Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Steve from North East Ohio

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-21, 06:45 AM
Steph1

Bikes: Giant Sedona DX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hello, Steve here from North East Ohio. I had not ridden a bike since I was in high school. As a kid when first allowed to ride on the road my brother and I would ride 3 miles on our huffy banana bikes to the corner store. As I got older I then had a three speed, and finally a ten speed. And then I got my drivers license in1978. Several years ago I interviewed for a County Parks Operations manager position. The Park system has a bike path that runs through the entire county. Great excuse for me to run out and buy a bike and get back to what I used to love, cruising around on a bike! I visited all the parks and wanted to experience the greenway trail before my interview. Ended up with a Giant Sedona DX 24 speed figuring a hybrid would be ideal for a little off path or road. Love it and love just riding around! I came in second for the job... But rediscovered my love of being on a bike. Always looking for suggestions on paths that go through cities or villages in NE Ohio to mix country with lunch stops and shopping etc. Chardon is a trail city, something else like that if anyone has some suggestions.
Old 10-26-21, 07:50 AM
classic carl
Old newbie

Bikes: 2022 Trek Emonda SL 5, 2002 Klein Quantum, 2000 Trek 8000, 2011 Trek 7.5 FX

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 77 Times in 22 Posts
Welcome from just across the PA border. Sounds like a great place to ride. Have you ever been to Presque Isle State Park in Erie, PA? They have a 13 mile loop on the road and also a separate paved all purpose trail. The park is extremely flat.
Likes For classic carl:
Old 10-26-21, 07:55 AM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Welcome from Texas.
Nice Intro.

Likes For 10 Wheels:
Old 10-26-21, 12:56 PM
Steph1

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Presque Isle is on my short list! Thank you! And ideally before the lake temp cools too much. As a nature buff I've been wanting to go there.
Old 10-26-21, 04:36 PM
05 fuji
Cancer survivor (twice)

Bikes: 2020 Trek Verve 2

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 74 Posts
Another Buckeye! Welcome! South of you in Mansfield is the Richland B&O Trail. Its 18.4 miles of pretty flat paved path that goes 6 miles and you are in Lexington (with a great bike shop right on the trail (Y-Not Cycling)! Another 6 miles and you are at Bellville (shopping and restaurants available). Another 6 miles and you are in Butler (restaurants and small town shops available). Very scenic and never crowded! Farther south in Mount Vernon you have the Kokosing Gap Trail which is also very scenic and paved!
Likes For 05 fuji:
Old 10-27-21, 09:20 AM
Steph1

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Wow 05 fuji!!! Perfect, Thank you. And not all that far away.
Old 11-04-21, 05:20 AM
Soupy1957
OLD AND CRAZY!!

Bikes: Trek Marlin 6

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
[/QUOTE]….. looking for suggestions on paths that go through cities or villages in NE Ohio to mix country with lunch stops and shopping etc. Chardon is a trail city, something else like that if anyone has some suggestions.[/QUOTE]

take a look around Cuyahoga Falls, South of the old Rex Humbard catastrophe (near Stow). There is a bunch of Native American land (parks) that probably has some casual linear trails.
Likes For Soupy1957:
Old 11-04-21, 07:19 AM
Cankles

Bikes: Motobecane Gran Premio 22sp

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
cheers from KY. looking forward to more riding once the midwestern schmeg clears the skies in march april or so
Likes For Cankles:
Old 11-14-21, 07:42 AM
FrankCerny

Bikes: 1988 Schwinn Tempo

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A little late to the party, but its great to meet another NE Ohioan! I've been meaning to get to the Greenway for a few years now, but it always eludes me! I'll have to put it on the top on my list next year. I generally stick to the LaGrange/Grafton area for the peaceful, rolling flat land (and lack of traffic).