, 02:56 PM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
Maybe it sounds better in native German.. Google translate tells me it might be called Gelb Gefroren
Neh, that sounds even worse. I doubt that is what it is called in German, if they even offer it in Europe. The US market is quite different to the European one for Canyon. E.g. certain models they don't even sell in both, but just one.
Old 08-04-22, 06:48 PM
CasualInSoCal

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To the OP, what's your height/inseam that made you go medium size?

I'm considering this bike too however I'm inbetween size S and M. I'm 181cm with 81cm inseam.

Using Canyon's website sizing tool, if I put in 181/81, then it suggests M, if I however put in 181/80 inseam, then it suggests S. Which means I'm exactly borderline between size S and M!

Thanks!

Last edited by CasualInSoCal; 08-04-22 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-04-22, 07:38 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9648 Post(s)
Liked 6,363 Times in 3,503 Posts
Originally Posted by CasualInSoCal
To the OP, what's your height/inseam that made you go medium size?

I'm considering this bike too however I'm inbetween size S and M. I'm 181cm with 81cm inseam.

Using Canyon's website sizing tool, if I put in 181/81, then it suggests M, if I however put in 181/80 inseam, then it suggests S. Which means I'm exactly borderline between size S and M!

Thanks!
No, it means you are a medium since you don’t have a 80cm inseam. Right?
Old 02-12-23, 11:48 AM
andydallas

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
New here, I am trying to get input on the carbon fiber seat post for the Endurance. I was going to go alum, but the seat post, if it really does soften things up, would be worth going to CF,,,any input is greatly appreciated
Old 02-12-23, 07:08 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4387 Post(s)
Liked 4,827 Times in 2,983 Posts
Originally Posted by andydallas
New here, I am trying to get input on the carbon fiber seat post for the Endurance. I was going to go alum, but the seat post, if it really does soften things up, would be worth going to CF,,,any input is greatly appreciated
I think it’s the best seatpost out there. A really clever design. Not only does it flex to absorb hits, it also maintains the saddle level when it flexes backward, unlike D-shaped posts which tilt the saddle nose up when they flex.

When riding you are not really aware of the seatpost flexing, but it is very comfortable. Canyon suggest allowing 5 mm extra saddle height to compensate, so that gives you an idea how much it deflects when seated.