Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bianchi Catalog Treasure Trove Plus other Stuff

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-22, 01:48 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts

I've mentioned this in a few post and I think I am almost done, at least with the Bianchi part...for now. I have scanned and uploaded to facebook all my US market and Bianchi USA catalogs from 1980 or maybe 1981, not sure the exact year on this one, to 1998. There are also some other misc. Bianchi catalogs and brochures. There is also lots of late '80s Campagnolo stuff and information about other brands. There is even more to come.

I have a '99 Catalog but I am not sure how scan it. Unlike most other catalogs it is bound not just folded and stapled, plus it's smaller size 8x6.5 will make it awkward to scan. The '96 Reparto Carse brochure is just too big for my scanner, as is the poster for 2001. These are all scanned in at 600dpi and look pretty clear to me. Unlike some sites these catalogs don't just have a few top models, they are complete catalogs from front cover to rear page.

** I changed the link and this should take you right to my photo albums. https://www.facebook.com/trina.brady.71/photos_albums

No Year Specified

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 01-17-22 at 01:22 PM. Reason: change link
Old 01-15-22, 02:49 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3871 Post(s)
Liked 2,568 Times in 1,579 Posts
THANK YOU BIANCHIGIRLL!

(Cool choice of FB avatar, too. )
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498
Likes For ThermionicScott:
Old 01-16-22, 01:35 AM
icemilkcoffee 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1559 Post(s)
Liked 1,733 Times in 973 Posts
That is awesome! These should be put on Velobase where more people can access them
Likes For icemilkcoffee:
Old 01-16-22, 04:12 AM
John Nolan 

Bikes: Raleigh Classic 15, 84; Miyata 912, 85; Miyata Ridge Runner SE, 85; Miyata 610, 86; Miyata 100M, 86; Miyata Valley Runner, 88; Miyata Triple Cross, 89; GT Karakoram, 90; Miyata Elevation 300, 91; Marinoni Touring, 95; Long Haul Trucker, 2013

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 80 Posts
Great stuff!
Likes For John Nolan:
Old 01-16-22, 06:38 AM
Maohaus

Bikes: Fuji, Colnago, Trek, Raleigh, Motobecane, Araya, Famolare, Elgin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 38 Posts
Yes, I agree about velobase! What a great collection, although I don't know what years I am looking at as they are all in one big file (plus I generally hate supporting Fakebook!).
Likes For Maohaus:
Old 01-17-22, 12:04 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by Maohaus
Yes, I agree about velobase! What a great collection, although I don't know what years I am looking at as they are all in one big file (plus I generally hate supporting Fakebook!).
There may be an issue with velobase as I scanned all these in a jpegs and not pdf. Try this link it should show the individual albums. https://www.facebook.com/trina.brady.71/photos_albums

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 01-17-22, 01:53 PM
Maohaus

That works great! thank you. Mark
Likes For Maohaus:
Old 01-17-22, 03:57 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

We got sent home early because of the weather so I've been hard at work scanning and up loading again.

1999 Bianchi USA

1994 Clement

Regina Extra 1992

Colnago 1989

1992 Campagnolo Road Range as well as Off Road and Rims/wheels

1995 Campagnolo Product Range

And a few other things. I have to look as see what I have for early to mid '90s parts catalogs. I think they are just too big to scan but we'll see. I have other misc information like Uni Disc, I think I sell have some old Mavic and other odds and ends

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 01-17-22, 04:01 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

OH yeah look at this , typed and mimeographed Ergo instructions

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 01-17-22, 05:54 PM
Maohaus

Wow, thank you for uploading so much great information. I have been pouring over the Bianchi catalogs you uploaded to get a clearer idea of which Bianchi I have - It was gifted to me a few years ago and is in the queue for restoration this winter. I would appreciate any clues you can give to me regarding the model and year. It is full Columbus / Shimano tricolor 600 / Made in Italy. I am thinking mid to late 80's perhaps a "Limited"? Here are some photos

Old 01-17-22, 06:10 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Wow, thank you for uploading so much great information. I have been pouring over the Bianchi catalogs you uploaded to get a clearer idea of which Bianchi I have - It was gifted to me a few years ago and is in the queue for restoration this winter. I would appreciate any clues you can give to me regarding the model and year. It is full Columbus / Shimano tricolor 600 / Made in Italy. I am thinking mid to late 80's perhaps a "Limited"? Here are some photos

you’re welcome. SBX frames date to around ‘92-93ish. They came as complete bikes and frame/fork

It might be this but with different rims

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 01-17-22 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-18-22, 09:01 AM
Maohaus

Thank you Trina (aka BianchiGirl). I have followed your lead and believe this bike is likely a 1993 Reparto Corse SBX . It is very similar to the Ultegra STI but I suspect that this was a custom build using the Shimano 600 TriColor.. This looks a bit rough because of being stored for so many years, but this bike should restore beautifully when cleaned and polished.

I was so blessed to get this bike as I always dreamed of owning a Celeste Bianchi. Thanks again for your contributions to the classic and vintage bike world and for your help to my questions specifically!
Old 01-19-22, 02:52 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Thank you Trina (aka BianchiGirl). I have followed your lead and believe this bike is likely a 1993 Reparto Corse SBX . It is very similar to the Ultegra STI but I suspect that this was a custom build using the Shimano 600 TriColor.. This looks a bit rough because of being stored for so many years, but this bike should restore beautifully when cleaned and polished.

I was so blessed to get this bike as I always dreamed of owning a Celeste Bianchi. Thanks again for your contributions to the classic and vintage bike world and for your help to my questions specifically!
Ultegra and Tricolor are the same thing

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 01-19-22, 09:13 AM
Maohaus

Ahhhh, right you are, yet again! This bike is indeed a 1993 Reparto Corse SBX Ultegra STI. The previous owner swapped out the sew-ups for Araya clinchers but otherwise it is stock. Thanks again for your help.
Likes For Maohaus:
Old 01-19-22, 09:33 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3898 Post(s)
Liked 4,830 Times in 2,228 Posts
Not a FaceBooker,
But I have been wondering the year (mid-80s?) and model of frames made with 'Formula One’ tubing. And the tubes defined as Formula One.

here is a post by @verktyg from '16 that gives a bit of info.
Bike Forums - View Single Post - Bianchi Special by Columbus

Last edited by Wildwood; 01-19-22 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-19-22, 12:37 PM
John E
feros ferio

Bikes: 1959 Capo Modell Campagnolo; 1960 Capo Sieger (2); 1962 Carlton Franco Suisse; 1970 Peugeot UO-8; 1982 Bianchi Campione d'Italia; 1988 Schwinn Project KOM-10;

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1392 Post(s)
Liked 1,324 Times in 836 Posts
Thank you! Mine, built in December 1981, is an exact match for, component-for-component, of the 1982 Campione d'Italia, except for the metallic charcoal ("Ralph Lauren brown") frame color, which looks very much like the Nuovo Racing specimen pictured. I wonder if the two models have the same TreTubi frameset. (Can anyone tell me the difference between Falck and Aelle forks and stays?)

Mystery Bianchi. December 1981 date code. OEM components matched 1982 Campione d'Italia exactly, but frame color matches Nuovo Racing photo, but not color listing, in 1982 catalog. Whatever it is, it is a delight to ride.
Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
Bianchi: 1982 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069

Last edited by John E; 01-19-22 at 12:40 PM.
Likes For John E:
Old 01-19-22, 06:10 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by Wildwood
Not a FaceBooker,
But I have been wondering the year (mid-80s?) and model of frames made with 'Formula One’ tubing. And the tubes defined as Formula One.

here is a post by @verktyg from '16 that gives a bit of info.
Bike Forums - View Single Post - Bianchi Special by Columbus

The Formula I tubeset was only used on the ‘86 Vittoria, wif Campi Victory, and the Trofeo with the typical mix

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 01-19-22, 06:42 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3898 Post(s)
Liked 4,830 Times in 2,228 Posts
Thank you @Bianchigirll.

I wonder why the tube composition on Bianchi's 'Superset' and 'Formula' framesets are not more widely known?
Old 01-19-22, 07:02 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,828 Times in 1,995 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
OH yeah look at this , typed and mimeographed Ergo instructions

thanks! for posting that here complete. Another FB avoider I am.
Old 01-19-22, 08:32 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 2337 Post(s)
Liked 2,819 Times in 1,540 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
We got sent home early because of the weather so I've been hard at work scanning and up loading again.

And a few other things. I have to look as see what I have for early to mid '90s parts catalogs. I think they are just too big to scan but we'll see. I have other misc information like Uni Disc, I think I sell have some old Mavic and other odds and ends
fun to get a snow day as an adult as much as any of us are adults

Old 01-19-22, 11:39 PM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 654 Posts
1981-82-83 Bianchi Campione Models

Originally Posted by John E
Thank you! Mine, built in December 1981, is an exact match for, component-for-component, of the 1982 Campione d'Italia, except for the metallic charcoal ("Ralph Lauren brown") frame color, which looks very much like the Nuovo Racing specimen pictured. I wonder if the two models have the same TreTubi frameset. (Can anyone tell me the difference between Falck and Aelle forks and stays?)

Mystery Bianchi. December 1981 date code. OEM components matched 1982 Campione d'Italia exactly, but frame color matches Nuovo Racing photo, but not color listing, in 1982 catalog. Whatever it is, it is a delight to ride.
John, The big 5 European makers - Peugeot, Motobecane, Gitane, Raleigh and Bianchi produced a lot of slightly different models during the 1980s. Many were similar but equipped for specific markets like France, The UK, The US, The Netherlands, Germany, the East Block and so on. Some were same named models but were completely different bikes!

In 1981 Bianchi started marketing a bike that they'd made for the Belgian National Amateur Team. They came with a hodgepodge of Campagnolo components. It was called it the Campione Del Mondo.

They sold this model unchanged from 1981 to 1983 and they were available in both Celeste and black. Probably the last models with red decals.

The Campione Del Mondo came with Campy Gran Sport cranks with cut away large chain rings some of which were pantographed with a "B", Gran Sport headsets, brake calipers, and pedals, small flange Nuovo Tipo hubs with Nuovo Record QRs, fluted and pantographed Record seatposts, Nuovo Record derailleurs and levers plus Super Record brake levers. Also a pantographed 3TTT stem. As I mentioned, a hodgepodge!

1981 Campione Del Mondo Catalog page - Note: A UK Website lists this as a 1982 Catalog. New catalogs came out in the fall of the previous year so this may have been published in 1981 for the 1982 model year???

1983 model year Campione Del Mondo again in Celeste or black.

Back in 2008 I picked up this 1981 Campione Del Mondo. It's an amazing riding bike, in my top 10 favorites.

After a number of years of trying to find out what tubing the "Tretubi" used in that bike was made of I finally found the information below in the 1982-3 ??? catalog spec sheet.

The main tubes are most likely Columbus SL on the 59cm and smaller frames with SP in the larger sizes. The forks and stays are Columbus Aelle.

Complete specs from the 1982 catalog. (copied from velo-pages.com)

The Campione D'Italia was almost the same bike with a Tretubi frame except with less expensive Modolo brakes plus Ofmega cranks and hubs instead of Campy. They came in Celeste or white.

Here's the 1982 catalog page showing the Nuovo Racing model:

The Nuovo Racing was a less fancy model with some lower priced components. The Tretubi frame had Falck forks and stays. I'd read that the main tubes may have been Columbus Cromor butted tubing rather than SL or SP but that tubing didn't come out until later???

Falck tubing wasn't too shabby! It was used for years and some top name bikes. Legnano and Frejus used Falck interchangeably with Reynolds 531.

The info contained in the website below has been researched and is as good an any thing you'll find about bikes on the internet. It contains a number of early 80's Bianchi catalogs:

https://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/

BTW, I posted this back in 2016: https://www.bikeforums.net/19163624-post6.html

@Bianchigirll's post above above about Bianchi Formula 1 only being used for a short time on 2 models is an interesting observation.

Hope this helps....

verktyg

Chas. ;-)

Last edited by verktyg; 02-13-22 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-13-22, 11:11 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bump Bump Bump

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 02-13-22, 11:19 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

I've be fighting the scanner again my frozen cycling friends. Check out these goodies

Somehow I happen to a 1996 LOOK catalog.

DeRosa '89 and another little pamphlet of unknown year.

'86 Bertoni plus pics of my Bertonis tagged along

1990 Gary Fisher (pre Trek)

Gois I don't know the year but everything seems to have Oria tubing

Todson 1995, the then current Colnago importer

Mercian unknown year.. They offer a 62cm Mixtie!!!

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 04-08-22, 03:33 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bumpity bump.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 04-08-22, 03:43 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Good Morning. I was just think how glad I am I tried to scan all my catalogs and uploaded them to facebook, and I’m not done yet.

there is some great stuff there and you troglodytes should get your grand kids to show you how to get there. they are in my albums at Trina Brady.

1985 Bianchi USA specs.

Nuovo Victory

Athena

Self explanatory but the whole catalog is there

The bicycle museum in Ohio

Look I think ‘93

Lonely desert bike. I was there for almost two weeks and thought I might bring her home.

Qatar 2010. I forget why we went there but we were to be on the ground the typical 18-20 hours but the jet broke. Something to do with the rudder feel/ feed back. The Crew Chief’s attempt at repair was to shut the power from the APU off for about 5 seconds and it didn’t reset. I suggested shutting down the APU for 5 minutes to reset everything but they knew better. A little over two weeks later when the specialist showed with the part, and knowledge, he fired up the APU and everything worked fine. It of course broke when we stopped at NAS Rota in Spain. Had the Crew Chief listened to mewe could have spent two weeks in Spain instead of of a desert compound.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 04-08-22 at 03:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.