Duvall to Skykomish?

Old 06-09-22, 10:53 AM
broobike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Duvall to Skykomish?

Hi, this is my first post -- I just have a regular touring bike and am in the middle of my goal to bicycle to every single King County library system branch (I just retired after working for them for 26+ years!). I've now biked to 32 of the 50 branches. My final most ambitious ride will likely be from Duvall to Skykomish and would love any advice. Highway 2 doesn't look like the friendliest of roads for cyclists and would love any advice or alternative routes....!
I will plan on going on a Tuesday or maybe Friday when the library is open (not on a busier weekend!)

TIA, Bruce

Last edited by cb400bill; 06-09-22 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-09-22, 04:30 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3872 Post(s)
Liked 1,920 Times in 1,369 Posts
Here you go: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/39757957
Hope you can open it whether you have RWGPS or not.

The roads up to Sultan are quite ordinary. I've ridden them many times. Beyond Sultan, I used to ride Hwy 2 at least once a year, all the way to Wenatchee, but the last couple decades it's become annoyingly busy. I've shown some off-Hwy work-arounds, which I've also ridden because of the traffic. They are fairly strenuous, the Kellogg Lake one more so, the one ending in Index is actually pretty good and a very good option. The last 10 miles into Skykomish are shoulderless. OTOH, it's only 10 miles and quite flat. Hwy 2 traffic is quite weather-sensitive. Much of it is people going to eastern Washinton either to escape the rain on one side or the other or for weekends or holidays, so think about things like that when deciding when to do it.