Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Fazua Drivepack Problem

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Fazua Drivepack Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-22, 03:16 AM
mattgod69

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Fazua Drivepack Problem

I hope you are all ok and having a good Easter.

My Fazua system stopped working yesterday. I obviously noticed this when the assistance was gone…. I also noticed that the top led was intermittently flashing red. I charged the battery (it was about 40%) in case that was the issue.

I plugged the pack into the PC and ran the toolbox. I wanted to check if there was a firmware update too, but it is up to date (2.12).

I noticed this am when trying the bike that it is very difficult to move backwards, it moves forwards without issue.

I also noticed yesterday that the white LEDs around the power buttons were dim, although this seems to have returned this am.

I cleaned the contacts on both the pack and bike but these looked ok anyway.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on and what I need to do to sort it out?

Many thanks in anticipation and for your time.

Matt
Old 04-17-22, 07:36 AM
palincss

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 31 Posts
Do you have the Fazua toolbox? It includes diagnostic software. It's available for Windows, Linux and Mac.
https://fazua.com/en/support/help-ce...lbox-software/
Here's how to run diagnostics: https://fazua.com/en/support/help-ce...gnosis-report/
Old 04-17-22, 12:57 PM
mattgod69

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Hiya.... i do, i did run the toolbox with the battery out, but not whilst in the bike... ill do the test with the unit in the bike and post the results.
Old 04-18-22, 03:36 AM
mattgod69

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
When running the diagnostics with the drivepack in the bike i get the following error:

hard fault 20 - driver board FET shorted

It sounds serious!

Matt
Old 04-21-22, 02:00 PM
rutan74

Bikes: Felt ZR3, Specialized Sectur

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by mattgod69
When running the diagnostics with the drivepack in the bike i get the following error:

hard fault 20 - driver board FET shorted

It sounds serious!

Matt
In the old days, an FET was a Field Effect Transistor. Not sure if the terminology has carried over. If it is a transistor, then yep, you have a major problem. My guess is that someone would have to take the battery/motor apart. There is probably a small PC board under the USB port and that has developed a problem.

My guess is that you are not under warranty? New battery/motor of the website is 500 bucks but at least you get an updated motor and battery. I have a Fazua setup too but dread the thought of it going dark due to the electronic nature of things. That is why I never went Di2 for my drivetrain as I wanted to keep it mechanical. Now I have this electrical setup and who knows how reliable the electronics are.

Keep us posted.
Old 04-22-22, 01:02 AM
mattgod69

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Fazua are responding (as they usually do)... it is looking hopeful re the warranty as it is only just out of it. Fingers crossed. I will keep you all posted.
Likes For mattgod69:
Old 04-22-22, 10:26 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 613 Posts
Originally Posted by mattgod69
Fazua are responding (as they usually do)... it is looking hopeful re the warranty as it is only just out of it. Fingers crossed. I will keep you all posted.
Glad to hear they're supporting the product. I'm hoping a light e-MTB is in my future, just need to wait until one is irresistible and my wife wants one too since we ride together most of the time.
Old 05-20-22, 03:26 AM
mattgod69

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Hi all...

By way of an update, Fazua have been great. I contacted them and they picked up the drivepack. The replacement arrived this morning and it appears to be a new unit. Very good communication and service from Fazua which has in fairness been my experience in a very beginning with them.

This does give me the confidence to invest further in the company and tends to get another bike the same system on it..

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Matt
Likes For mattgod69:
Old 05-20-22, 10:19 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 613 Posts
Thanks for the update. I feel one of those units closing in on me.
Old 05-20-22, 01:32 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
I am heavily looking at the Riese and Müller UBN 5 when it comes out in the U.S. it will have the Ride 60 and it looks quite promising. I am already doing a build sheet to put on some Di2 and upgrade the fork to either carbon or that new Taper Cast Fox fork. I was emailing with Fazua recently and they were quite responsive and super friendly I can't speak to the actual ride yet but the company seems to be solid. I may also consider Nevi as they do a titanium gravel bike with Fazua and that sounds like fun but I know R+M and work with them often Nevi is a new one.