Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Stoker suspension seat post recommendations

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-21, 03:47 PM
Thalia949

Bikes: Masi Gran Crit, Bianchi Campione D' Italia 84, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Ibis Ripley, Co Motion Tandem, Merlin Agilis, Ritchey Breakaway, Bianchi Infinito CV, Colnago Master

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 63 Posts

I am thinking about adding a suspension seat post for my stoker. When looking at the thread - Post your Co Motion pics, I noticed a number of tandems had a suspension post.

Can anyone offer a recommendation and some of the features as well as feedback on how effective they are in smoothing out some of the bumps? My stoker has an old lower back athletic injury that makes longer and muti day trips really challenging and I am wondering if a suspension post may help.

Thanks
Old 09-01-21, 05:26 PM
unikid

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Suggest starting here: https://www.bikeforums.net/tandem-cy...hat-works.html
Old 09-07-21, 09:18 AM
Paul J

Bikes: 1980's Spectrum 10 sp Campagnolo Centaur, 1990 Eddy Merckx 10 sp Campagnolo Centaur, Bushnell Tandem, Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 65 Posts
We have Thudusters on both of our tandems and they have been a good option. More recently, after we purchased the Thudbusters the BodyFloat/Kinekt seat post was introduced. In my option it is the best post out there especially for your stoker's needs. Enjoy riding! https://cirruscycles.com/
Old 09-07-21, 09:37 AM
jim_pridx

Bikes: 2010 Bob Brown Cycles tandem, 2019 Co-Mo Carrera tandem, 1980 Richardson tandem, 2014 Cervelo R3, 2018 Specialized Roubaix, 1985 Bianchi Campione, 1983 Trek 720, 2020 Trek Fuel EX8, 2021 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 70 Posts
My wife has tried a variety of them, and her favorite by far is the Kinekt/Body Float. I can't really tell you why it's her favorite, but I tend to think that the Kinekt has a little more vertical shock absorption than some of the others, and it has a pretty wide range of adjustability.
Likes For jim_pridx: