Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from the SF Bay Area

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Old 08-25-21, 09:33 PM
Pantah

Bikes: More than I have room for.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 72 Posts

Hello everyone from Sebastopol, CA. For those who have no idea where that is, which is most of you, it's next door to Santa Rosa, which is at the far northern end of the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
First time posting up on this forum but no newbie to bicycles (or forums). Been an on again off again recreational and commuter cyclist for the last 20 years. Developed an affinity early on for aluminum framed bikes thanks to my dad's mid-90's Cannondale mountain bike (forget the specific model) and eventually got my own Cannondale road bike in the late 2000's, a 2000 R300 that I still ride today, though it's fully upgraded now.
I've always been adept with a wrench and do all of my own work, and it helps that my dad is an avid cyclist and decent wrench as well as my brother who is also a professional bicycle mechanic. So, I've got the resources to do anything and everything.

I got back into doing bike projects during the pandemic, much cheaper than acquiring cars and motorcycles, so I now own more than a dozen. I got seriously back into riding after doing some nasty damage to my knee in a motorcycle accident back in March which had a longer lasting impact on my ability to run (which is my primary outdoor hobby/activity) than cycle, so I started riding 100+ miles a week until I could run again. Mileage is down from that due to running, but I'm still putting in a good 50 miles a week and plan to continue riding as such, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it.

I'm also a low key recumbent guy, particularly trikes, I'll post up about them from time to time.
Old 08-25-21, 11:11 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Hello and Welcome from a Texas Road Rider.

Old 08-26-21, 12:35 AM
sean.hwy

Bikes: Blur / Ibis Hakka MX / team machince alr2 / topstone 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 201 Posts
I got into biking also because I messed my both knees in motorcycle accident. I can hike up hill fast. Hike down hill slow and still no running :/

I am down in SJ. Welcome to the board.
Old 08-26-21, 02:28 AM
Bryan M

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi. Greeting from another newbie. This is Bryan from FL. Nice to join you guys.
Old 08-26-21, 10:16 AM
Pantah

Originally Posted by sean.hwy
I got into biking also because I messed my both knees in motorcycle accident. I can hike up hill fast. Hike down hill slow and still no running :/

I am down in SJ. Welcome to the board.
That's rough, motorcycle accidents suck. It was a wake up call to wear better knee protection, which I now have.

Thankfully, the damage wasn't permanent, miraculously got away with no broken bones but could clearly see my exposed kneecap. 16 stitches later and I've got a sweet scar. Most of my post injury issues arose from doing too much too soon, so re-injured my IT Band (not the first, second or third time, distance runner problems) and something behind my kneecap was not happy with all the cycling I was doing less than a month after. So after some wise weeks of rest, I eased myself back into both running and cycling with lots of stretching throughout the day and before any exercise and I was fully healed inside of 3 months.
Likes For Pantah:
Old 08-26-21, 02:57 PM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked 1,195 Times in 687 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums.
You'll find more than a few of us in the Bay Area.

Barry
Old 08-26-21, 10:31 PM
Pantah

I've gathered as much. It's a popular area to ride and lots of people living around here. Heck, the road I live on is a popular cycling road, get cyclists going by my house all day long and have even had a big ride, like a century or something, go right by house a few years back.
Old 09-11-21, 07:16 PM
Jgfox

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey there! I'm very familiar with Sebastopol. My cousin grew up there. Beautiful bicycle country.
Old 09-13-21, 10:09 AM
Pantah

Originally Posted by Jgfox
Hey there! I'm very familiar with Sebastopol. My cousin grew up there. Beautiful bicycle country.
It sure is!
The county has been repairing a bunch of roads this summer out here, so that's opened up a few new routes. The one I usually take had some of the sections repaved a few years back, so it's wonderfully smooth riding, though I strangely don't see many other cyclists on the roads I usually ride. May have something to do with the complete lack of flat terrain, it's all hill, much of it fairly steep.
Old 09-13-21, 08:14 PM
Yeti4lyfe
Newbie4Sure

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings

Hope u enjoy
Old 09-13-21, 08:20 PM
Yeti4lyfe
Newbie4Sure