Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling > Tandem Bikes and Gear Marketplace
Reload this Page >

Santana Noventa / Campy FS - $1,200

Search
Notices
Tandem Bikes and Gear Marketplace Premium or Red Star Membership required

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-21, 04:40 PM
marcdanziger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Santana Noventa Tandem Bicycle. Columbus frame, (Almost) full Campagnolo component set - excluding rear derailleur and bar end shifters.
Pilot - 54.5cm center-top Stoker 52cm
I've owned this since new. I injured my neck and couldn't ride with drop bars; I refit it with MTB bars/shifters and it never handled well. So it sat in my garage for about eight years.
I recently have been able to start riding drop bars again, but my hands require hydraulic discs - and so instead of carving this frame up (I have a framebuilder friend), I decided to put to back to stock and I bought a CoMotion.
Somehow I lost the rear derailleur and bar-ends in the process, so left the MTB rear on (it works better than the original) and added some eBay Sanshin barends.
Paint is original, with nicks from use (we used to ride this a lot). Wheels are original Wheelsmith.
Two issues (other than the missing rear derailleur): early in my ownership, the paint bubbled at one of the joints between the pilot seat tube and the intermediate tube (see photo). It's been examined, and I'm told it's a paint flaw. I'm happy to have a local-to-me shop in 90505 examine it and give you an opinion. I sprayed the frame interior with preservative when I bought it (I've always lived fairly close to the beach).
The Campy seatposts also have some corrosion. I'd overhaul the hubs (sealed BB's), add new cables, brakepads and tires (and probably saddles - these are pretty dated) and go ride it.

If I didn't need hydraulics, I would be...it's an awesome bike.

$1,200 + shipping (will deliver in SoCal)