Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Fuji decals, catalogs, and a sign!

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-11, 02:51 PM
khatfull
FBoD Member at Large

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Was alerted to Scott Ryder this morning that the gentleman that I got my Opus IV decals from had put the remainder of his decals and his stash of catalogs up on eBay and CL. I called, made arrangements, and got the lot locally on my way to work this morning. BTW the eBay username is hunterbc. I could probably inspect anything (of a higher value) he might put up.

There's another full set of decals for my Opus IV, several additional Opus IV decals that don't make a full set (and a good thing as a couple disintegrated as they were being applied, I have spares!!!), decals from the 86 Team Fuji (two sets plus) and 86 Club Fuji (1 set). There's also some misc. decals I haven't yet been able to identify.

There's also a total of 11 catalogs: 3 x 1990, 3 x 1987, 2 x 1989, 2 x 1986, and 1 x 1985.

All the decals will be scanned and sent to JR at VeloCals and will join the scans of the Opus IV decals I already sent him for posterity's sake. He has an 86 Team set already but is missing a trim decal or two from it.

Also, I was alerted to an old Fuji bike shop sign in St. Louis by another member a couple of weeks ago. Member buldogge was gracious enough to facilitate and did a bang up job of packing the relatively fragile plastic sign. I haven't decided where to hang it yet, but it sure is VERY cool.

Fun stuff. Pics below.

Old 02-16-11, 04:20 PM
tugrul

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by khatfull
and a good thing as a couple disintegrated as they were being applied
Are the decals getting clear coated on the Opus?

I'd love a shop sign to hang over my bikes.
Old 02-16-11, 04:23 PM
khatfull
FBoD Member at Large

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tugrul
Are the decals getting clear coated on the Opus?

I'd love a shop sign to hang over my bikes.
Absolutely. When I sent the decals off with the frame I half wondered if something like this may happen. They did feel somewhat brittle or "crispy" to me. After talking to JR at VeloCals (he was going to start on replicating the two right away for me if getting more of the NOS ones fell through) I'm really not surprised. Danged things are nearly 25 years old...just think, 25 year old thin plastic, inks...not really a stretch to think they may have degraded somewhat.

But, all's well...decals are off to Boston today...hopefully a frame back soon!