Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

Question about the Northern part of the SART

Search
Notices
Southern California Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-21, 07:41 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 922 Times in 539 Posts

Since I've never ridden the SART north of Ball/Taft I was hoping someone here could give me the rundown on what is in store for me if I venture further up towards Green River (or even further). My riding buddy was golfing at Green River and saw that the trail looked a little busy (Sunday) and I would appreciate hearing about its viability up towards Corona and beyond. Right now the days are a little too hot for that section but once it cools down a bit we'd like to give it a try.
Old 07-21-21, 09:49 AM
2seven0

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 235 Times in 101 Posts
My wife & I ride it frequently esp. summertime after work when it's cooler. Yorba Linda Reg. park has plenty of shade & restrooms. You must exit onto La Palma for a short distance at YL Blvd. then re-enter past the shopping center. Cross the bridge at Gypsum Cyn then north till it ends at Green River.
Sometimes we take La Palma till it ends & turns north, then east on Brush Cyn to a small park for a stop.
Going back west we take La Palma back to the entrance before YL Blvd. as the trail is very narrow in places.
I park at Main St./Taft by the Cement plant for our weekday rides. Very convenient to get in @ 26 miles after work.
West
Old 07-21-21, 04:33 PM
TakingMyTime

Thanks for the info. YL Park looks like it might be a nice turn-a-round point coming up from the beach. The park looks to be about 8 miles North of Anaheim Stadium. What's the "safety" factor for that stretch?
Old 07-21-21, 06:00 PM
2seven0

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 235 Times in 101 Posts
Very safe. Only hazards are typical e.g. dog walkers, joggers with headphones on etc.
Pavement is a bit bumpy in places due to tree root humps but nothing serious.
Old 07-21-21, 08:11 PM
TakingMyTime

Thanks for the input. I was worried that the homeless may have left Anaheim and moved further north. Normal bike path idiots I can handle.
Old 07-27-21, 08:54 PM
csrpenfab

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by TakingMyTime
Thanks for the input. I was worried that the homeless may have left Anaheim and moved further north. Normal bike path idiots I can handle.
You’re golden from the big A to Green River. Virtually no homeless. Trail ends there and doesn’t officially pick up again until Norco. From there you will encounter some sketchy homeless areas as you go through Jurupa valley.
Old 09-17-21, 02:27 PM
mikeymichaels
Bonking Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 12 Posts
Just watch out for wildlife: geese, squirrels, and one time I hoped over a snake that was lying across the path. Some sections of the trail have curves you might need to slow down for, depending on your speed. And like someone already mentioned, watch out for the uneven pavement - don't get jarred off your handlebars.
Old 09-17-21, 03:02 PM
Elvo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 206 Posts
Yeah the part between Imperial and Glassell is pretty bumpy and twisty and requires your full attention