Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Concorde is finally done

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Concorde is finally done

Old 12-11-20, 06:37 PM
Kekec1965

Bikes: Several, to many to list, mainly vintage British build. From A-Z of brands there are two letters missing, X&Y.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 207 Times in 60 Posts
Very nice bike, congrats. Funny you have mentioned Billato as they seem to like to put on that Columbus Squadra Corse sticker on their bikes. Have Billato and Marin one built by Billato, both sporting that sticker on. I think your frame paint is real deal, so less is more in terms of additional stickers on.

On Marin I have removed everything that is not under a coat of lacquer, including wheels, for the frame to stand out.
Old 12-11-20, 07:41 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 2300 Post(s)
Liked 4,764 Times in 1,725 Posts
Originally Posted by Kekec1965
Very nice bike, congrats. Funny you have mentioned Billato as they seem to like to put on that Columbus Squadra Corse sticker on their bikes. Have Billato and Marin one built by Billato, both sporting that sticker on. I think your frame paint is real deal, so less is more in terms of additional stickers on.

On Marin I have removed everything that is not under a coat of lacquer, including wheels, for the frame to stand out.
Nice Marin,

I wonder if the Columbus Stickers were more a marketing thing by Columbus? I 've seen talk on these stickers from a bunch of different bikes. Maybe it's at least another way to narrow down a date on some bikes if it was a Columbus marketing thing for a certain number or years. Total speculation of course. I'm still just going back and forth on if I like them on there or not. I did put some protective film on the head tube today while I thought of it.

Snowing here now so I don't know if I'm going to get a test ride on this before spring now. Don't like taking the good stuff out if they have started putting salt and chemicals on the winter roads. Started sorting out a new location in the house for the rollers and spare TV today.
Old 12-12-20, 12:02 AM
LittleGinseng 
lurking nightrider

Bikes: '84 Lotus Supreme, '85 Club Fuji, '86 Schwinn Peloton, '87 DS Ironman Expert, '87 Maruishi Professional, '88 Takara

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 34 Posts
Love it!
"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys." Orson Welles
Old 12-12-20, 09:11 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Shared this with the seller in France I got the bike from. He didn't think it would be Aelle. I did expect it to weigh more if Aelle but can't pin down this model on the internet as much as I search. I do know that the 1985 SL tubed Martelly bike I have has a smaller than 27.2 seatpost on it and the "mystery" Lecoulant bike has a smaller seatpost despite every other indication being a high end bike. Not that it really matters as sweet as the bike looks but I'm still very curious.
Old 01-01-21, 10:35 AM
jamesdak 

Well, finally got in the last few pieces of cosmetic stuff for this one. Put them on this morning and then took it out in the freezing cold to update the pics. You'll also notice that I have removed most of those Columbus stickers.

Sorry for the poor shots this morning, handholding and manually focusing the shots while outside shivering in about 20 degree weather does not yield the best shots. Especially after 4 mugs of coffee, LOL!

Last edited by jamesdak; 01-01-21 at 01:57 PM.
Likes For jamesdak:
Old 01-01-21, 02:41 PM
jamesdak 

Was so tempted to take this out today but glad I didn't. Lots of ice along the route today. Not worried about possibly wrecking ol' Jake the Snake.
Old 01-26-21, 07:09 PM
jamesdak 

Well, my time with this bike took on a strange finish. With the Stella, Fishlips, Olmo and Oschner bikes still to be sorted out I realized I'm still out of room with all the bikes. So on a whim I threw the Concorde up for sale locally, trying to truthfully advertise it as freshly built and unridden. Sold quickly to a cool guy looking for a nice bike. So for once I got a sweet old ride back on the road that I didn't even get the chance to put a miles on. I hope the new owner is really happy with this one. I know I sure like how it turned out.
Old 01-26-21, 11:01 PM
diphthong

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Liked 3,087 Times in 1,670 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
Well, my time with this bike took on a strange finish. With the Stella, Fishlips, Olmo and Oschner bikes still to be sorted out I realized I'm still out of room with all the bikes. So on a whim I threw the Concorde up for sale locally, trying to truthfully advertise it as freshly built and unridden. Sold quickly to a cool guy looking for a nice bike. So for once I got a sweet old ride back on the road that I didn't even get the chance to put a miles on. I hope the new owner is really happy with this one. I know I sure like how it turned out.
lucky guy. really liked your build and the frame looked like mint. definitely put concorde on my radar.
Old 01-27-21, 10:06 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts

Nice touch on the bar ends, I like it!
Likes For jadocs:
Old 01-27-21, 11:31 AM
bOsscO
bOsscO

Bikes: 2015 Norco Search S1, 93 Mongoose IBOC COMP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 211 Posts
Originally Posted by BFisher
Great pics of what looks like a fantastic build! Nice little accents with the finishing tape and bar end plugs. Thanks for posting.
I was thinking the same thing with the yellow touches on the saddle and pedals. Excellent work on the build jamesdak and good for you for selling it to the right buyer.
Likes For bOsscO:
Old 01-27-21, 01:05 PM
Rocket-Sauce 
Port

Bikes: 2022 Soma Fog Cutter, 2021 Calfee Draqonfly 44, 1984 Peter Mooney, 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Liked 1,802 Times in 1,037 Posts
When I read the title, I immediately thought "Another bike brand is going away. Wait... Concorde is still around?"

That is one seriously sexy bike. I remember hearing that some Concordes built by Pelizzoli... This one certainly looks high end enough to be one of his.
Old 01-27-21, 01:29 PM
jamesdak 

Originally Posted by Rocket-Sauce
When I read the title, I immediately thought "Another bike brand is going away. Wait... Concorde is still around?"

That is one seriously sexy bike. I remember hearing that some Concordes built by Pelizzoli... This one certainly looks high end enough to be one of his.
Roberto Billato confirmed awhile ago on their facebook page that they made it. It is a nicely done bike. One of the "prettier" ones I've built.

I still need room in the bike cave though as it is full. The Miyata 914SE is in the garage waiting for a full service, the Fishlips is on the bike stand being repainted, the Olmo is in the spare front room waiting to get built and the Stella is in the living room. Eventually they all need to find room in the bike cave or with a new home. Hmmmm............which one is next to rehome?
Old 01-27-21, 01:37 PM
Jsendin

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
looks fast!
Old 01-27-21, 02:37 PM
Crankstank 

Bikes: 2008 Rodriguez Adventure, 1995 TiCycles, 1995 KHS Montana Pro Custom, 2012 Surly Troll, 1976 Azuki Gran Sport Custom Frankenbike, 1974 Schwinn Sports Tourer, 1976 Schwinn Superior, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 16 Posts
Normally I don't like yellow but this is perfect.
Old 01-27-21, 04:24 PM
bOsscO
bOsscO

Bikes: 2015 Norco Search S1, 93 Mongoose IBOC COMP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 211 Posts
Roberto Billato confirmed awhile ago on their facebook page that they made it. It is a nicely done bike. One of the "prettier" ones I've built.

I still need room in the bike cave though as it is full. The Miyata 914SE is in the garage waiting for a full service, the Fishlips is on the bike stand being repainted, the Olmo is in the spare front room waiting to get built and the Stella is in the living room. Eventually they all need to find room in the bike cave or with a new home. Hmmmm............which one is next to rehome?
I'll take something in a 58cm frame size please and thanks
Likes For bOsscO:
Old 01-27-21, 04:57 PM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 299 Posts
wow too nice to ride almost