Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Charity Events
Reload this Page >

Looking to buy Bikes for Charity

Search
Notices
Charity Events Whether you're looking for riders, sponsors, or volunteers, this is the place to tell the world that cyclists can make a difference.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-20, 10:45 AM
Waterfront_Prop

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We are looking to buy 100 to 200 bikes for children in Palm Beach County Florida - not sure if this is the right place to post.

Years ago the owner, Rob Thomson of Waterfront Properties used to buy a truckload of bikes and deliver them to charities around Palm Beach County Florida for needy children. I am the Business Manager and we are looking to start doing this again on an annual basis. When I lived in Indiana there was a huge bike shop that purchased the out of current production bikes and resold them. I am not sure how to find this type place but would really appreciate if anyone can help us find a place to purchase discounted bikes in large quantities of bikes for kids.

Moderator - please move this if I am posting in the wrong place. Appreciate any input on where to reach out.

David Abernathy
Business Manager
Waterfront Properties and Club Communities
Old 12-15-20, 08:30 AM
Podagrower

Bikes: Giant Defy Composite, Spechialized Ruby (hers), Niner RLT9, Miyata 712, Condor ??

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
My club (FL Freewheelers) has been doing something similar in Central Florida for a few years. Finding a stash of NOS bikes would be awesome. This year is unique to say the least, we found our best deal at Academy Sports but there are fewer bikes to go around.
Old 12-21-20, 12:12 PM
MichelleButler9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
This is a very good deed, I wish you good luck!