Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Triathlon
Reload this Page >

Older Quintana Roo Kilo value

Notices
Triathlon Swim / Bike / Run your thing? Drop in our new triathlon forum for the latest in training & gear. From beginner to expert, and sprint to ironman.

Old 09-12-21, 01:13 PM
Alsobay

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 44 Posts

Hi all!
First time posting in this forum. Usually in classic and vintage. I’d like some help ID’ing and valuing this bike. Pretty standard mix of 105 and Tiagra with ST7700 integrated brakes and Shimano bar end shifters. I have looked for photos or info on the 20 spoke rear and 14 spoke Velocity wheel set. Entire bike will be thoroughly cleaned, polished
I’d appreciate any help

Old 09-13-21, 02:12 PM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Liked 783 Times in 413 Posts
Maybe with the bike shortage caused by the pandemic you’ll get some offers (that is if you’re trying to sell it). But a few years ago a (non-internet savvy) friend asked me to post a similar QR tri bike on Craigslist for him. After the initial pricing of $300, we dropped it to $250, then $200, and finally $150. Nothing other than a few questions about the size, components, etc. Not a single offer. Good luck.

Dan

Last edited by _ForceD_; 09-13-21 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-13-21, 02:21 PM
Alsobay

Originally Posted by _ForceD_
Maybe with the bike shortage caused by the pandemic you’ll get some offers (that is if you’re trying to sell it). But a few years ago a (non-internet savvy) friend asked me to post a similar QR on Craigslist for him. After the initial pricing of $300, we dropped it to $250, then $200, and finally $150. Nothing other than a few questions about the size, components, etc. Not a single offer. Good luck.

Dan
Thanks Dan!
Seeing Ebay sold results, it’s time to part. Some of the parts will be seeing use on vintage frames. Seems like better value. Forks, wheels amd some other parts will be up for sale. .
Old 09-13-21, 06:32 PM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Liked 783 Times in 413 Posts
Yeah, I think you’re better off (i.e. will get more $$$) cleaning up all the components and selling them separately.

Dan
Likes For _ForceD_:
Old 09-13-21, 08:37 PM
Dave Mayer

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1369 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 277 Posts
In my market, anything resembling a road bike sells fast. So this bike right now would sell for in excess of $500. If you wait until November, drop $100 off of the sale price.

This assumes that you disconnect the tri-bars and connect the derailleurs to the STI brifters. As-is, with the tri-bars, subtract $100.

This also assumes that the wheels are 700c; if 650c, then divide my price by 2.
Likes For Dave Mayer:
Old 09-14-21, 01:25 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Depends on how long you can wait. With this silly bike market, that may get $350 or so.

I am seeing my current bikes all selling for more now than I got them for new or used years back. Go figure.

I would try to sell it also without the TT bars and connect the brifters again as in this price range someone is better off tossing $50 of clip ons onto a road bike instead of buying a really really really old tri bike.
Old 09-15-21, 07:28 PM
Gonzo Bob
cycles per second

Bikes: Early 1980's Ishiwata 022 steel sport/touring, 1986 Vitus 979, 1988 DiamondBack Apex, 1997 Softride PowerWing 700, 2001 Trek OCLV 110

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 48 Posts
Yeah, IMHO, this bike doesn't have much value as a full bike as is. It was originally a triathlon bike but someone converted to drop bars and STI shifters/brake levers. What I can't figure out is why did they keep the unconnected bar-end shifters? Why not just put in some bar-end plugs. Anyway, it's not really a road bike (because of the triathlon/time-trial geometry), and it's not really a triathlon/time-trial bike. So who would be interested in it?
Old 09-15-21, 07:46 PM
Alsobay

Thanks to all who have replied. This bike is now looking like a carcass in the desert. All that’s left is the frame. Every other piece will with we be used on my hoarders nest of frame sets 😄😄. Wheels are 650c as trainers for someone who wants to preserve their nice carbon wheels. Carbon forks will also be sold. Bar end shifters will be sold. Pretty much the only thing I am keeping are the bars and brifters (Dura-Ace BL7700). They are perfect!
Old 09-17-21, 12:50 PM
BobsPoprad

Bikes: Lemond Poprad, Cervelo Soloist, Cannondale F4, RANS Velocity Squared

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 45 Posts
Yeah, it kinda sucks... knowing your baby is not worth much.
I have a 2002 Soloist. Mix of DA/Ultegra 9spd.
Been riden a lot, but in nice shape. I'd be lucky to get $200-300.