Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Revelo Lift - new folder on the market

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Revelo Lift - new folder on the market

Old 03-25-19, 08:36 AM
docpickles

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The fenders are great, they also double as reflecters. Had to buy those separately. The seat is so far from the wheels I wonder if the fender helps me, but it's a nice courtesy to the rider behind me if I'm not kicking up mud.
Old 02-29-20, 12:37 PM
bingsu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by docpickles
The fenders are great, they also double as reflecters. Had to buy those separately. The seat is so far from the wheels I wonder if the fender helps me, but it's a nice courtesy to the rider behind me if I'm not kicking up mud.
Hey Doc, great write up!
I'm in Toronto and I'm in the market for a 20" that can handle park recreational trails, dirt tracks near the lake, along with road and pavement. Was wondering what your experience is so far with the revelo and if you'd recommend it for my needs. Thanks!
Old 03-02-20, 01:50 AM
ttakata73

Bikes: *1998 GT Forte Ti 700c, Totem KDS-D 26" fatbike, BirdyGT 18", Brompton M2LX 16"

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
The bike seems OK for the money, but the marketing makes me hate this brand. Having these titles on the webpage makes me think they are either a bunch of idiots or con artists trying to trick idiots.

THE MOST ADVANCED FOLDING BIKE

LIFT: THE WORLD'S FASTEST FOLDING BIKE

This bike is neither of the above. Reminds me of the BS Helix used calling their bike the smallest in the world. Just call it a good bike; no need to lie to people.
Old 03-19-20, 08:51 PM
docpickles

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bingsu
Hey Doc, great write up!
I'm in Toronto and I'm in the market for a 20" that can handle park recreational trails, dirt tracks near the lake, along with road and pavement. Was wondering what your experience is so far with the revelo and if you'd recommend it for my needs. Thanks!
I have the 16inch model. I like it. On average I rode it once a week.

The 20inch would probably feel more like a road bike than a BMX, so it might have trouble on mud.

I actually brought it to Sweet Pete's to switch the tires it came with for better ones, but they couldn't find anything small that was as good as the Kenda tires it came with.

The components are excellent.

I had a pedal come loose a couple weeks after using it, the rotation unscrewed itself, and I lost a washer. Easy to find a replacement washer though. This is normal for any bike though, for loosening to happen when you start riding.

They designed the frame and it's kind of like a Helix, more of a Z than an X. The frame is built in China and they install all the components themselves in Toronto. They use really good quality components.

A solid bike. I would recommend it over a Dahon.

A solid bike. Great
Old 03-19-20, 09:03 PM
docpickles

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
[QUOTE=docpickles;21374843]I have the 16inch model. I like it. On average I rode it once a week.

The 20inch would probably feel more like a road bike than a BMX, so it might have trouble on mud.

I actually brought it to Sweet Pete's to switch the tires it came with for better ones, but they couldn't find anything small that was as good as the Kenda tires it came with.

I had a pedal come loose a couple weeks after using it, the rotation unscrewed itself, and I lost a washer. Easy to find a replacement washer though. This is normal for any bike though, for loosening to happen when you start riding.

They designed the frame and it's kind of like a Helix, more of a Z than an X. The frame is built in China and they install all the components themselves in Toronto. They use really good quality components.

/QUOTE]

Revelo Lift, Kona Door prize
Old 03-24-20, 11:05 AM
bingsu

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
[QUOTE=docpickles;21374849][QUOTE=docpickles;21374843]I have the 16inch model. I like it. On average I rode it once a week.

/QUOTE]

Great! Thanks for the update on your bike. My partner is looking into the 16in and this helps. I ended up getting a 20in version and loving it.
Old 05-09-20, 03:41 PM
zagcollins

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
amazing posts by Flimbs , docpickles and bingsu . Got the 16" Revelo last month for the missus and got the 20" meself. Great bikes.

I find the 16" more fun to ride somehow compared to the 20", while I find the 20" more reliable and comfortable when the ride's a tad longer. I added the Mirrcycle mirror to the 20" bike and it's such a help with all the loonie drivers (both bikes and cars) around.
Old 05-09-20, 11:21 PM
bingsu

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zagcollins
amazing posts by Flimbs , docpickles and bingsu . Got the 16" Revelo last month for the missus and got the 20" meself. Great bikes.

I find the 16" more fun to ride somehow compared to the 20", while I find the 20" more reliable and comfortable when the ride's a tad longer. I added the Mirrcycle mirror to the 20" bike and it's such a help with all the loonie drivers (both bikes and cars) around.

That's great! The 20" I've been riding for a few months now and it's been amazing. Upgraded the handlebars to trekking / butterfly bars and it's been an improvement on my posture and hand ergonomics.

Likes For bingsu:
Old 05-10-20, 08:14 AM
zagcollins

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bingsu This is sick. Did you install it yourself or at a bike shop?
Old 05-10-20, 09:06 AM
bingsu

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
bingsu This is sick. Did you install it yourself or at a bike shop?
Did it myself, and it wasn't too difficult. Had a good time doing micro adjustments to get the angle right for my hands. Now is the perfect time to learn my way around a bike, heh. Also lots of videos on YouTube to help.
Old 05-11-20, 12:35 PM
benjiprice

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is it possible to add mudguards/fenders to the 20” model oneself? Not the flap ones they have on the site but something like SKS mudguards.
Old 05-13-20, 11:47 PM
bingsu

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by benjiprice
Is it possible to add mudguards/fenders to the 20” model oneself? Not the flap ones they have on the site but something like SKS mudguards.
Doesn't seem like it, but I'm not too sure. I do need mudguards tho, that's for sure. The creator is pretty responsive so you could always shoot him an email.
Old 05-23-20, 10:51 AM
zagcollins

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bingsu I use the mudguards they have on my 20-incher and they work well. My wife's bike doesn't have em, and I can clearly see the difference.
Old 05-23-20, 10:55 AM
bingsu

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
bingsu I use the mudguards they have on my 20-incher and they work well. My wife's bike doesn't have em, and I can clearly see the difference.
Nice! The ones on the Revelo site? Or some other brand? Mind sharing a pic?
Old 05-23-20, 11:05 AM
zagcollins

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Their site. Newbie so cannot add URLs.

Last edited by zagcollins; 05-23-20 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Error
Old 08-15-20, 12:23 PM
catoinks

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
docpickles bingsu zagcollins Hi Revelo Lift owners! How are your rides these days, months in? I'm about to get my 16" folder, any thoughts about must-have accessories or mods?
Old 09-17-21, 06:23 PM
jfouellette

Bikes: 1999 Bike friday NWT, 2009 Bike Friday Tikit, 2023 silverock Dewy, 2008 Dahon Smooth Hound, 2023 Litepro Trifold

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 228 Times in 138 Posts
Hi any updates from Revelo owners? I m considering the lift to replace my Dahon Speed so I can carry on public transport.
Old 09-17-21, 07:42 PM
catoinks

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought a 16", then after a year bought a 20", and we use both in my family. I have to admit my 16" is my go-to since it's lighter and easier to transport (for most light leisure purposes), but I love how both are easy to roll while folded and how they fit in my car trunk! Not all folders roll while folded. I'm not a heavy commuter, though, so I don't know what the others have to say.
Old 09-17-21, 11:01 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked 332 Times in 247 Posts
No real fenders = no real interest for me. My folders are to be used in real life, not in photo shoots.
Old 09-18-21, 11:53 AM
jfouellette

Bikes: 1999 Bike friday NWT, 2009 Bike Friday Tikit, 2023 silverock Dewy, 2008 Dahon Smooth Hound, 2023 Litepro Trifold

Originally Posted by 2_i
No real fenders = no real interest for me. My folders are to be used in real life, not in photo shoots.
I wonder how well the Revelo fenders are keeping the rider clean. The look as though they could do the job if the tarmac is wet. Under heavy rain conditions, full fenders probably best. As for me, I don t expect on riding in a downpour. i sense a compromise between better fenders or transportability.
Old 09-18-21, 01:09 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked 332 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by jfouellette
I wonder how well the Revelo fenders are keeping the rider clean. The look as though they could do the job if the tarmac is wet. Under heavy rain conditions, full fenders probably best. As for me, I don t expect on riding in a downpour. i sense a compromise between better fenders or transportability.
Any shield, however partial, helps. In the end, though, it is the issue whether your clothes go straight into the washer after the ride or whether you continue with your life irrespective of what the weather was. My situation is of riding no matter what the weather situation, alternatives practically not existing if the weather turned sour, and duties awaiting at the other end. Some designs are indeed such that coming up with fenders for them means starting another engineering problem maybe just as serious as the original of a convenient fold. People come up with different designs, assuming that this and that will get solved at the very end, but then they never get to addressing the issue.
Old 09-19-21, 06:36 PM
docpickles

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2_i
My real fenders work fine.
edit to add those little wheels really spin fast so the fenders are necessary when wet. But it's road bike tires so the small fenders are fine. I wouldn't use this in winter though.
Old 09-21-21, 01:40 PM
jfouellette

I sent them a message with a few questions about availability, pre-orders etc. Zero answers. I'll let you know if ever they get back to me.
Old 09-24-21, 09:50 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked 821 Times in 570 Posts
Originally Posted by jfouellette
I sent them a message with a few questions about availability, pre-orders etc. Zero answers. I'll let you know if ever they get back to me.
Apparently they're pretty much all sold out. I'd hate to need parts for one of their bikes.

PS: These are pretty much the same fenders/mud guards they're selling, minus the reflective tape. I have these on a couple of my folders,...
Amazon.com : MagiDeal 14/16/20" Front & Rear Mountain Road Bike/Bicycle Fenders Mudguards Set - Black : Sports & Outdoors
Old 09-24-21, 11:05 AM
jfouellette

Originally Posted by tds101
Apparently they're pretty much all sold out. I'd hate to need parts for one of their bikes.

PS: These are pretty much the same fenders/mud guards they're selling, minus the reflective tape. I have these on a couple of my folders,...
Amazon.com : MagiDeal 14/16/20" Front & Rear Mountain Road Bike/Bicycle Fenders Mudguards Set - Black : Sports & Outdoors
Indeed, many supply chains are disrupted. Bicycles even more because of the sharp increase in worldwide demand.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.