Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

CT Guy here

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-18, 06:56 AM
IvyGodivy
Gravel Rider

Bikes: 2019 Trek Checkpoint ALR5 | Trek Farley 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CT Guy here

I am guy that lives in the Newtown CT area and not the hardcore kind but do love to ride; seems like a contradiction doesn't it? Anyway, my hobbies are listed in my profile and recently made a pre-order for a Gravel bike from Trek.

The main reason for this is I ride more standard bike paths and some (not exactly sure on the term for it) dirt paths. I tend to bring the mountain bike when I am not sure what I am getting myself into, but if it's something my hybrid can handle that is the preferred bike for I can get more speed than compared to the mountain bike.

The reason I ordered a 2019 Gravel bike is due to those flying past me on their street and gravel bikes and I had enough. So selling the Crosstrail, and replacing it with the Gravel bike for the intention of getting faster. I know some might say it's more the man than the bike and that is true to a point.The bike ordered is rigid where the Crosstrail is heavier due to have shocks in the front. Plus there is the whole aerodynamics thing.

Anyway, while I have said I am not the spandex rider, I have to say after getting sized up for the 2019 I am going to invest in spandex and definitely biker shorts with the padding.

Willing to meet and ride but not into the whole riding on the street thing; I prefer bike paths. However, I have considered driving to certain areas and riding around town. For instance I grew up in Stamford CT where my mom still lives, and I am known to show up there with my bike and ride around town, going through corporate building parking lots, taking paths less traveled and with that you need either a mountain, hybrid, gravel well you get the idea. In short while I am in my 40's I am still a kid at heart.

I am a blunt but down to earth guy. I tend to forget my filter more times than not. If you see me most likely I will be wearing a waist bag, so don't laugh at me.

Want to know more or meet up let me know. Please note I been slacking so not up to speed yet but getting there.

P.S.

With my fiance talking over and over again about Vermont and seeing videos and pictures I am so itching to go ride there. So willing to meet people and ride around and stuff and depending how far I have driven might stay overnight. But that has to be coordinated with the lady since we have 4 dogs and 2 cats that are our children.

Last edited by IvyGodivy; 07-23-18 at 07:10 AM.
Old 07-23-18, 11:43 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3089 Post(s)
Liked 6,590 Times in 3,780 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums! Great introduction. Be sure to check out our Northeast regional forum.
Old 07-23-18, 07:32 PM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,620 Times in 2,123 Posts
Welcome! Good intro. Hope you enjoy being here.

Old 07-23-18, 08:36 PM
etw

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Hey-

Check out Ridgefield Bicycle Sport Club. Lots of different rides and activities- road, mountain, bike paths and gravel. Great people.

https://www.ridgefieldbicycle.com/ab...-club-pg76.htm
Old 07-23-18, 09:35 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,173 Times in 1,464 Posts
Welcome. The nice thing about cycling is they us all kids at heart.
Old 07-25-18, 10:25 AM
Jock Crayaan

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, CT fairly well represented here on the forum. Cheers Ivy from an ex CT boy myself...