Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

All City Macho King feedback

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-21, 05:19 AM
downhillmaster

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 776 Times in 402 Posts

Would it be a good choice as a second bike to be used mainly on the road in bad weather and occasionally on gravel trails?
My road rides rarely exceed 30 miles(except charity events)and the gravel trails I would be riding are not rough.
It seems like a great bike for my purposes but it is a cyclocross bike and I am not familiar with how that geometry affects road riding and that’s what I would be primarily using it for. I am assuming that as my rides are usually 30 miles or less it shouldn’t be much of a factor but figured it can’t hurt to ask.
https://allcitycycles.com/bikes/macho_king_ace
TIA!
Old 10-27-21, 07:26 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,473 Times in 4,181 Posts
- the paint is absolutely killer.
- they spec really solid frames with good details.
- their full builds are never a great deal for cost compared to alternatives or to building your own.

To comment on geometry, we would need to know what your current road bike and size is, as well as what size Macho King you are looking at. Road bikes have different geometry depending on size, brand, and model. Same with CX bikes. There is no general rule that can be followed to know how a CX bike compares to a road bike.
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 10-27-21, 10:08 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
It's the perfect bike if you are a "savage" kind of guy and like to snap into Slim Jims.
Likes For seypat: