Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

New Bike Day - SO DISTRACTED!

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-21, 09:25 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts

I placed an order for a new bike back in January, expecting it to arrive in March, but COVID-World makes everything slower. I got a call last night that the shop has my bike built and I set an appointment to get fitted today after work. But I can't focus ... I want my new bike!

For reference, if you're interested, n+1 is a Bianchi Infinito - it's only the second time I've order a specific bike (I ordered my Pugsley), every other bike I have is something I found on discount (old stock), or was a gift/prize. It's the most I've invested in a bike, by a large margin. This one bike is more money than what I spent on my other 6 bikes combined .... so it's a big deal for me. And like a kid getting new shoes, I'm riding it home from the shop (thank you to Frau Toad for the drive to the LBS).

I'll add a garage door picture to this thread later today or tomorrow morning (depends how late it is when I get home from the maiden flight)

Last edited by Hypno Toad; 05-04-21 at 10:47 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-04-21, 09:38 AM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2577 Post(s)
Liked 5,627 Times in 2,916 Posts
Same feeling of excitement as buying a new car, nervous excitement of anticipation. Congrats and you will love your new ride. What utterly transformed my riding experience was going tubeless. Either way you will love your Bianchi.

Here’s a tease of mine...

Infinito CV

Likes For rsbob:
Old 05-04-21, 10:20 AM
Reflector Guy

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 588 Posts
Stop it now! You guys are going to make me feel inadequate with my regular aluminum Bianchi (even though it is by far the best bike I've ever owned).
Likes For Reflector Guy:
Old 05-04-21, 10:46 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Originally Posted by rsbob
Same feeling of excitement as buying a new car, nervous excitement of anticipation. Congrats and you will love your new ride. What utterly transformed my riding experience was going tubeless. Either way you will love your Bianchi.

Here’s a tease of mine...

Infinito CV
Love the pic!

I've had the Infinito on my radar since Frau Toad got hers 4 years ago. I had the opportunity to test ride the Infinito last fall, riding on roads I ride regularly ... those that know St Paul, MN know that Summit Ave rides like the surface of the moon ... The Infinito made these pot-hole infested roads as smooth as my gravel bike on 45mm tires; and faster than my old Felt road bike. I was blown away!
Old 05-04-21, 01:02 PM
fettsvenska 

Bikes: 1978 Raleigh Competition-1974 Raleigh Folder-1983 Austro Daimler-198? Fuji Monterey-Surly LHT-Surly Karate Monkey-Surly Cross Check

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 54 Posts
I know how you feel. I've got the same thing going on and I'm starting to get "the shakes" a little bit. I live in Eastern Washington but the only place that I could find the bike that I wanted in my size is an LBS down in Eugene, Oregon. The bike is bought and paid for and assembled but I can't get down there until Memorial Day weekend. I keep looking at pictures of it.
Old 05-04-21, 01:13 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Originally Posted by fettsvenska
I know how you feel. I've got the same thing going on and I'm starting to get "the shakes" a little bit. I live in Eastern Washington but the only place that I could find the bike that I wanted in my size is an LBS down in Eugene, Oregon. The bike is bought and paid for and assembled but I can't get down there until Memorial Day weekend. I keep looking at pictures of it.
For real, I've been looking at pics of this bike for months ... Enjoy your new bike and hope you can hold it together for a couple more weeks!
Old 05-04-21, 02:05 PM
OkFine

Bikes: Bianchi Sempre Veloce eTap, Poseidon X, Cannondale F5,

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 11 Posts
Nothing better than a new Bianchi. I've loved all of mine.

Recently I had a gun stock painted to match my Bianchi so while it wasn't a new bike day per se, I still had the same anxiety the day I was going to pick it up lol.
Likes For OkFine:
Old 05-04-21, 02:43 PM
kahn

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
I placed an order for a new bike back in January, expecting it to arrive in March, but COVID-World makes everything slower. I got a call last night that the shop has my bike built and I set an appointment to get fitted today after work. But I can't focus ... I want my new bike!

For reference, if you're interested, n+1 is a Bianchi Infinito - it's only the second time I've order a specific bike (I ordered my Pugsley), every other bike I have is something I found on discount (old stock), or was a gift/prize. It's the most I've invested in a bike, by a large margin. This one bike is more money than what I spent on my other 6 bikes combined .... so it's a big deal for me. And like a kid getting new shoes, I'm riding it home from the shop (thank you to Frau Toad for the drive to the LBS).

I'll add a garage door picture to this thread later today or tomorrow morning (depends how late it is when I get home from the maiden flight)
Nice looking bike. As I wrote elsewhere, I found an old Bianchi saddle in my garage that matches the color. The bike is long gone at a garage sale.

Enjoy
Likes For kahn:
Old 05-05-21, 06:12 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

That was totally worth the wait! This bike is so nice and serious upgrade from what I've had. If your interested, Grand Performance is an outstanding Bianchi dealer in St Paul, MN

Old 05-05-21, 07:22 AM
Jumpski

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito CV disk, and rim brake

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 61 Posts
Great choice on the Bianchi. No doubt, celeste is the ultimate bike color.
Likes For Jumpski:
Old 05-05-21, 08:46 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Originally Posted by Jumpski
Great choice on the Bianchi. No doubt, celeste is the ultimate bike color.
The shop had this same bike, in my size, in stealth black ... I love the color on any other brand of bike. BUT BIANCHI MUST BE CELESTE!
Likes For Hypno Toad:
Old 05-05-21, 09:15 AM
Reflector Guy

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 588 Posts
I am so overcome by the awesomeness of Celeste that to my eyes even the lettering on the sign looks to be that color!
Likes For Reflector Guy:
Old 05-05-21, 11:33 PM
Noahma

Bikes: 2022 Orbea Orca M20Team, 2017 Orbea Avant M40, 2019 Trek Checkpoint ALR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Congratz. Love new bike day! I was ready to plunk down some pretty change on a MyO Orbea Orca this year, but unfortunately I was just a couple months too late and they were completely sold out. I have one being reserved for the next model year. I know that anticipation well lol.

The only color I think belongs on a Bianchi is the Celeste!
Likes For Noahma:
Old 05-06-21, 05:31 AM
GaryZim

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Congrats on the New Bike

The New Bike feeling of excitement is great, thanks for sharing. I have a New Bike coming tomorrow.
Likes For GaryZim: