Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Build Sanity check Winspace T1500

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-22, 10:41 AM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 135 Times in 89 Posts

I decided to do my first custom build in a Winspace T1500 Disc. The frameset just shipped and I have received most of the parts. Anything that I am missing?

* Winspace T1500 Disc Frameset size Small 44cm. Includes fork, seat post, carbon rail adapter, headset, spacers, stoppers, thru axles, and I believe even a Garmin mount
* Winspace Zero Integrated Bar and Stem 95X380
* Hunt 44 UD Wheels already setup w/ Continental GP5000 28, tubes, SRAM Paceline 1600 F/R rotors and SRAM Rival XG1250 10-30 cassette
*Prime Primavera Carbon Rail Saddle
*Set of Supacaz Super Sticky Kush Black Tape
*SRAM DUB Road Bottom Bracket BB86
*SRAM Rival AXS Crankset 165mm 2x12 48/35T
*SRAM Rival eTap AXS RD (no Battery but I have spare ones)
*SRAM Rival eTap AXS FD Braze-On
*SRAM Rival Flattop Chain 12 Speed
*SRAM Rival eTap AXS Hydraulic Disc Brake/Shifter sets Right and Left
* Two carbon cages from Amazon
* Shimano 105 SPD-L pedals
* K-Edge Pro chain catcher, will this work with SRAM Rival AXS FD?

I am going to have a shop build it up since I don't have the tools or experience to do so, but is there anything I am missing?

Thanks
Old 08-01-22, 09:58 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked 1,652 Times in 779 Posts
It looks like you've got just about everything covered. If you don't, the shop will let you know.
Not sure about the chain catcher. I'm running a Rival 12 speed. Properly adjusted, you shouldn't have any issues.
Old 08-01-22, 02:20 PM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 135 Times in 89 Posts
Yeah my main bike has Rival AXS eTap as well and I wanted to put on a chain catcher after I bought it but my LBS keeps telling me you don't need a chain catcher and if he put on on it would be more of a hassle since setting up 12 speed can be finicky. I figure why not with this build since it's being built from the ground up.

Have you had any drops with your Rival 12 speed? Most people I speak to claim if properly setup it doesn't need a catcher while I have red others who had their FD drop the chain a handful of times
Old 08-02-22, 03:45 PM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked 1,652 Times in 779 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrasero
Have you had any drops with your Rival 12 speed? Most people I speak to claim if properly setup it doesn't need a catcher while I have red others who had their FD drop the chain a handful of times
None. Then again, I didn't have any on my Di2 bike, either. Anything not properly adjusted will give you issues.
Likes For Bald Paul: