Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from SLC, UT!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from SLC, UT!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-17, 09:56 PM
VitSports6

Bikes: '92 Trek sour grape 850, DS2 '95 CA&S ZXT tandem, '15 Specialized Rock Hopper 29'r

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts
Hello from SLC, UT!

Hi all,

I thought I would introduce myself, My name is Brian, I joined this forum since I purchased an older Tandem bike locally, This was the only forum I found any information about it and that was only one thread... Anyhow, Its a Composite Art and Science tandem, I liked it and everything seemed to be in very nice shape, It obviously need some of the consumable items replaced, Like tires and tubes, But other than that it seems to be a nice ride!

My plans for it? My daughter who is Visually Impaired and I are starting our training for the Salt Lake Marathons Bike Tour, We will bike the course that the Marathon take, This coming April.

I'm more of a distance runner, But I sure enjoy biking, I have two other Mountain Bikes, I mainly use for commuting once or twice a week and it's a great way to enjoy time with the family, I wonder if I should pick up swimming and give Triathlons a shot?!?

Have a great week!

Brian
Old 02-14-17, 10:03 PM
no1mad 
Thunder Whisperer

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Welcome aboard

It's cool that you managed to find a rig that (hopefully) fits the both of you.
Old 02-19-17, 02:13 PM
coominya

Bikes: Giant ToughRoad Giant talon

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 705 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Welcome mate. Enjoy your time here.
Old 02-19-17, 03:49 PM
805Speed

Bikes: 3G, Schwinn, Trek

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy!
Old 04-05-17, 11:39 AM
VitSports6

Bikes: '92 Trek sour grape 850, DS2 '95 CA&S ZXT tandem, '15 Specialized Rock Hopper 29'r

Thank all!

We are well intoo Ur training, as the race is in a little over two weeks.
Old 04-05-17, 12:28 PM
Zoroman

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome!

Tandems are their very own circus act!

Enjoy!

And you can take up Triathlons (as long as you don't make everyone suffer through listening to your training regiment or what you ate the past week!) Hahahaa.... I say this only because I trained and did my first Triathlon a couple of years ago but quickly fell out of love with the sport because so many participants are insufferable with telling you all about their regime or their diet or their times, or their body fat index, or their bricks......... (Narcissism reigns widely.)
Old 04-05-17, 12:33 PM
VitSports6

Originally Posted by Zoroman
Welcome!

Tandems are their very own circus act!

Enjoy!

And you can take up Triathlons (as long as you don't make everyone suffer through listening to your training regiment or what you ate the past week!) Hahahaa.... I say this only because I trained and did my first Triathlon a couple of years ago but quickly fell out of love with the sport because so many participants are insufferable with telling you all about their regime or their diet or their times, or their body fat index, or their bricks......... (Narcissism reigns widely.)
Ha Ha!

Thank you, I totally understand where you are coming from, I'm an ultra runner, we like to talk about toenails and other foot issues, I'm not a swimmer, so it would take quite a bit to get me doing Tri's.

Have a great week!
Old 04-05-17, 12:53 PM
Zoroman

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by VitSports6
Ha Ha!

Thank you, I totally understand where you are coming from, I'm an ultra runner, we like to talk about toenails and other foot issues, I'm not a swimmer, so it would take quite a bit to get me doing Tri's.

Have a great week!
HAAA! Indeed, I don't mind when people within a group talk within their circle about the issues they collectively face, but when you make EVERYONE suffer through hearing about "Tri stuff", THAT is what makes them in general (and not all) insufferable.

This guy nails it:

Hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Old 04-05-17, 06:47 PM
VitSports6

OH my hell, That was spot on!