Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Pelvic Tilt and Saddle Tilt (I think I nailed it)

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-22, 01:55 PM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 261 Times in 129 Posts

I’ve been tweaking fit and have had several professional bike fittings last couple years. I was still getting sore neck and upper back due to some spinal issues (nothing serious).

Recently I went to a shorter stem and less drop. That helped. I then focused on slight tilting my pelvis forward. That really helped neck etc but I over did it and suffered low/mid back issues (after zero problems ever). Today I changed the saddle tilt slightly (more level vs nose down) and had a more neutral pelvis with a lot less tilt. Bingo! Not only did my whole body feel better, but I had more power. I also felt like I had better control on descents and more neck mobility to look around comfortably.
Old 09-06-22, 02:03 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6187 Post(s)
Liked 4,806 Times in 3,315 Posts
Good for you. Glad to see that you are trying stuff out to see what it does for you. It's especially good that you seem to be aware of what your body position is. For many it only seems that they have a pain or they don't. What their body is doing at that time they don't seem to know or care.

Also realize that sometimes after a change, things might feel funny or odd, but if you give it several rides to get use to it. Some pay a fitter big dollars to get a fit, but when it feels funny to them after the first ride they change everything back to what they were use to. Go figure!
Old 09-06-22, 02:43 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 4802 Post(s)
Liked 3,922 Times in 2,551 Posts
I am a huge proponent of "riding with the wrenches". The tools for seatpin, clamp, stem , bars (and brake levers for those early rides on a bike before the handlebar tape goes on). Tweak, ride, observe (both during the ride and how I feel afterwards).

I've got two bikes with identical fit (despite different seats and slightly different handlebars) that are that "ahhh!" Doesn't matter if it's flat, up or down, wind in back or in front. (Well my legs aren't fully on board with that.)
Likes For 79pmooney: