Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Huffy Men's Parkview 27.5 SE 2020 Specs

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Huffy Men's Parkview 27.5 SE 2020 Specs

Old 12-23-20, 05:51 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3649 Post(s)
Liked 5,382 Times in 2,732 Posts
Originally Posted by BlindGuyRides
So uncharitably. I'm doing this out of spite for someone here daring me to.
Please have mercy on your fellow BF members and have this moved to the Blog section.
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 12-23-20, 06:44 AM
Herzlos

Bikes: Way too many

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 894 Post(s)
Liked 605 Times in 362 Posts
I'm all for it as a learning experience. I've started doing similar with my wifes bike; I got her a $75 used big box bike she likes but it's about 4lbs too heavy for our bike rack so I'm going to try and do some weight saving upgrades whilst keeping the frame she wants. Good investment of time and money? Absolutely not. Good learning experience? Absolutely.

Modifying things to make them easier to use is also a good idea. Have you spotted the Adapted Cycling subforum on here?
Likes For Herzlos:
Old 12-23-20, 09:00 AM
Charliekeet

Bikes: S-Works Stumpjumper HT Disc, Fuji Absolute, Kona Jake the Snake, '85 Cannondale SR900

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 142 Posts
Last my eyes were checked 20/500 without correction, 20/300 with, and it's been a few years since then. I have never been able to drive and my eyesight is getting worse due to age. e-books are a godsend because otherwise i would have to have gone up to large print text a decade ago (and even when text is readable to me I have to get basically nose distance for it to feel comfortable to read.)

As for your observations. As I have stated above. In a prior thread someone else, perhaps derisively or sarcastically, said since documentation does not exist. Make it. Plus my want to have a knowledge of how everything fits when it is in proper order rather than 'oh crap a crank broke' or 'the breaks did a wierd thing' or some other malady.

I prefer to take it as a learning experience.

Hi, here's what I said in one of your previous threads - it was neither derisive nor sarcastic, nor was it a dare:

... I'd guess the rear freewheel is 14 to 28 tooth, but that's just a guess based off of other bikes. No idea what the front chainring is toothwise. No handlebar measurements. No listing for replacement parts that 'best fit' nothing.
The included manual is a generalist affair that gives no real specific help past basic mantinancing. Leaves a newbie like me frustrated.

OK, yeah, they're not going to provide a lot of that, so why don't you check and note that here? How many teeth do you count? Next person who buys this bike will Google it and find your info here, which will be helpful.
Anyway, I didn't know the mods would close your thread, but I was suggesting you note it within the discussion of your bike and our upgrade info & suggestions.
Old 12-23-20, 10:36 PM
SkinGriz
Live not by lies.

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 784 Times in 582 Posts
Last my eyes were checked 20/500 without correction, 20/300 with, and it's been a few years since then. I have never been able to drive and my eyesight is getting worse due to age. e-books are a godsend because otherwise i would have to have gone up to large print text a decade ago (and even when text is readable to me I have to get basically nose distance for it to feel comfortable to read.)

As for your observations. As I have stated above. In a prior thread someone else, perhaps derisively or sarcastically, said since documentation does not exist. Make it. Plus my want to have a knowledge of how everything fits when it is in proper order rather than 'oh crap a crank broke' or 'the breaks did a wierd thing' or some other malady.

I prefer to take it as a learning experience.
I understand.

I think for stuff like derailers and brakes your best bet is to just lube bearings and bushings, and work the adjustment screws, see what happens. If it’s hard to see how far an adjustment screw is in or out, you can count and keep track of how many turns you turn a wrench in or out. See what happens.

This approach is pretty common with mechanical things- Adjusting the idle speed on a car or motorcycle, adjusting a dirtbikes pilot jet screw, zeroing a rifle scope.

Go one way, see what happens. Just don’t back a screw out so far that you lose the screw.

I think you have to be extremely hard on cranks or derailers to actually break them. I’ve seen old school one piece cranks break once, teenager came up short on a jump at a bmx track.

You’ll probably just end up with flat or bald tires. And a handlebar that slips in its gooseneck—
Solution, take off handlebars- get a strip of sandpaper or emery cloth and fold in 3. Put sandpaper in between handlebar and handlebar clamp.
Old 03-15-21, 04:25 PM
BlindGuyRides

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mack_turtle
no way to tell from here is that's a 1" threaded or 1-1/8" threaded stem/ headset/ fork setup, but Sheldon Brown has an easy way to check:
Using this method as well as asking on the official huffy page. it is a 1-1/8th inch headset. Which to me is great news both from a serviceability standpoint (going by the parts listing on huffy's page there are no replacement forks in stock) but also from the standpoint of tinkering.
Old 03-15-21, 05:08 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

This thread is the very first result when I Google "huffy men's parkview."
Old 03-15-21, 05:36 PM
BlindGuyRides

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
This thread is the very first result when I Google "huffy men's parkview."
Which is in my eyes a good thing, since a lot of the commented here have insight and suggestions I wouldn't have thought of, or neglect to mention. So far it's been a pretty dependable bike for my needs.
Likes For BlindGuyRides:
Old 03-15-21, 05:39 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

I agree and do understand you are undertaking this project for posterity.
Old 03-16-21, 08:45 AM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1814 Post(s)
Liked 1,692 Times in 973 Posts
Using this method as well as asking on the official huffy page. it is a 1-1/8th inch headset. Which to me is great news both from a serviceability standpoint (going by the parts listing on huffy's page there are no replacement forks in stock) but also from the standpoint of tinkering.
Actually, 1 1/8" threaded headsets are not very common at all. 1" was the standard for decades, When 1 1/8" came out most bikes using that standard went to threadless headsets. However, not to worry. Properly maintained headsets can last for decades. You will probably never need replacement parts for yours
Likes For alcjphil:
Old 02-20-22, 07:44 AM
fishycomics

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Big-thank-you to Blinguyrides: 42 tooth chainring I wonder if it would be best to get a crank set 22 tooth or 32 tooth, any info on this. what exact part I actually need , then to say go pick one and try it. on a budget if asked so I do not need top end stuff.

Last edited by fishycomics; 02-20-22 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-20-22, 08:56 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Originally Posted by fishycomics
Big-thank-you to Blinguyrides: 42 tooth chainring I wonder if it would be best to get a crank set 22 tooth or 32 tooth, any info on this. what exact part I actually need , then to say go pick one and try it. on a budget if asked so I do not need top end stuff.
Welcome fishy! This was a troll thread and OP has not been around in nearly a year. I suggest you start your own thread in "Mechanics," don't get caught up in the troll baggage. In your thread, give as much info as you can about your bike and what you hope to achieve with a change.
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 02-20-22, 09:59 AM
TPL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 64 Posts
The use of 27.5 size claim is a 'huckster / hustle' ....wanna buy a bridge in Brooklyn ?

These are 650b size
Old 02-20-22, 11:09 AM
fishycomics

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TPL
The use of 27.5 size claim is a 'huckster / hustle' ....wanna buy a bridge in Brooklyn ?

These are 650b size
Welcome fishy! This was a troll thread and OP has not been around in nearly a year. I suggest you start your own thread in "Mechanics," don't get caught up in the troll baggage. In your thread, give as much info as you can about your bike and what you hope to achieve with a change.
Thank you for the warm welcome guys & gals:

My question is about a 32 or 22 crank kit, as I have taken apart the bolts ( 9/16th) , caps and chain cover, will need a spanner or do the ole method way. not sure what a brooklyn bridge or troll have to do with a Huffy parkside Se querry?
Old 02-20-22, 11:30 AM
TPL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 64 Posts
Maelochs from above ....Italian and French are both right hand threads = both sides

fishycomics from above ....it's the 'snakeoil' use of 27.5 ....that 27.5 size is what has long been called, ( 80 YEARS + ) 650b ....why now 'invent' a 'new' size ( 27.5 ) ? = Perhaps to intentionally mislead a unknowing buyer into thinking they have something 'new' or 'different' ....even though it's NEITHER 'new' or 'different'

27.5 = HUCKSTER / HYPE / HUSTLE / SMOKE AND MIRRORS / SNAKE OIL ....wanna buy a tower in Paris ?
Old 02-20-22, 11:56 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Thus my advice to start your own new thread....
Old 02-20-22, 12:55 PM
fishycomics

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thus my advice to start your own new thread....
11 post I will
Old 02-20-22, 12:58 PM
fishycomics

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=TPL;22415492 ?[/QUOTE]
whats your question