Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

"The Facilitators" Thread - Post here if you're willing and able!

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

"The Facilitators" Thread - Post here if you're willing and able!

Old 07-18-22, 07:48 AM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 760 Post(s)
Liked 1,562 Times in 756 Posts
Southern Tier/Catskills NY

Username: ehcoplex

Preferred Contact: PM or e-mail through site.

State(s): Southern Tier/Catskills of New York

Primary CL City: Oneonta (‘city’ is a bit of a stretch!)

Secondary CL Cities: 50-75mi from Oneonta (Ithaca, Binghamton, in a pinch Syracuse, Scranton PA, Albany..)

Items willing to facilitate: small items up to whole bikes
Old 07-27-22, 11:18 AM
philpeugeot 

Bikes: Bike Friday PRP, Bike Friday NWT, Bromton M6R, 1991 Miyata 914, 1991 Miyata 1000, 1986 Raleigh Portage, many more frames

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 346 Times in 181 Posts
Looking for a facilitator in Portland, OR to get a wheelset (or maybe just the wheelset's hubs) to the Bay Area.
Old 08-17-22, 03:04 PM
prairiepedaler
Banned.

Bikes: Looking for "the One"

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 321 Times in 212 Posts
Bike from Bellingham, Washington to Great White North

I haven`t worked out the gories on this arrangement but there is a road bike in Bellingham, WA I am interested in. Anyone up for the fun can make contact via PM and I`ll fill you in. I`d take care of all costs of course.
Old 08-23-22, 09:50 AM
icemilkcoffee 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1557 Post(s)
Liked 1,732 Times in 972 Posts
Any kind soul in the Garner/ Raleigh area can help me buy this stem?
https://raleigh.craigslist.org/bop/d...524747670.html
Old 09-20-22, 06:43 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked 4,381 Times in 2,090 Posts
Looking for someone to facilitate a packing and shipping job in the Santa Monica area - need to take the task off the shoulders of another C&V'er who may not be able to follow through shipping a bike + handlebars.

This would be a complete bike that's currently partially disassembled plus two one-piece handlebar-and-basket assemblies. I believe the boxes have been procured for the handlebars, but not the bike box.

PM if you can help.

-Kurt

Old 09-21-22, 05:46 PM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 602 Posts
Could anyone give me a rough estimate on shipping an 59er Columbus frame with any normal post from Denver, Colorado to Germany, 45128 Essen?
I saw a frame on ebay, but the ~EUR200 seems exorbitant.

No exact details, just a "yeah kid, thats what it looks like these days" or a "forget the ebay shipping estimates" does for me.

Thanks in advance, Lattz
Old 09-28-22, 06:24 PM
obrentharris 

Bikes: Indeed!

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 1506 Post(s)
Liked 3,461 Times in 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by Lattz
Could anyone give me a rough estimate on shipping an 59er Columbus frame with any normal post from Denver, Colorado to Germany, 45128 Essen?

No exact details, just a "yeah kid, thats what it looks like these days" or a "forget the ebay shipping estimates" does for me.

Thanks in advance, Lattz
When I plug in a package 38"x28"x8" at 12 Lbs. into the shipping calculator at Bikeflights.com I get a price of about $200 shipping and about $160 for duties and taxes for a total of about $360 from my home in California to Essen.

I tried the same thing with Shipbikes but they are temporarily not shipping anything anywhere.
Brent
Brent
Old 09-28-22, 06:29 PM
obrentharris 

Bikes: Indeed!

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 1506 Post(s)
Liked 3,461 Times in 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by Lattz

Thanks in advance, Lattz
I plugged the same information as in the above post to pirateship.com and got a price of $206, no mention of taxes or duties.
Brent
Old 09-29-22, 03:36 AM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 602 Posts
Originally Posted by obrentharris
I plugged the same information as in the above post to pirateship.com and got a price of $206, no mention of taxes or duties.
Brent
obrentharris
Hello Brent,
thanks for checking, so it seems the indicated eBay shipping prices don't seem to be that far from the real world, and sadly that I have no chance to get a bargain CIÖCC frame.
Best Regards,

Lattz
Old 10-04-22, 10:54 PM
Campagnerdo 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 30 Posts
Anyone a bit north of Atlanta, Georgia? To include shipping.
Old 10-06-22, 01:53 PM
bikejeff

Bikes: Marin Muirwoods, Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Ottawa request and adding my name (though Phx has a few).

Hoping to find someone in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada for a disassembled bike pickup and ship. But while I'm here I'll toss my name into the ring

Username: bikejeff
Preferred Contact: PM or e-mail through site.
State(s): Arizona
Primary CL City: Tempe
Secondary CL Cities: Maricopa, Casa Grand, and possibly Tucson
Old 10-17-22, 02:42 PM
lorica 

Bikes: 2011 Specialized Dolce Comp, 1990 Cannondale Black Lightning and several other vintage

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Looking for Pick-Up in Richmond, VA

Greetings all...

I am purchasing a classc bike in Richmond, VA and am looking for somone who could pick it up and either pack it for shipping and drop it off a UPS or bring it to a bike shop that could do the packing and shipping. I am happy to pay for gas and the time it would take. It will be pre-paid and no inspection needed.

If you are able and willing to assist with this or have the name of a bike shop that might do this, please send a text to me at nine 4 nine 3552948 any time (day or night).

I'd also like to repost my willingness to facilitate in Orange County, CA. My info is below. Texting to the above number is the besy way to reach me.

Lori

QUOTE=lorica;22364434]Username: Lorica
Preferred Contact: PM, email or text
State(s): California
Primary CL City: Newport Beach area (Cost Mesa, Huntington Beach, Irivne, Santa Ana, Fountain Valley, Lake Forest, EL Toro, etc.)
Secondary CL Cities: Other cities in OC

Very happy to help other members with inspecting, pick-up, packing and shipping. I've packed and shipped it all from small items to wheelsets, frames and entire bikes. I used Ship Bikes until they stopped shipping bikes. The only other conmpany

Cheers,
Lori
[/QUOTE]
Old 11-07-22, 12:56 AM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
Back for another facilitation request OR good deal for you opportunity!

1989+ Schwinn Paramount in what looks to be their 66cm size. Has a bonk on the top tube, but the color, price, condition, and size are where they need to be. I talked to the seller asking for serial number info, telling him where it was on the BB shell, but he never replied. Definitely not a 64cm. Top tube on these will be 60.5cm at the 66cm and 68cm frame sizes.

If no desire to facilitate, but are tall and want a great deal on a sweet bike, by all means, go snag it! Casper is right-central Wyoming, a town of good size, just not anywhere close to Cheyenne let alone any other larger more known metro areas (to their benefit in many cases, I would say).

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by RiddleOfSteel; 11-08-22 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-08-22, 12:50 AM
mhespenheide 

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, LeMond Victoire, Bianchi Campione d'Italia, Kona Hei Hei, Ritchey Ultra, Schwinn "Paramount" PDG, '83 Trek 640

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 324 Times in 210 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
Back for another facilitation request OR good deal for you opportunity!

1989+ Schwinn Paramount in what looks to be their 66cm size. Has a bonk on the top tube, but the color, price, condition, and size are where they need to be. I talked to the seller asking for serial number info, telling him where it was on the BB shell, but he never replied. Definitely not a 64cm. Top tube on these will be 60.5cm at the 66cm and 68cm frame sizes.

If no desire to facilitate, but are tall and want a great deal on a sweet bike, by all means, go snag it! Casper is right-central Wyoming, a town of good size, just not anywhere close to Cheyenne let alone any other larger more known metro areas (to their benefit in many cases, I would say).

Thank you in advance!
RoS,
That one's been up on the Cheyenne CL for a long time. At least a year, maybe two. (I do nationwide CL searches.) The seller clearly isn't too motivated. I can recommend a shop in Laramie, "Pedal House", if you could get the seller to take it there. It's about a 45-minute drive. When I lived in Laramie, people went to Cheyenne with some regularity. Not all that rare to go the other way.
Likes For mhespenheide:
Old 11-08-22, 01:08 AM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Originally Posted by mhespenheide
RoS,
That one's been up on the Cheyenne CL for a long time. At least a year, maybe two. (I do nationwide CL searches.) The seller clearly isn't too motivated. I can recommend a shop in Laramie, "Pedal House", if you could get the seller to take it there. It's about a 45-minute drive. When I lived in Laramie, people went to Cheyenne with some regularity. Not all that rare to go the other way.
Thank you for the fantastic context! I do national searches via Search Tempest, having only recently done a batch search with Paramounts as one of the options. Yes, I have a 66cm OS Paramount, which is the best road/race bike I've ridden and I love it (like, we're talking Accidental Grail Bike love here), but for "research purposes" (ok, love of bikes), I must MUST find a standard-diameter tube Paramount to compare. I will have to think this over some more, especially with an unmotivated seller who probably doesn't even want to make the drive (I mean, it is 45 minutes one way--that's a bit).

Thanks again!
Old 11-08-22, 10:57 AM
pnwgopher

Bikes: Serotta Rapid Tour, 89 Paramount, AD Vent Noir, All-City Space Horse

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 37 Posts
Thank you for the fantastic context! I do national searches via Search Tempest, having only recently done a batch search with Paramounts as one of the options. Yes, I have a 66cm OS Paramount, which is the best road/race bike I've ridden and I love it (like, we're talking Accidental Grail Bike love here), but for "research purposes" (ok, love of bikes), I must MUST find a standard-diameter tube Paramount to compare. I will have to think this over some more, especially with an unmotivated seller who probably doesn't even want to make the drive (I mean, it is 45 minutes one way--that's a bit).

Thanks again!
I have a 62cm 89 paramount (sl/sp) that I love (but is just a bit too small) and have been hunting for a 64cm heat treated OS for some time... also for "research purposes"
Likes For pnwgopher:
Old 11-08-22, 12:59 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Originally Posted by pnwgopher
I have a 62cm 89 paramount (sl/sp) that I love (but is just a bit too small) and have been hunting for a 64cm heat treated OS for some time... also for "research purposes"
If a 64cm rides anything like my 66cm (which it likely should), you're going to absolutely love it. It lives for speed, and responds beautifully to powerful inputs in the saddle. Not an out and out sprinter, but that's what a Davidson Impulse is for, and you pay for it in an unrelenting ride (I've had 64 and 66cm versions) on iffy roads. I finally have all the decals on mine (didn't have them when I snagged it off eBay), so it's photo time, but I have been riding it. 28.0-28.5mm tires (measured width) are the absolute max you can put through that frame. 28.5mm is what I measure from my Vittoria Corsa 32mm tires and they sneak underneath Dura-Ace 9000 calipers and between the narrow chain stays (like, 1mm to each side--VERY tight).
Old 11-08-22, 02:23 PM
pnwgopher

If a 64cm rides anything like my 66cm (which it likely should), you're going to absolutely love it. It lives for speed, and responds beautifully to powerful inputs in the saddle. Not an out and out sprinter, but that's what a Davidson Impulse is for, and you pay for it in an unrelenting ride (I've had 64 and 66cm versions) on iffy roads. I finally have all the decals on mine (didn't have them when I snagged it off eBay), so it's photo time, but I have been riding it. 28.0-28.5mm tires (measured width) are the absolute max you can put through that frame. 28.5mm is what I measure from my Vittoria Corsa 32mm tires and they sneak underneath Dura-Ace 9000 calipers and between the narrow chain stays (like, 1mm to each side--VERY tight).
Did you score that black frame w/o a serial number that was on ebay a month or two ago? If so, congrats- I suspected that was an OS paramount and almost bid myself!

I'm also running similarly tight clearances on my paramount. Definitely worth it.
Old 11-08-22, 03:20 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Did you score that black frame w/o a serial number that was on ebay a month or two ago? If so, congrats- I suspected that was an OS paramount and almost bid myself!

I'm also running similarly tight clearances on my paramount. Definitely worth it.
Yup! It was that bike co-op in Missouri IIRC. I'm glad you didn't bid on it and drive the buy price up. I still got it for a steal and have put a lot of time into cleaning and shining it up, and that was well worth the effort (I do this to all bikes/frames I buy). It almost looked like those 650C Paramounts from that era and I was REALLY hoping it wasn't that, even though I asked them (no response) and was pretty confident it was a 700C frame. I need to post a thread of the build. Just took some photos as today is dry and sunny.
Likes For RiddleOfSteel:
Old 11-08-22, 03:28 PM
pnwgopher

Yup! It was that bike co-op in Missouri IIRC. I'm glad you didn't bid on it and drive the buy price up. I still got it for a steal and have put a lot of time into cleaning and shining it up, and that was well worth the effort (I do this to all bikes/frames I buy). It almost looked like those 650C Paramounts from that era and I was REALLY hoping it wasn't that, even though I asked them (no response) and was pretty confident it was a 700C frame. I need to post a thread of the build. Just took some photos as today is dry and sunny.
Nice! Look forward to seeing what you've done with it. And trying it out if you ever get tired of it...

I was *this* close to bidding on it the first time it was listed (yes, it went once without any bids). The regret is real.
Likes For pnwgopher:
Old 11-08-22, 03:39 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Nice! Look forward to seeing what you've done with it. And trying it out if you ever get tired of it...

I was *this* close to bidding on it the first time it was listed (yes, it went once without any bids). The regret is real.
Oooooh, don't plan on ever getting rid of this one! Full Dura-Ace 9000, RS81 wheels, carbon seatpost and handlebars, Innicycle headset (worth. it.), etc. Just under 20 lbs ready to ride. 36.0" stand over height. I'm 6'5" so that's plenty. The regret being real--I definitely understand that.
Old 11-08-22, 10:54 PM
mhespenheide 

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, LeMond Victoire, Bianchi Campione d'Italia, Kona Hei Hei, Ritchey Ultra, Schwinn "Paramount" PDG, '83 Trek 640

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 324 Times in 210 Posts
I've got a 62 or 63cm Paramount PDG if you ever want to scratch that itch. Only problem is it's on the other side of the country, over at my parents' house in NY. I'm not really actively looking to sell it, but I wouldn't mind finding it a new home either.
Old 11-09-22, 11:07 AM
pnwgopher

Originally Posted by mhespenheide
I've got a 62 or 63cm Paramount PDG if you ever want to scratch that itch. Only problem is it's on the other side of the country, over at my parents' house in NY. I'm not really actively looking to sell it, but I wouldn't mind finding it a new home either.
Oh no, don't tell me that! If it was here in the NW I'd be in a pretty tough spot.
Old 11-21-22, 09:48 AM
eom 
Eccentric Old Man

Bikes: 1986 Trek 520 Cirrus, 1979 Schwinn Traveler III, Trek T100, 1995 Trek 970, Fuji America

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 87 Posts
Chicago to St Louis Metro Help?

Greetings fellow enablers.

I am dreaming about Senrab62 's Schwinn listed in C&VSales. https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...11-8-25-a.html
I haven't made an offer just exploring my options.
Looking for some one willing to pick up and transport from Chicago to St. Louis area.

email is my preferred contact method.

Thanks!

kb

Old 11-21-22, 09:50 PM
Senrab62 
It's the little things

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by eom
Greetings fellow enablers.

I am dreaming about Senrab62 's Schwinn listed in C&VSales. https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...11-8-25-a.html
I haven't made an offer just exploring my options.
Looking for some one willing to pick up and transport from Chicago to St. Louis area.

email is my preferred contact method.

Thanks!

kb
Just to add: I'm in Downers Grove which is about 20 miles West of Chicago proper. If someone is willing to facilitate, I'd be willing to travel almost anywhere in Chicagoland within reason. Help me help eom

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.