Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Top 5 best BMX bikes

Search
Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Top 5 best BMX bikes

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-19, 11:22 PM
bimmerdre

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Top 5 best BMX bikes

new to the biking seen. Would be helpful to know the best bmx setups based on quality and budget kept in mind. What’s your top 5?
Old 08-30-19, 10:11 AM
smullen

Bikes: Trek 4900, Giant Anthem x 29er 4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bimmerdre
new to the biking seen. Would be helpful to know the best bmx setups based on quality and budget kept in mind. What’s your top 5?
I'm wondering this too... As I Posted in another thread, I'll be 46 and just wanting to get back into some BMXing along with riding my Trek M.B...

Over my BMX years, I had a GT Pro Freestyle Tour, GT Pro Performer, Dydno D-Tour I think it was, a Haro and a SE Racing SE Quad Angle with Landing Gear Forks and a Hutch Trick Star...

Not sure what I'd get now... I have no idea what the coolest brands are now, every thing I see looks pretty Generic as compared to back in our day...

I'd love to see a few folks' (who are really into it) top 5 or top 10 lists of Coolest BMX/Freestyle bikes.

Last edited by smullen; 09-13-19 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-13-19, 09:30 AM
Chops717

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Came for the C&V section of the forum but like always find myself looking at the BMX section instead. (Little background, been riding 15+ years, street and parks, traveled a little, filmed video stuff, the whole 9 yards) Tossing out a couple here for what I would end up with based on budgets but also keeping it with rider owned/operated companies or ones that have always supported the local scenes (and a couple of my friends)
  1. No budget: Sunday Soundwave ($1,050)- Probably the most expensive complete out there, but for good reason. Comes with an aftermarket frame, forks and bars from Sunday, who has a lifetime warranty on their products. I personally ride one of their frames because after 6+ frames with bent rear triangles from grind damage, I wanted something with a warranty like that and its held up. Also comes with a laundry list of odyssey components, which are top notch. Only notes on this one are the fact that it is a brakeless bike, and I believe it comes with a freecoaster, preference things but how most of the bikes are now a days.
  2. Cheapest (option 1): Kink Launch ($320)- So this is on the other end of the spectrum here, this is the second cheapest bike that Kink offers, the Curb being the cheapest, the main difference to me is the bottom bracket. On the Curb, you have an unsealed American sized BB, while on the Launch you have a sealed mid. Having that sealed mid BB will allow you to actually keep your cranks. You’ll get a couple other components that can transfer over as well, but the trade off is the Hi-ten steel frame and unsealed wheels and what looks to be some lightweight aluminum rims that wont hold up to serious abuse, but you’ll definitely be able to cruise around and have some fun. Keep an eye on them though because the trend is towards bigger tires, so that leave less wiggle room (literally) when it comes to fork and frame clearance, and cheaper wheels never seem to stay true.
  3. Cheapest (Option 2): Fit Bikes Series One ($360)- These are a little more expensive for a similarly equipped bike as the kink, but the advantage they offer seems to be a variety of top tube sizes, which is pretty darn important for comfort or just how the bike rides, and the frame has a chromo TT and DT. If you ask me, a better fitting frame is worth $40 up front, rather than $400 down the road, so if you’re looking for something that fits a little better, take a look at the Fit.
  4. $400-500 Range: Kink Liberty ($460)- This is probably the best budget/value bike in my eyes. You’ll get a full chromo frame and fork, sealed components, and will probably hold up well. There are a few cheaper components, but the important stuff is taken care of and you wont have any issues. Modern geometry, couple aftermarket parts, and overall a decent bike
  5. $500+ range: Sunday Street sweeper ($710)- I’m not a freecoaster guy but this is a heck of a bike. Aftermarket wheels, a $340 aftermarket frame with a lifetime warranty, and a slew of quality parts, you’ll be set for quite some time. I actually considered picking this bike up a while back because my frame was bent and I needed a few other parts replaced or fixed, and the cost alone was close to this bike. A little pricey, but overall its worth it.

Those are just my picks. Also, all prices and bikes were found on empire bmx’s website. Rider owned and run shop, and have always been the best to deal with. Unless its local, my money wont go elsewhere.
Likes For Chops717:
Old 09-15-19, 06:53 AM
Bikerider007

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 30 Posts
Subrosa, Cult, Sunday, Kink in that order for me.

Sunday is part of Oddyssey which has been around a long time, they are very creative and push limits. Most new school have DBA type companies for f/f, hard and soft goods, or levels of quality. Multiple new school co's have brought new or proprietary changes to the game and the shop level bikes are pretty good overall, especially compared to the past.

Last edited by Bikerider007; 09-15-19 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-19-19, 03:39 PM
Tiny1990

Bikes: 1990 Diamondback Interval, 08 Schwinn Peloton

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Id say S&M, and Standard are really nice quality. Same with Volume.
Old 08-12-21, 12:31 PM
Viich
Hack

Bikes: TrueNorth CX bike, 88 Bianchi Strada (currently Sturmey'd), 90's Giant Innova (now with drop bars), Yess World Cup race BMX, Redline Proline Pro24 race BMX Cruiser

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked 186 Times in 130 Posts
I really like the Daylight bikes, Chase carbon are unquestionably fast, as are the Meybo carbon. The Meybo stuff looks interesting. I love Yess bikes, but right now their factory's been shut down for a year, I think. Not sure when they're starting back up, but promising noises.

Value for money, the GT Speed Series are a nice package as an off-the-shelf complete with 2-piece cranks and disc brakes.

I like the standard, S&M & Laird bikes a lot, but I like steel - not a lot of people still running steel bikes on the racetrack.

Also, didn't realize how much more expensive BMX race bikes are than freestyle.
Old 10-20-21, 09:36 AM
MaxRider

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I recently bought a Kink Whip XL for around 450, and it has been awesome.
Old 12-04-21, 05:43 PM
astrobiker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
A little late but would be helpful to know if you were looking for a race bmx or freestyle. For freestyle, I suggest fit, kink or odyssey all the way. Completes are getting better and better
Old 04-18-22, 03:45 PM
Rolla

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 3,270 Times in 1,439 Posts
I'm a fan of Sunday and S&M. I also think WeThePeople doesn't get the acclaim they deserve. But it depends on what you're going to do with the bike; I don't know the first thing about modern race bikes or flatland, so I am ignorant about good brands in those categories.
Old 05-17-22, 05:01 AM
mwjconsultancy
MWJConsultancy

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
These all are best BWM Bike and i have personally using this my fvt. bike kink liberty
  • Mafia bikes Kush 2 BMX Bike.
  • Mongoose Logo BMX Bike.
  • Kink Liberty.
  • Elite Bicycles Stealth BMX.
  • Schwinn Sting Pro.